Kajanpb

Winterberg Mod

I'm not kidding.

I was playing it in suddently the Engine runs out of water :P

I asked on the germand forum how to get water and this was the reaction:

get your 'gruppenfuhrer'(firefighter with orange shirt). Then select the 'red/white' icon. Then hydrants and fireengines should flash blue. Click a hydrant. and then a firefighter will connect your engine with a hydrant

with this method you can also connect a 2nd enige with the first engine if you are out of hydrants ;)

Ugh, Still can't find an external link for the updater.. >_<

Still refusing to make a forum account..

You know, the more I wait for an updater, the more I put my Wintersburg English videos on hold.. just saying help me help you guys..

Ok, look, if you want to update Winterberg, you have to make an account, plain and simple. If you don't, you wont be able to update your version.

EDIT: BTW, what is the latest version of Wnterberg, my updater says there is a new version, but it won't install it.

Edited by erfd
Added quote of the article he's replying to

Do you know where I can get the translation, or do I just go to the language file and change it to english?

- Jon

You could also read the post on this thread.

Post with instructions for english transation of winterberg mod.

Does anyone have a translated manual? I just got started with this mod, and I'm both impressed and confused. I can't really make out what to do at different incidents yet, like in a big fire.

Most of the time my personell just hangs around waiting for me to command... :P

Even so, I think it's a mod worth the time to get used to. I just really wish there was an all-english version...

EDIT: Managed my first fire today! :)

But I have discovered my main problem; half the time I don't know what units to dispatch. In LA-Mod I would always know, because the names are fitting and I have experience with them.

For example, an ambulance is called something like 12-78-1 (random numbers, but you get the point). Is it supposed to be like this? Someone have names, and someone are called rd123 etc.

Is there any good rule of thumb for what units to use where? Anyone got some tutorial on this mod that I can understand? That is, in english...

In that post you link to there site. The link on there site in the second post is dead.

Nope it links to change log which tells you how to get the english translation.