w00d

Submod: New Freeplay map v1.2 Released!

Let me preface this by saying you did an amazing job on this. I wanted to do a new freeplay map for awhile, but I'm way too lazy. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I feel like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth even posting this.

I ran into this issue today while playing. My ambulance got to the hospital. The EMTs got out with the stretcher and just sat there standing by the door. I sped the game up and they just sat there some more. I put them back in the ambulance, left the hospital and told it to go back. It went back and the same thing happened. They just stood there. I did that a few more times. I finally just stopped playing. They never went inside.

Then I had a cardiac arrest up by the campground. The ambulance gets there. There's a guy rocking out to a boom box, another one sitting by a campfire, but I'll be damned if anyone was having a heart attack. I searched for that patient for a good 5 minutes.

I don't know if I installed things wrong and they're isolated bugs, or if more people are experiencing these, too.

Thanks!

Witch version do you have? I just can't simulated you problem. I played yesterday for an hour or so and didn't see that problem. About the camp ground, plz make a screenshot, because there are so many civils out there that I don't know witch one is the problem.

Great looking map. Very reaslistic. Quick Question, am I able to change the call rate frequencies the same way or is it different?

Great looking map. Very reaslistic. Quick Question, am I able to change the call rate frequencies the same way or is it different?

Well you can change that in an xml file called freeplay.xml or freeplay_d.xml. It's somewhere in you mods\LA folder

small bug: looked at the train and saw that the textures on it is mirrored on the sides, so one side have "union pacific" right on 1 side but wrong on another, and the opposite with the train number :) i dont know who made the train but looking at the cars and containers i can see that it should be possible to fix that small bug :)

and btw, great thing with the 3rd bridge :)

I didn't made the trainmodel, I think hoppah did, because before lamod 1.7 the train was red and now it's yellow.

Ya know, I'm not one to usually step in on posts like this but wow....just wow....

He spends all of this time making this for us - at no cost, mind you - and you come in here and cry and moan like you paid him for this and have any right to make demands.

This was something he put a lot of time and effort into, has been taking his time on these boards helping us - again, at no cost to us - and you have the audacity to come in here and post something like that.

Really, do us all a favor and stop using the mods. Posts like this, spitting in the creators' faces, will convince them to stop doing any mods at all.

Thnxs for that respond.

But about that problem, more people are having it, witch version do you guys use?? Because it never happend to me, and I really don't have a clue what the problem is.

Guest Hanover Firefighter

I have actually had that problem as well with the fire engines staying in quarters for a minute after being sent. I downloaded the 1.1 version I believe. Otherwises I do not see too many problems.

Guest tjohnson139
Witch version do you have? I just can't simulated you problem. I played yesterday for an hour or so and didn't see that problem. About the camp ground, plz make a screenshot, because there are so many civils out there that I don't know witch one is the problem.

I'm using 911: First Responders

Guest Teh Hoff

Really like the layout of the new map... good job.

I do have a few bugs to report as well... I dont notice that alot of people are complaining about these, but some already have. When I spawn a unit from the Police Station, I have to spawn them to a road, then have to pretty much make them drive to each turn otherwise they will just sit there doing nothing. Same with FD, if I tell any of the fire units to go to the scene, they will just sit there. I even left all the units go for a while, walked away, and when i came back the entire block was burning and they were still just sitting there with the sirens on trying to get to the scene.

Also getting the hospital bug where the ambulance will not leave.

Hopefully we can figure out a way to fix these because this map will be amazing to play one bug free! Thanks again!

edit: Also, I am playing the 911 FR version 1.1 of the map

I'm using 911: First Responders

Wood,

This definitely seems to be an issue in the 911: first responders side of things. I had all the bugs as I mentioned before when playing 911:FR. I just finally received my copy of EM4:Deluxe and everything works as it should. I now see why you say everything worked for you.

Im not much for a modder so I couldn't even begin to figure out where the issue lies inside of 911: FR to cause all these glitches.

Really like the layout of the new map... good job.

I do have a few bugs to report as well... I dont notice that alot of people are complaining about these, but some already have. When I spawn a unit from the Police Station, I have to spawn them to a road, then have to pretty much make them drive to each turn otherwise they will just sit there doing nothing. Same with FD, if I tell any of the fire units to go to the scene, they will just sit there. I even left all the units go for a while, walked away, and when i came back the entire block was burning and they were still just sitting there with the sirens on trying to get to the scene.

Also getting the hospital bug where the ambulance will not leave.

Hopefully we can figure out a way to fix these because this map will be amazing to play one bug free! Thanks again!

edit: Also, I am playing the 911 FR version 1.1 of the map

I'm getting those exact same bugs as well. Those are really the only few bugs out of the entire map. Good job with the update, w00d. I'm loving the wrecks on the highway.

Well it seems that I need to obtain a version of 911/FR. The problem is in that version of em4. Maybe somebody can send me a log file after doing the follewing:

start 911/fr > load LAMOD > start a new endless freeplay (my map) > and only dispatch a verhicle from with you know that it haves a problem. So for example only dispatch 1 fire engine. Stop the game after that and upload the log file here. Maybe I can find something in there.

I will try to obtain 911/fr here in the netherlands

And another question, where these issue also in the 1.0 release of this map?

Guest JonnyREcco

Can someone help me with this

I try to download the map, i download the 1st and the 3rd one i click open instead of save then extract them to my em4 mod folder where it asks if i want to copy and replace which i click yes to for both of them then when ive done that with both of them i open my game then go to freeplay and I still have the old map

(ive read all the post before this to see if anyone said anything about it but i didn't find anything that could help me, i might have missed something and if i did im sorry :( )

(I have vista as well but it plays em4 fine )

Well it seems that I need to obtain a version of 911/FR. The problem is in that version of em4. Maybe somebody can send me a log file after doing the follewing:

start 911/fr > load LAMOD > start a new endless freeplay (my map) > and only dispatch a verhicle from with you know that it haves a problem. So for example only dispatch 1 fire engine. Stop the game after that and upload the log file here. Maybe I can find something in there.

I will try to obtain 911/fr here in the netherlands

And another question, where these issue also in the 1.0 release of this map?

Wood, Ill be glad to send my logfile. Can I send that via a PM? If not please PM me an email address and I will get it to you ASAP.

Guest VFVFCo.68

My fire trucks have a hard time getting out of firestation 1's parking lot and pathfinding, I have to keep clicking places first to get the firetruck to finally get it where I want it to go. It also crashes alot, don't get me wrong, I love the map, just a little buggy that's all. No trouble.

My fire trucks have a hard time getting out of firestation 1's parking lot and pathfinding, I have to keep clicking places first to get the firetruck to finally get it where I want it to go. It also crashes alot, don't get me wrong, I love the map, just a little buggy that's all. No trouble.

Same here, also when I try to leave to the main menu after I fail miserble it crashes. :gaehnen:

Guest VFVFCo.68
Same here, also when I try to leave to the main menu after I fail miserble it crashes. :gaehnen:

Mine crashes when I go to the main menu and try to start over as well. A well thought out mod but. a little work. Keep it up:D

Wood, Ill be glad to send my logfile. Can I send that via a PM? If not please PM me an email address and I will get it to you ASAP.

Here is one logfile. If you notice something and want me to test something specific please PM me. Ill be glad to help any way I can.

My main issues in this game were

Stretcher crew stuck at hospital

Criminals at Police department stuck in parking lot(they get out of car and stand there)

Police vehicles stop at edge of lot area when they are called out from the garage. If you pull them out onto the road they seem to respond fine from there.

Tom

Here is a second log file for you, Wood.

This game I got a fire off to the side of the freeway. First I tried sending both engines from station 1 at once. They both had the sirens and lights on but would not pull out of quarters. Then I tried just sending one engine and it did the same thing. I know the freeway is a bit of an issue so If you want anything more just let me know.

Tom

QUOTE (Hanover Firefighter @ Oct 23 2008, 12:21 AM) *

You can change the call rates,but as you are using vista,you have to change your settings on what you can and cant do,i did not realise by default vista does not let you change program file,so if you dont change the settings it wont let you change the call rate,there is another way,so PM me if you would like to change it,and i will give you decent instructions,save posting it here

Bugs i have

Great map btw,i noticed that when i had a fire in the bottm right,the houses near the river bridge,will get screenshot next time,that when the fire trucks get to the road leading upto the fire and get stuck,they just rock back and forth,in the end i had to empty fire truck and get firemen to run with hoses to connect to hydrant to put out fire,i would guess this is a pathway error,also alot of the time the vehicles travel on the wrong side of the road until they meet another vehicle then they go on the correct side,and i too have the crash to desktop when i hit main menu after i have finished,never had this before

im using UK EM4

Thnxs, PM is fine.

plz read a few posts up, it's allready know that 911/FR has some major problems with the map.

Also read the other post! Or even better > search ;)

Here is one logfile. If you notice something and want me to test something specific please PM me. Ill be glad to help any way I can.

My main issues in this game were

Stretcher crew stuck at hospital

Criminals at Police department stuck in parking lot(they get out of car and stand there)

Police vehicles stop at edge of lot area when they are called out from the garage. If you pull them out onto the road they seem to respond fine from there.

Tom

Thnxs!

Here is a second log file for you, Wood.

This game I got a fire off to the side of the freeway. First I tried sending both engines from station 1 at once. They both had the sirens and lights on but would not pull out of quarters. Then I tried just sending one engine and it did the same thing. I know the freeway is a bit of an issue so If you want anything more just let me know.

Tom

And also thnxs.

I really hope that I can fixe this, but I can't promise anything

The map is great w00d. Keep up the good work.

It's just that I found a bug. I don't know if anyone has posted this after the release of v1.1. but I'll give it a try. I still experience that police cars etc. drives on the sidewalk when they are responding to a scene. And sometimes they don't even find the road but tries to drive on the gras instead.

The map is great w00d. Keep up the good work.

It's just that I found a bug. I don't know if anyone has posted this after the release of v1.1. but I'll give it a try. I still experience that police cars etc. drives on the sidewalk when they are responding to a scene. And sometimes they don't even find the road but tries to drive on the gras instead.

Witch version of em4? 911/FR maybe? Otherwise I need more details.

I think you are going to have to add a bridge in the bottom middle of the map. Every unit has a major problem getting to scene calls on that lower road and once they are confused, they just stop.

I quote myself:

I am thinking about adding a 3e bridge for over the little river. It will be located south of the FS2 and then left of the church (If you look from the villa's). The idea/problem behind it is that the vehicles are still to stupid when they need to go to the villa's, or if you send a police car to the church for example.

Not to mention the trucks for FS1 that want to go trough the shopping area over the river..

So a 3e bridge might be the solution. Allright it is not that easily add in, but it is possible. Screenshots of it will follow soon.

Should I say more?

i've noticed that with this new map in freeplay, i can only do 3 calls before the game crashes and shuts down. i know emergency 4 likes to crash and shut down, but the map does seem to speed up the process for me