ShaneGreen

Submod: Additional LAPD Patrol Units, Fire and Ambulance Changes

Quick question Shane is the Critical Care Transport a reskin of the LA Ambulances or is it actually an extended length model like the real CCT units?

Keep up the good work my friend!

It is a reskin of the current model. Unfortunately, I do not have the programs, or any experience in the modelling side of things.

Take care

Shane

Hey shane, do E1,E3 only goto Station1 and E2 goto station 2 or still no workin?

I do have a working script that does allow for that, and for E201 and E203 to got to Station 1 also (that way E201 responds with ladder as part of light force when available - E203 will respond with ladder if E201 otherwise occupied), but it is based on v1.7 script so you lose the ability to automatically buy units if there are none available. I have not really gone to heavily into the v1.8 script as I figure it best to wait till v1.9 then I will give it a good crack and if I can get it working, I will speak to Hoppah about releasing. otherwise I can speak to him about the V1.7 script that I am currently using.

Take care

Shane

any chance this could be done for the Emergency 3 version. im kinda new at this i learned how to add the LA mod for it and love it. let me know thanks

Hi EMSSMITH and welcome :welcome:

Unfortunately, this will not function with EM3 version of LA Mod as it is quite different. :sorrysign:

At this time, I do not have time to create one for EM3, but maybe some time down the road. If I do I will let you know.

You may even like to consider Emergency 4, it has all the good points of EM3 with lots of new features and better graphics - and a number of great mods available to download.

In the mean time you will find a lot of interesting information about EM3 and EM4 and the projects that are available or soon to be. There are a great bunch of members here who are very helpful and can assist you with any questions and/or issues that you may encounter. So enjoy your time here and maybe learn a few things about the games.

Take care and enjoy :cheers:

Shane

Hey,

just wanne instal your submod, but it said i need a password for the file: 02 LA Fire Department otherwise i can not open this file???

is this correct or i need to skip it??

Hey,

just wanne instal your submod, but it said i need a password for the file: 02 LA Fire Department otherwise i can not open this file???

There have not been any passwords included with package. :gruebel: I have check package several times and have not encountered any issue. :nixweiss:

Has anybody else experienced this issue ?

Let me know if you have.

Thanks

Shane

Hey,

Do you mean you need a password to put the new files into your LA mod folder?

Try entering your password or the computer admin password.

Guest tjhugentobler

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded the new version... It's good. But I want to be able to park the new AMR box ambulance in firestation 1 (from wood's updated map), just how the red ALS ambulances are able to go in there. I also want to replace the BLS ambulance in firestation 2 with the new AMR box ambulance. How do I do these things?

Thanks,

Taylor

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded the new version... It's good. But I want to be able to park the new AMR box ambulance in firestation 1 (from wood's updated map), just how the red ALS ambulances are able to go in there. I also want to replace the BLS ambulance in firestation 2 with the new AMR box ambulance. How do I do these things?

Thanks,

Taylor

Hi Taylor,

If you want to park the AMR Box ambulance at Firestation 1, you will need to edit the firestation.script, tofirestation.script, firestationstart.script and replace ambulance02 with amrambulance02. To replace BLS at Firestation 2, you would need to replace ambulance01 with amrambulance02. If you have problems with the scripting side of things, let me know, and I might be able to work something out for you later in the week.

Take care

Shane

Guest tjhugentobler
Hi Taylor,

If you want to park the AMR Box ambulance at Firestation 1, you will need to edit the firestation.script, tofirestation.script, firestationstart.script and replace ambulance02 with amrambulance02. To replace BLS at Firestation 2, you would need to replace ambulance01 with amrambulance02. If you have problems with the scripting side of things, let me know, and I might be able to work something out for you later in the week.

Take care

Shane

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have no experience in scripting, so I have no idea what to do. It would be great if you could help me what to do. :)

Thanks alot,

Taylor

Great Job, as a former AMR employee and being on one of those vans for so long, I have to say you did a great job. I also like how each engine has it's own number

on another note. I wanted to script in how to get the engines to park at the station. I know you have been working on this, and I have been messing around with it with little success. I'm also working on it so that the new units can be dispatched out from the chief or other commanding officer. after that I was going to make it so that AMR units can post on street corners (most likely with the standby command), at least that's what they do to most our units out here.

thanks

Great Job, as a former AMR employee and being on one of those vans for so long, I have to say you did a great job. I also like how each engine has it's own number

on another note. I wanted to script in how to get the engines to park at the station. I know you have been working on this, and I have been messing around with it with little success. I'm also working on it so that the new units can be dispatched out from the chief or other commanding officer. after that I was going to make it so that AMR units can post on street corners (most likely with the standby command), at least that's what they do to most our units out here.

thanks

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feedback. It's is good to hear that it's close to the real thing.

I currently have a working script for the Engine parking at the firestations, but it is based on the v1.7 script without the standby or purchase additional units features - so that it still "in progress" at this stage. Will probably wait and see if there are any further changes to v1.9 script then sort that out.

Regarding the standby issue with AMR, if you base your script to call AMR off call Ambulance in the Battalion Chief script - which has the standby feature built in, then all you need to do is add the standby command to the AMR (but I think I have already done that on the prototypes).

The version that I use, I have the AMR set up as BLS (I usually respond LEV or HES with Paramdics to treat then AMR for transport) so I am working on modifying the Battalion script so that if LAFD BLS is unavailable - the call gets "contracted out" to AMR.

It is good to see you playing around with the scripts, as you learn you will be able to set things up exactly how you like things and make the mod truly your own version. Well done :12: . If I can help at all, just drop me a line and I will help where I can.

Take care

Shane