ShaneGreen

Submod: Additional LAPD Patrol Units, Fire and Ambulance Changes

lol i just left something in your form. i just need to figure out the script and how to add the unit with the amr and the l.e.v. the l.e.v over writes the amr and life guard truck. the guy who came out with the a.m.r ambulance needs or is waiting on permission to add these things together in one big script. make sense? :schreiben:

cant wait till alll of the extra vehicles are just this easy to install

What you have to understand is that with each submod comes file edits. The only easy way to accomplish this with out file edits is if some one compiles a set of scripts that contain all the needed edits for every submod, and that way we can post a set of files for those making a submod so all they have to do is add there new vehicles to said scripts so that the end users can download a submod and over write there old files with the new ones that contain all the necessary edits. As easy as it is, it would be a bit of a time consuming proces, and even then may require some edits to scripts depending on which submods are installed. For example if you have this submod installed, but not the Lifeguard mod, the siren script may cause errors because it knows there is no lifeguard mod installed. That may or may not be the case, but as I said its a time consuming process, and really its in your own interest to learn to edit the files your self so you can make changes for submods and such. ;)

Someone needs to model the freightliner ambulances you know the ones..the BIG boys.

While I would love nothing more to have Freightliner ambulances, as far as I have seen(hopefully mikesphotos will see this and correct me if I am wrong) but these are not in use in LA or LA County, so its doubtful Hoppah would approve such a sub mod as it would be unrealistic and his goal is to keep the mod realistic for the most part.

While I would love nothing more to have Freightliner ambulances, as far as I have seen(hopefully mikesphotos will see this and correct me if I am wrong) but these are not in use in LA or LA County, so its doubtful Hoppah would approve such a sub mod as it would be unrealistic and his goal is to keep the mod realistic for the most part.

In the LA Area, the only ones who use them are the smaller departments such as Beverly hills, Burbank, Alhambra, and a couple of others. None of the Private ambulance companies contracting with LACoFD uses them, and LAFD had 2 but they're now covered in a ton of dust on a dirt lot by the shops. Just too big and unwieldy for use in LA City was the final result.

That is correct. The Light Equipment Truck (LEV) is not included in the package so it will not appear once the files are overwritten. I have PM'ed MCERT1 to obtain permision to add the LEV to the package and that should solve the problem. I am just awaiting a reply. Other than that the new package is ready to go and should be available soon.

Take care

Shane

update

Still have not heard back regarding permission to include LEV. If no news by monday, I think I will release the submod without LEV for now.

^are you adding the actual model and texture to your package or just altering the scripts to include the LEV?

If I get permission, my intention is to include the LEV model, it is slightly different, to match the markings of the HES in the submod.

Hi Guys and Gals,

Sorry for the delay. Additional Vehicles Submod for Los Angeles Mod v1.8 with AMR version 2 has now been released and can be found in the first post of this topic.

The submod includes both AMR ambulances (1 modelled off the vintage ford, one "box style" critical care ambulance). I have not replaced the Vintage or LAX ambulances, they remain in the game and the AMR units are completely new additions.

I have made a few other variations on the original that should be noted, I have removed Battalion Chief 2 and EMS 2, as I feel the map size does not warrant a second BC or EMS supervisor. Anyone who would like those re-included let me know and if there is enough interest I will release an addition.

I hope you find this version worth the wait. I have had limited testing time so if there are any issues, I am truly sorry, please let me know and I will look into any as a matter of urgency.

Enjoy, and take care

Shane