w00d

Submod: New Freeplay map v1.2 Released!

Just played the new Deluxe map - great job!!

The one thing I now will take into account when playing however is never to redirect traffic in your map. The freeway really messes things up because most of the traffic originates from the freeway, so if you redirect it they will try and drive back down the one way off ramp causing a massive traffic backlog. The other cause of traffic redirection chaos is the construction zones - traffic will try and drive back through and inevitably mess it all up.

Fire trucks from Station 1 trying to cross the river where there are no bridges is also a problem. Trucks from Station 2 also try and find interesting ways to reach the top of the map.

Other than these, its a great change that I will enjoy playing.

Ok,I have two questions.Why isn't my new freeplay map, that i downloaded not like everybody elses!!!! and no offence ( the person who made this "submod" ), the way that the hospital and police station is place well is quite well not good? and the way my map is, that everything is like a neutral disaister!!!!!!!!!!!!!p.s, srry for bad grammar and english i fail in english :WTF:

Guest lord_bonev
Ok,I have two questions.Why isn't my new freeplay map, that i downloaded not like everybody elses!!!! and no offence ( the person who made this "submod" ), the way that the hospital and police station is place well is quite well not good? and the way my map is, that everything is like a neutral disaister!!!!!!!!!!!!!p.s, srry for bad grammar and english i fail in english :WTF:

He still working, this is not coplete. He study and working to make looks good :1046276313_Up_to_something:

Ok big anwser list coming up.

Sure, but, I found not working traffic lights here:

And here are the boxes:

Thnxs for the screens, reality needed them.

Another problem (not really a bug):

Theres no stair to the BelleAir airplane at the airport, but the door is open (standard thing i guess) so you cant get into the airplane to fight a fire (have that problem now) and if you get a criminal man in there (dont know if that would happen on your map) then you cant do anything, so it would be nice if you could find some stairs for the plane :)

Why did I never had them event.. :( I wanteded for solong!! .. but to the point, a arial should work, but I will also at a stair.

There should also be people inside, so hartattack and criminal is possible

I just played your map in the Deluxe Freeplay mode and it's verry nice, well done :)

Some bugs I have found:

- After 30 minutes of playing I didn't receive any new emegergency calls.

- "Drowning person" was actually "swimming" inside a street, see screenshot.

em4mapjt9.th.jpgthpix.gif

Don't getting anymore events is a know problem, but I really don't have any idea how to fix that a the moment

And thnxs for the screen of the swimming person

Just played the new Deluxe map - great job!!

The one thing I now will take into account when playing however is never to redirect traffic in your map. The freeway really messes things up because most of the traffic originates from the freeway, so if you redirect it they will try and drive back down the one way off ramp causing a massive traffic backlog. The other cause of traffic redirection chaos is the construction zones - traffic will try and drive back through and inevitably mess it all up.

Fire trucks from Station 1 trying to cross the river where there are no bridges is also a problem. Trucks from Station 2 also try and find interesting ways to reach the top of the map.

Other than these, its a great change that I will enjoy playing.

Redirecting traffic is a know bug > see start post. (and is fixed in 1.1)

The river will cause some problems sometimes, also a problem that I don't know how to fix for now. The Firestation will be placed at the other side of the trainstation.

If you don't like it, or you want the hostital and police station somewhere else: MAKE YOUR OWN MAP!! I placed them there and they will stay there. And the other problem, read / search the topic. It is anwserd for 5 times now.

You have to move it to the emergency folder, and then mods. Move the unzipped file there and overwrite the older one. This should work :)

But you need to download both maps for it to work. Normal map and deluxe map in this topic.

Guest blablaman
If you don't like it, or you want the hostital and police station somewhere else: MAKE YOUR OWN MAP!! I placed them there and they will stay there. And the other problem, read / search the topic. It is anwserd for 5 times now.

Is hier or somewhere else a tutorial about making a map?? and minimap?

so yes will somebody put the link hier plz.

greets and thanks

submodbannerfm7.png

I have been working on a new freeplay map for a while. It is based on the campaign map, but with new accidents and the firestations, police and hostital from the LAMOD. I also changed the map on a few points.

--------------------------------

Download New Freeplay Map version 1.0

You need to download both files at the moment! I will fix this later this week!

Rapidshare Mirror: New Deluxe Freeplay Map

Mirror: New Deluxe Freeplay Map

-------------------

Rapidshare Mirror: New Freeplay Map

Mirror: New Freeplay Map

Hey need help,

I have 911 FR and I want to installl this map. I download the map open with winzip and then extract it to which exact folder and overwrite what. I tried it and clicked freeplay. It loaded really fast, I heard the music from the game but the screen was still black. Then after 3 seconds I closes the game. I tried this three times. I know your probably going to get hounded with this with all the problems people have. Also what files do I download. Love the city building, but the poilce station should be more towards the middle or you sould add a substation on the other side where 3 cars/trucks could park but you couldnt spawn units here only at the PD Headquarters. Hope you can help me because once this map gets fixed and the are no more bugs, I know it will be great. Thanks bro. Keep up the good work.

Mike

It replaces the current freeplay map!

Installation Instructions:

1. Download and unpack the .zip file

2. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to you Emergency 4/Mods folder.

3. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong)

Witch version do I need?

If you have EM4 deluxe then you need 'New deluxe freeplay map 1.0' otherwise the other one.

-----------------------------------------------------

What is new in the map?

- new accidents, 23 in total (new and old together), also on the highway

- 2 roadwork places, one managed with trafficlights

- 2 lanes traffic on the highway

- new harbor

- Citywork (where rollback, crane, and engineer spawn and USCG chopper can land manually)

- camp ground

- many bom sites

- boulevard with hotel and little market

Know Issues (bugs?)

1 Sometimes emergency verhicles have some difficulties with the highway.

2 The map crash sometimes, and why i don't have any idea ( yet )

3 The emergency vehicles have a bit of trouble finding their way out of the camping site in the top north of the map.

Fixed in version 1.1 (added streetpaths and noverhicle area)

4 Some heart attacks etc. get spawned underneath tents etc. in the same area.

Fixed in version 1.1 (people are out of the tent now)

5 Traffic gets stuck at the freeway after for example a vehicle fire, and the following police redirection. It refuses to move what so ever.

won't fix at the moment (You reallife you can't turnaround on the highway. Try it ;)

6 There's a few Missing Model File-boxes here and there, at the gate of the military base for instance.

Maybe the problem with normal version ( map is maded based on deluxe.. )

7 The game suddenly crashed abruptly and without any error message, but this only happened once. So I guess it isn't too bad.

Well that might happen more. As I allready sad, I will crash sometimes, and I don't know why at the moment. sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 2 hourse.

8 Ambulance doesn't park in the right spot under the entrance..

Fixed in version 1.1

9 People are sitting on nothing at the camp side

Fixed in version 1.1

10 suicide attempt drowning bug. Still need a screenshot of that one.

11 Models missing at the military camp

12 Models missing at harbor and palace

12 No stair at airplane with opendoor

Arial should work, don't know if ladder is possible to use

14 Drowning person at harbor is in the sidewalk

15 Route to villa's for station 1

To do list

- more accidents..

- adding some boats to the harbor > done (version 1.1)

- fix bugs!! :P

****NEWS UPDATE****

Ok there will be a release to night. THERE WILL BE NO SUPPORT UNTIL THURSDAY NIGHT! so if you find any bugs or problems then plz wait untill Thursday with reporting..

****NEWS UPDATE****

I am allowed to release the map, under the conditions that I give support if necessary ( for bugs and other stuff ). Because I don't have the time for that this week, am I forced to release the map on Thursday NightMonday Night. For question about the map you can come ONLY to me, don't bother Hoppah with questions about the map. ( He is busy enough with LAMOD ;) )

I will update the start post with news about the map.

Pictures say more then words, so here are some screenshots: ( the red markers are new city parts, accidents, emergency buildings, and other things thats are new. )

mapoverview1zn8.png

mapoverview2mv4.png

mapoverview3cy8.png

mapoverview4af8.png

Hey Wood, in your next version, you might want to look at the patrol paths you mapped out. I looked at them on the editor after I noticed that my PD units were getting blocked while turning corners. All of this because the patrol paths were too wide. So, in your next version should you decide to update it, look into narrowing them.

Also, some of the waiting positions are misplaced (i.e the two that are inside the police station) The problem with this is that if a person spawns there and has a heart attack, my paramedic can reach him, but the EMTs won't. Then I have the problem of the medic not being able to leave the building. Sorry to be so critical and I'm sure these have been brought up. I skimmed through before posting, so if these issues were brought up before, I just didn't see them. I like the map over all and think you did a damn good job with it.

Great job on the new maps. I have noticed the same bugs already posted by everyone else. Other than the bugs already reported, I've had no problems. Keep up your good work. :)

Wood,

This new map is great. The only big issue i have noticed that I don't think has been mentioned is in the large square all the units try to take shortcuts thru it to get to certain incidents but they get stuck by the birds walking around. the area is visible in this screenshot that i think you took. It is on the left edge of the picture in just about the center, its the brick area in between the six buildings. Hope this description is good enough.

mapoverview3cy8.png

u are mean to a little kid shut up!!
u are mean to a little kid and i am srry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok big anwser list coming up.

Thnxs for the screens, reality needed them.

Why did I never had them event.. :( I wanteded for solong!! .. but to the point, a arial should work, but I will also at a stair.

There should also be people inside, so hartattack and criminal is possible

Don't getting anymore events is a know problem, but I really don't have any idea how to fix that a the moment

And thnxs for the screen of the swimming person

Redirecting traffic is a know bug > see start post. (and is fixed in 1.1)

The river will cause some problems sometimes, also a problem that I don't know how to fix for now. The Firestation will be placed at the other side of the trainstation.

dam!!!!!!!! i will and

Edited by ANTONIO

Guest [SAP]Francis
u are mean to a little kid shut up!!
u are mean to a little kid and i am srry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dam!!!!!!!! i will and

You seriously deserve a ban, kid.

Please tell me your going to do something about the way pointing for patrol and traffic vehicles, I normally find them stopped at railroads (When there isn't even a train coming!) , I find them causing traffic jams near the fire department or somewhere in between the part of the city where there's stones for a road.

I noticed the problem with the square to, I will fix it in 1.1.

And about the patrol paths, indeed it's a problem and I will also look at it just as the spawnpoints.

The map is great. Keep ut the good work :D

Just that I found some bugs. At the roadwork at the side of the intersection (not the one on it), when there is a call from a injured person the emergency units can get into the person but not out. You have to get a firefighter to move the wheelbarrow.

The redirecting bug... when you redirect someone on the highway they turn around but they drive on the wrong side. And they end up stuck at the roadwork on the intersection. There is also a lot of other places around the map.

PS: I will try to get a screenshot later.

The map is great. Keep ut the good work :D

Just that I found some bugs. At the roadwork at the side of the intersection (not the one on it), when there is a call from a injured person the emergency units can get into the person but not out. You have to get a firefighter to move the wheelbarrow.

The redirecting bug... when you redirect someone on the highway they turn around but they drive on the wrong side. And they end up stuck at the roadwork on the intersection. There is also a lot of other places around the map.

PS: I will try to get a screenshot later.

The redirection bug is allready fixed in 1.1. But the other one.. I am not sure if I know what you mean. A screenshot would be very nice for that one. Hope you can send me one within 2 or 3 houre, because then I have some time to fix somebugs..