w00d

Submod: New Freeplay map v1.2 Released!

this is all because you are using files from deluxe, try to not use those on the map you release for the normal(Em4 or 911) :P

I know what the problem is, but it's not that easy to see witch file are for deluxe only.

Noise walls, like a little wall... Well W00d, if you want, I'll run my 911 FR and find all the Deluxe objects :)

Only if you want tho... So then you know what to and what not to use!

Hoppah already told me that deluxe only object are writen with a small characters. All the other object start with a capital character. So I know where to look for, but sometimes I forget it.

Maybe you could include the noise wall files with the map.

Yeah I thought about that to first, but then I end up with sending you guys all the deluxe files probably. It are not that import files, most of the time I can replace them easily with something else.

I am thinking about adding a 3e bridge for over the little river. It will be located south of the FS2 and then left of the church (If you look from the villa's). The idea/problem behind it is that the vehicles are still to stupid when they need to go to the villa's, or if you send a police car to the church for example.

Not to mention the trucks for FS1 that want to go trough the shopping area over the river..

So a 3e bridge might be the solution. Allright it is not that easily add in, but it is possible. Screenshots of it will follow soon.

What about on/off ramps for the very far right section of the highway? Near the campground side.

Well they are harder to add, because they need alot of space. But maybe, I will think about it, but I don't promise anything

Guest tjohnson139
Also this may just be the way its gonna work and if thats the case I can totally live with it, but It seems like when you instruct vehicles to move or the Stretcher crew exits the ambulance to go into the hospital, the game gets confused and it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple minutes for them to start moving. Not sure what the cause might be.
Well thats weird, When I tested it, it didn't need that long the respond. If I get more reports on this on, then I will look in to it.

Let me preface this by saying you did an amazing job on this. I wanted to do a new freeplay map for awhile, but I'm way too lazy. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I feel like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth even posting this.

I ran into this issue today while playing. My ambulance got to the hospital. The EMTs got out with the stretcher and just sat there standing by the door. I sped the game up and they just sat there some more. I put them back in the ambulance, left the hospital and told it to go back. It went back and the same thing happened. They just stood there. I did that a few more times. I finally just stopped playing. They never went inside.

Then I had a cardiac arrest up by the campground. The ambulance gets there. There's a guy rocking out to a boom box, another one sitting by a campfire, but I'll be damned if anyone was having a heart attack. I searched for that patient for a good 5 minutes.

I don't know if I installed things wrong and they're isolated bugs, or if more people are experiencing these, too.

Thanks!

Guest Hanover Firefighter

Great looking map. Very reaslistic. Quick Question, am I able to change the call rate frequencies the same way or is it different?

Great looking map. Very reaslistic. Quick Question, am I able to change the call rate frequencies the same way or is it different?

Then I had a cardiac arrest up by the campground. The ambulance gets there. There's a guy rocking out to a boom box, another one sitting by a campfire, but I'll be damned if anyone was having a heart attack. I searched for that patient for a good 5 minutes.

i usually send the medi heli to there and it have 5 medics and 1 stretcher, then i place a few medics around where i think the casualty is and let them discover him :)

you could just place 1 paramedic from an ambulance near the casualty and let him discover the casualty, you dont need 2-5 paramedics for that :)

small bug: looked at the train and saw that the textures on it is mirrored on the sides, so one side have "union pacific" right on 1 side but wrong on another, and the opposite with the train number :) i dont know who made the train but looking at the cars and containers i can see that it should be possible to fix that small bug :)

and btw, great thing with the 3rd bridge :)

One night of sleep and then this many questions :P. Well I take a cup of coffee and will anwser the questions.

You only need to overwrite freeplay.e4m and freeplay.dds.

No Absolutely not! That's is fixed by releasing the underground seperatly (new_freeplay_floor.zip)

Well that's more a EM4 bug then a map bug. Can't fix that in the map, can only change the driving paths.

Well thats weird, When I tested it, it didn't need that long the respond. If I get more reports on this on, then I will look in to it.

Thnxs

No you DON"T need the download both files!

Thnxs, yeah the 3 slices is a issue, but can't fix it, the bus models is just made up that way. So sorry but yes it will require 3 tow trucks.

When I tell a fire truck to leave the station it pulls out on to the road and stops for about 1 min., same with police.

I take it we have to download both maps? My game loaded, freeplay screen finished loading, then the game completely crash...any thoughts?

You have to download the one on top and then the one for what ever version you have.

Guest tjhugentobler

Oh my god, talk about a lot of bugs :s Every time I send a vehicle somewhere, it takes sooooo long for them to actually start going there. I right-click on a location for the vehicle, and I have to wait like 3 minutes just for them to start! You really need to work on this.

Guest tjohnson139
Oh my god, talk about a lot of bugs :s Every time I send a vehicle somewhere, it takes sooooo long for them to actually start going there. I right-click on a location for the vehicle, and I have to wait like 3 minutes just for them to start! You really need to work on this.

Ya know, I'm not one to usually step in on posts like this but wow....just wow....

He spends all of this time making this for us - at no cost, mind you - and you come in here and cry and moan like you paid him for this and have any right to make demands.

This was something he put a lot of time and effort into, has been taking his time on these boards helping us - again, at no cost to us - and you have the audacity to come in here and post something like that.

Really, do us all a favor and stop using the mods. Posts like this, spitting in the creators' faces, will convince them to stop doing any mods at all.

Ya know, I'm not one to usually step in on posts like this but wow....just wow....

He spends all of this time making this for us - at no cost, mind you - and you come in here and cry and moan like you paid him for this and have any right to make demands.

This was something he put a lot of time and effort into, has been taking his time on these boards helping us - again, at no cost to us - and you have the audacity to come in here and post something like that.

Really, do us all a favor and stop using the mods. Posts like this, spitting in the creators' faces, will convince them to stop doing any mods at all.

He didn't mean that in any way. He was simply trying to say that he believes there are still a lot of bugs, which there are some. Maybe not as much as he's saying, but still. I for one have noticed that my fire trucks, police units etc. have not left their stations nor where ever they just so happen to be, to go anywhere on the map. Unless it is like, within a block, which is still stretching it. Any thoughts on why this could be. Thanks in advance.

em4freak

He didn't mean that in any way. He was simply trying to say that he believes there are still a lot of bugs, which there are some. Maybe not as much as he's saying, but still. I for one have noticed that my fire trucks, police units etc. have not left their stations nor where ever they just so happen to be, to go anywhere on the map. Unless it is like, within a block, which is still stretching it. Any thoughts on why this could be. Thanks in advance.

em4freak

i cant seem to find where the download is?