Kajanpb

Winterberg Mod

Try reading this thread. THe answer to your question is in this thread. As I have said twice now.

Oh please, the guy obviously can't find the link. It took me exactly 15 seconds to find the link and paste it here. Was that too much to ask:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&p=69650

Oh please, the guy obviously can't find the link. It took me exactly 15 seconds to find the link and paste it here. Was that too much to ask:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&p=69650

Is it to much to ask that people use the search function or read the forum to find the information they are looking for?

Like you said it took you 15 seconds to find the answer.

Guest chevyrulzs2010
I told them so, too. But as they are a project officially acknowledged by 16tons, they don't want to use somehow pirated files.

I don't agree on that, but that's the last statement. But try it on their forums yourself :)

How the heck did they get acknowledged by 16tons? Hoppah didnt. Thats just weird

Well mainly because Winterberg is German and LAMod aint. Adding to that, Hoppah doesnt add so much crap to/about his mod so that its "unplayable rubbish". (what i mean is they add so much 'advanced' game type scripts and stuff 16T just couldnt keep their eyes off of them.) i wish EFR got recognized by 16T :(

I believe the reason is because the mod is use to raise money for a childern hopsital, I believe in germany. However the mod are not allowed to be sold. Since they modders are in germany as is Sixteen ton. They contact the company and got permsion to raise donations for the hospital with the mod.

In the winterberg intensive care. Where a patient goes critical. How do you deal with taht. I send the trauma team. But when they remove the person, the blood is still flowing by the bed and it says that the mission is 'incomplete'. I hope you understand what I am trying to say :)

When they the trauma team moves them to the other bed, select the bed press the button that calls the surgical team. The bed will move and when the surgical team arrives, have them treat the patient. Then, you will need to elect the bed again hold down the right control button If I remember correctly, and click the button that called the surgical team. The bed will move back to the original spot, then call the trauma team again, and have the doctor look at him again and dismiss the team. One of the orderlies should carry him back to his bed in the intensive care ward.

Just checking here, but i see the buildings and the control panels on them, but when i click them there just a box, no controls, so I havent really been able to figure out how to dispatch vehicles other then using the group buttons. Are the controls supposed to have commands on them?

The learning curve for a non-German speaking player is very steep.

Checking their forums can help a lot as they try to answer all the questions they get.

Also personally I found it useful to study up on German firefighting and terminology related to it. It really helped.

Guest dkmaisto

I downloaded the mod a couple of days ago, and it's actually not going too bad.

I've worked out most of functions, but at some fires, I can't clear out the smoke, no matter what I do.

I have tried setting up the fan at the doorway, but it makes no difference.

I have looked all over but is there a english translation to this mod
At the moment no :(

em4fan

Yes there is an English translation for the mod. If you use the webupdater you will recieve a English, French and Italian translation. They're not fully complete but they do translate a lot of the game so that is still playable. You can find the translations in the language folder of the winterberg mod. By editing the metastrings.xml file you can select the language for your version. Change all 'de' terms to 'en' (without ' ') and save the file.

Guest em4fan
Yes there is an English translation for the mod. If you use the webupdater you will recieve a English, French and Italian translation. They're not fully complete but they do translate a lot of the game so that is still playable. You can find the translations in the language folder of the winterberg mod. By editing the metastrings.xml file you can select the language for your version. Change all 'de' terms to 'en' (without ' ') and save the file.

In that case, apologize for the above. :sorrysign:

em4fan

Guest em4fan

I have a question about english language, so I download and install all updates from WinterbergUpdater (automatically of course), and in Lang folder I have 3 folders, etc. If I want en lang I must enter in en folder and open what? Sorry for my English

em4fan

I have a question about english language, so I download and install all updates from WinterbergUpdater (automatically of course), and in Lang folder I have 3 folders, etc. If I want en lang I must enter in en folder and open what? Sorry for my English

em4fan

You don't need to open any files in the Lang folder. You need to go to the Specs folder and open the metastrings.xml file with notepad/wordpad/word whatever. Then you see all lines of text like this:

<file name="mod:Lang/de/infotexts.xml" />

Change the de part to en for all of the lines of text like so:

<file name="mod:Lang/en/infotexts.xml" />

Save the file and exit. Most of the Winterberg mod will now be in English.

[EDIT] in the newest version of Winterberg it is even much easier. In the Specs folder there is a file called metastrings.en, If you change the name of that file to metastrings.xml. And click yes if you are asked to overwrite files all of the lines will be changed automaticly.[/EDIT]