ShaneGreen

Submod: Additional LAPD Patrol Units, Fire and Ambulance Changes

Version 1

emsv1.jpg

Version 2

82006287.jpg

The instructions are about the same as SahenGreen's. Browse into Version 1 or 2 and then follow shanes directions, which are basically copy and paste :P

NOTE: The Directional light is fully functional in both versions.

I am working on reskining the LAP SUV into the EMS SUV above. Should be done tomorrow. Just need Hoppahs permision.

Guest blwoods0
Since I cant see your attachment I am going to assume its not the standard map for EM4/911 nor the standard map for the LA Mod, so in which case, it must be w00ds map I am guessing http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=4804

He is referring to this: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&id=1574

If you look at the mini map, the map isn't the standard, nor is it w00d's map.

Im fairly certain that its just part of ShaneGreen's personal mod.

He is referring to this: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&id=1574

If you look at the mini map, the map isn't the standard, nor is it w00d's map.

Im fairly certain that its just part of ShaneGreen's personal mod.

Yep that is the deluxe map.

I installed the LA Mod and I think everything is in English but a couple things such as a few words in options and then the video that comes on while playing freeplay.

Yep that is the deluxe map.

I installed the LA Mod and I think everything is in English but a couple things such as a few words in options and then the video that comes on while playing freeplay.

It is the Deluxe map. Anyone who has 911 First Responders, that decides to get the German Deluxe version (EM4 GOLD) can just copy the english language folder from 911FR to the German installation, change your language in the config file and you have an almost complete translation in the original game including video. Occasionally you will get an incident occur (the deluxe specific incidents) that will not have a video prompt, you will just get the details scroll across the top of the screen.

Sorry about the confusion on the map question. It was a pic on my computer but I guess im too new at this. Is there anyway I can get that map without getting em4 deluxe (german version) or just em4? I also like the placement of the fire trucks. I am working on revamping the whole FireStation 2 to Rescue Crane, Water Tender and Heavy Equipment Truck.

Sorry about the confusion on the map question. It was a pic on my computer but I guess im too new at this. Is there anyway I can get that map without getting em4 deluxe (german version) or just em4? I also like the placement of the fire trucks. I am working on revamping the whole FireStation 2 to Rescue Crane, Water Tender and Heavy Equipment Truck.

Hi Texas_DPS,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to get the map without the Deluxe version. The deluxe map has additional feature and incidents which will not function in the non-deluxe versions of the game. Good luck with your renovations of Firestation 2. If you get stuck there are many helpful people on this forum who may be able to point you in the right direction.

Thats ok. As for the renovation, by all means to each there own, but the crane gets very little use on any of the freeplay maps in my experience.

I dont want to hijack your thread shane but since hoopah hasnt given me permission yet I figuered I would post an update here on the request for a reskined EMS SUV like thw white one, I am about 80-85% done. All that left is clean up a few things like the rear roof supports and mirrors, add the commands, and edit the light bar and change the blue lights to red. Oh and a few small alterations like the writing on the windows.

32445246.jpg

To stay consistant, shane, I was curious what font you used?

Thats ok. As for the renovation, by all means to each there own, but the crane gets very little use on any of the freeplay maps in my experience.

I dont want to hijack your thread shane but since hoopah hasnt given me permission yet I figuered I would post an update here on the request for a reskined EMS SUV like thw white one, I am about 80-85% done. All that left is clean up a few things like the rear roof supports and mirrors, add the commands, and edit the light bar and change the blue lights to red. Oh and a few small alterations like the writing on the windows.

32445246.jpg

To stay consistant, shane, I was curious what font you used?

Hi Xplorer4x4,

You are not hijacking my thread at all. This is all about sharing our ideas and skills to help each other out. :1046276057_GroupHug:

You have done some very good work on the SUV. Well done.

Regarding the font, I was using impact in photoshop, but this is your work so feel free to use whatever font you feel suits the model best.

Xplorer4x4, on Hoppah's map I added a few extra crashes into the water. I also put the crane in there for eye candy and it helps me work on my editing skills so I can try some more stuff of my own.

I love that version of the EMS suv. I like the suv look as well as the Charger look. Is there any way I can bribe you to make a Charger Battalion Chief and EMS, lol.

You guys have helped me a lot by just reading and trying stuff on my own. Thanks for the support. You guys rock.

Do you know where I can get a free paint program so I can try to reskin some myself?

Thanks again and sorry for the long post.

- Jon

@Shane, thank you. As I mentioned earlier, I fixed the directional lights for the EMS SUV(if memory serves me right, there working correct lol), all I need to do is provide the e4p file for you correct? That way you can devote your time to other things.

Xplorer4x4, on Hoppah's map I added a few extra crashes into the water. I also put the crane in there for eye candy and it helps me work on my editing skills so I can try some more stuff of my own.

Ahh I see, well in that case, sounds good. I may do the same with woods map to get more use of my cranes.None the less kudos for learning to script. I need some more experience in that department.

I love that version of the EMS suv. I like the suv look as well as the Charger look. Is there any way I can bribe you to make a Charger Battalion Chief and EMS, lol.

I may consider that. ;)

Do you know where I can get a free paint program so I can try to reskin some myself?

GIMP is free I believe and of course there is good ol paint. Personally I used Adobe Photoshop 7 for the work above. I have used Photoshop CS and CS 2 but prefer the old V7 as I find it a bit easier to acomplish what I need. May give CS3 a shot one day to see where things have come. V7 lacks some featuers if your into making sig type images compared to CS series but I use it only for photo editing.

Anyways try gimp. I believe it supports layers like photoshop so it provides the ability to modify things a bit easier then paint.

EDIT: Heres a video of the lights in action to show there all updated to red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cv8Cwer5hw

Everything is done except for the siren script, unit files, and dispatch icons. Am I forgetting anything? They will come tomorrow along with the release of the submod if hoopah will reply with his consent to allow me to release it.

On this AMR ambulance, it has 2 versions to download in which one is with all the submod included and then the other one is just standalone meaning I can install it without needing the submod am I correct? Does the standalone have to have the submod installed in order to have it in game because I am having crashing problems after I put in the AMR ambulance but I do not have any of the submod you made.

I have asked him to upload his logfile ans sytem specs so we can hopefully sort this out, apparently there have been other reports of crashes, though I have yet to experience a crash...

-NFK

Ok, I just played the game real quick and I have uploaded the Logfile and DxDiag files. Crashed after the first task came up in Freeplay.

Thanks for helping in advance because I like this model.

Guest blwoods0
It is the Deluxe map. Anyone who has 911 First Responders, that decides to get the German Deluxe version (EM4 GOLD) can just copy the english language folder from 911FR to the German installation, change your language in the config file and you have an almost complete translation in the original game including video. Occasionally you will get an incident occur (the deluxe specific incidents) that will not have a video prompt, you will just get the details scroll across the top of the screen.

Thanks, that helped a lot.

As a side note.. the game slammed me right away. The toxic cloud *and* the birds event on the opposite sides a a small street in the Northwest corner of the map. :1046276128_motz:

^well there exactly the same unit. This just over writes the ones currently in the game.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7370/25139901.jpg

The onl difference is the number.

However if you want USAR 1 and USAR 85(the one in this mod) I suggest renaming the files from Shanes mod like so. usar_squad.dds to usar_squad85.dds and usar_squad_2.dds to usar_squad_85_2.dds then copy and paste usar_squad.V3O from the LA Mod folder, and paste it some where else. Rename it to usar_squad_85.V3O. Edit it with Notepad or Notepad 2(i prefer notepad 2) and then point it to the new dds files.

Then in Units\Vehicles\Fire Department you will find 140usarsquad copy and paste this some where else. Once pasted, rename it to 141usarsquad. Now edit the xml file inside and point it to the e4p file. We covered how to make that the other day in the editor. I suggest naming it usar_squad85.e4p and of course dont forget to make epd files for the doors. We didnt cover that part yet i dont believe so pm me if you need help with that. Also in the XML file, <unit id="USAR_SQUAD"> should be on Line 1. Change this to <unit id="USAR_SQUAD_85">.

Now we also have to edit things like lasiren.script and the tooltip xml file and so forth. If you need USAR 85 to return to the station you already know the files to edit judging from your script topic else where on the forum. I cant help much with that, but may be able to figure it out based off other parts of shanes scripts.

Shane: A suggestion if I may. Utilize something like this http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=6110 Also another script idea, if I may..how about having AMR use a Return to Base function that makes them return to the Hospital since there not city/county fire EMS.

Hi Topfuzz,

Actually, where I am from (not Los Angeles) the numbers are sequential and this helps to determine which station they are attached to. However if the general consensus is to have random numbers, then that can be arranged.

The white (BLS) ambulance remains number 802 and the vintage ambulance van is still 104. Both are included in the game, as is LAX ambulance no 51.

Take care

Shane

My dad is the safety & risk Manger for AMR Los Angeles County. And the ambulances are numbered by the year it was bought and its fleet number.

Like this 99-467

hope this helps you Shane :rolleyes: