w00d

Submod: New Freeplay map v1.2 Released!

Still debugging here, but as promised I will keep you updated:

The problem is still that I can't recall what I added when I released 1.0. In the versions before that (they where for my private use only) everything worked as it should, well I never had one or two specific accidents, but they are gone now.

But I did probably something that caused this problems.. but what!

I allready removed 2 accidents that I added later, but that wasn't the problem.

Today I started counting the accidents, and I have a total of 20 accidents in real, but I numberd to 25. So after some searching I noticed that I am missing the following accidents 3, 5, 18, 20, and 23. Because I don't know if this could be a problem, am I now adding the missing accidents and renumbering some.

And then the debugging continues..

Good news

I fixed the problem! I started the game 3 times, and every time withing 10 minutes I had a car accident. Also other events came up again, so thats good news.

There are still some minor bugs that I want to fix, I will try to do it night.

A little prove:

accidentkf7.th.pngthpix.gif

Good news

I fixed the problem! I started the game 3 times, and every time withing 10 minutes I had a car accident. Also other events came up again, so thats good news.

There are still some minor bugs that I want to fix, I will try to do it night.

A little prove:

accidentkf7.th.pngthpix.gif

Nice.... cant wait for the newer version! :popcorn:

Nice.... cant wait for the newer version! :popcorn:

Well you don't have to wait any longer ;)

News!

21-10-2008 - 1.1 released!

Well the new, major updated, state of the art, bug free, ultimate, fantastic, great, lovely and mosty time consuming version is out!! Hope you like it. Just for the record, I spend 12 to 15 hour in this version so please like, love it and especially: don't complain to much . Have fun with it, and let me know what you think about it.

Well you don't have to wait any longer ;)

News!

21-10-2008 - 1.1 released!

Well the new, major updated, state of the art, bug free, ultimate, fantastic, great, lovely and mosty time consuming version is out!! Hope you like it. Just for the record, I spend 12 to 15 hour in this version so please like, love it and especially: don't complain to much . Have fun with it, and let me know what you think about it.

Downloading now, Can't wait to try this again.

Guest mrfirefighter05

i followed all instructions to install 1.1. I load up the mod in the game, click either endless or challenge, and as soon as its done loading it crashes to the desktop. Ive tried to reinstall lamod 1.7 all over again but still get the same results.

Any Suggestions?

i followed all instructions to install 1.1. I load up the mod in the game, click either endless or challenge, and as soon as its done loading it crashes to the desktop. Ive tried to reinstall lamod 1.7 all over again but still get the same results.

Any Suggestions?

you might have to download both the deluxe and normal files to get it to work, dont know if thats still the case?

you could try it out, as that bug was a problem with the first version

just tried doing that, no luck either....

Works great for me.

Here is what I did. This is also for 911: First responders but is almost Identical for Emergency 4 and E4 Deluxe just minor changes to folders and downloaded files.

Step 1. Download the first file New_Freeplay_Floor.zip unpack the zip file and you should see a folder called Los Angeles mod 1.7. Now go to your C: drive or whatever letter you use and click program files then Wizardworks then 911 First Responders then click the mods folder. Now drag the Los Angeles Mod 1.7 folder from New_Freeplay_Floor into the Mods Floder and when it wants to overwrite click yes to all.

Step 2. Download New_Freeplay_normal.zip unpack that file and then do the exact same thing as above. Drag the Los Angeles Mod 1.7 folder into the Mods Folder and when it wants to Overwrite click Yes to all.

Now you are done. When you load up the mod it should work, if it doesn't or you tried installing once already you might have put some files in the wrong spot, so you may need to find those files and revert back to the correct versions, thru a reinstall or backup if you made one.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Wood,

The Map definitely seems to work better, I am getting events much more frequently and I like the changes you made. Just a few very minor things I noticed.

If a unit is responding to a call and they come across a pedestrian or animal in the road they seem to get stuck on that ped or animal sometimes. I had to have a cop come over and shoot a dog to get my ambulance to move.

Also this may just be the way its gonna work and if thats the case I can totally live with it, but It seems like when you instruct vehicles to move or the Stretcher crew exits the ambulance to go into the hospital, the game gets confused and it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple minutes for them to start moving. Not sure what the cause might be.

All in all though, this is an awesome addition to the game, and I just want to say Thanks again for taking the time to work on this for us.

Tom

The big accident on the freeway with the bus is a nice touch......but - the bus is cut into 3 segments for 3 injured people which is cool, but you need 3 tow trucks to take it away and it looks a little weird when you've taken 1 or 2 pieces of it away.

One night of sleep and then this many questions :P. Well I take a cup of coffee and will anwser the questions.

Uh doesent work on 911 what do i overwrite

You only need to overwrite freeplay.e4m and freeplay.dds.

you might have to download both the deluxe and normal files to get it to work, dont know if thats still the case?

you could try it out, as that bug was a problem with the first version

No Absolutely not! That's is fixed by releasing the underground seperatly (new_freeplay_floor.zip)

Wood,

The Map definitely seems to work better, I am getting events much more frequently and I like the changes you made. Just a few very minor things I noticed.

If a unit is responding to a call and they come across a pedestrian or animal in the road they seem to get stuck on that ped or animal sometimes. I had to have a cop come over and shoot a dog to get my ambulance to move.

Well that's more a EM4 bug then a map bug. Can't fix that in the map, can only change the driving paths.

Also this may just be the way its gonna work and if thats the case I can totally live with it, but It seems like when you instruct vehicles to move or the Stretcher crew exits the ambulance to go into the hospital, the game gets confused and it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple minutes for them to start moving. Not sure what the cause might be.

Well thats weird, When I tested it, it didn't need that long the respond. If I get more reports on this on, then I will look in to it.

All in all though, this is an awesome addition to the game, and I just want to say Thanks again for taking the time to work on this for us.

Tom

Thnxs

belive that w00d fixed that in the new version, but if he didn't then yes, you need to download both versions.

No you DON"T need the download both files!

The big accident on the freeway with the bus is a nice touch......but - the bus is cut into 3 segments for 3 injured people which is cool, but you need 3 tow trucks to take it away and it looks a little weird when you've taken 1 or 2 pieces of it away.

Thnxs, yeah the 3 slices is a issue, but can't fix it, the bus models is just made up that way. So sorry but yes it will require 3 tow trucks.

all the boxes near the water have gone now, BUT you added something near the forest park that have made some new boxes (well, the same boxes, but different place :) ) that you cant see.

heres a pic

newmap.jpg

and good work you have done :)

Arg, well that boxen represent a noise barrier ;) So now you can inmagine what there should be. But I will release a fix for that later this night.

O and you guys are missing some buildings there. Any other missing models (boxes) spotted ?