Jump to content
Xplorer4x4

Emergency 2023

Recommended Posts

I remember, I think it was last year on this forum someone mentioned that Sixteen Tons were looking for people to hire. If this is what they were hiring for than I would be pretty disappointed. I just hope it's not a copy of Emergency HQ. At least it's F2P so at least I don't have to spend money if it turns out to be bad.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't play any EMHQ because it well...it was boring. I've heard tho that the screenshots are blatantly reusing EMHQ assets. All I can say is ":("

I seriously wanted EM6 to be better. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a lot of very negative things to say about the new game. I won't say them here.

In fact I feel like im grieving the loss of a series that I love.

I won't be so damn negative though; there is some silver lining. One that, it might funnel more casual users, who could potentially have modding talent, into Em4/5

Another one is that 16T is starting to re-establish communications with the community. We as a community could push for the "opening" of Em2012/13 to modding, so that we can have 90% of Em4 as a game but with updated graphics.

We will see what the future holds.

At least we still have the current titles.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2023 at 6:21 PM, CanadianFrog said:

I didn't play any EMHQ because it well...it was boring. I've heard tho that the screenshots are blatantly reusing EMHQ assets. All I can say is ":("

I seriously wanted EM6 to be better. 

I feel that too. I played EMHQ and never returned to that game. Never been much of a fan of mobile games (unless I was on the road obviously). At least there's another Emergency game coming out at some point. Yay..? I just hope they don't end up like every other game this past year. Rushed, unfinished, and broken. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 5/4/2023 at 11:40 PM, LT_Shadow said:

I feel that too. I played EMHQ and never returned to that game. Never been much of a fan of mobile games (unless I was on the road obviously). At least there's another Emergency game coming out at some point. Yay..? I just hope they don't end up like every other game this past year. Rushed, unfinished, and broken. 

I still remember the Emergency 2 port they put on phones way back in the day. Now THAT was an emergency game worth playing on the road.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, CanadianFrog said:

 

I still remember the Emergency 2 port they put on phones way back in the day. Now THAT was an emergency game worth playing on the road.

That was emergency 2? I still play it every now now and then!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who's still playing EMHQ, it's fine as it is. It's not the best mobile game you can play out there, but I get what do you mean.

My only complain about it is the optimization. I  have Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and I'm afraid of actually playing with higher fps setting than 30. I've heard too many stories about Xiaomi devices exploding due to overheating.

On 5/6/2023 at 1:43 PM, CanadianFrog said:

 

I still remember the Emergency 2 port they put on phones way back in the day. Now THAT was an emergency game worth playing on the road.

EMERGENCY mobile? Before swapping phones in 2020 and 2021 I was revisiting it every 2 months. I kinda wish it would still recieve attention from the devs.

Yes, I'm kinda late to the franchise, as I found it randomly in 2015.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2023 at 4:43 AM, CanadianFrog said:

 

I still remember the Emergency 2 port they put on phones way back in the day. Now THAT was an emergency game worth playing on the road.

Mmm. I remember playing that game on my tablet. Was fun and challenging at the same time. Even played it on my DS a few times. Good times and frustrating times cause I was younger and more stupid at that time lol. But looking back at it. Still fun to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ahhhhhh maybe community should start something and don't wait for 16T. 

Worldwide unique big cenarios 16/20Km^2 

Real knowledge on Emergency Services 

Realistic operations challenging issues

Simulation and fun

Very well picked apparatus and equipment

Highly focused on community and modding

State of the art mentality

Appropriate for all ages, but still challenging

Cenarios with in map stations

Realistic vehicles driving

Retro, modern and future in one simulator

 

Is someone else understanding what we have been loosing. Waiting for the new GTA 6 😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2023 at 2:13 AM, LT_Shadow said:

Mmm. I remember playing that game on my tablet. Was fun and challenging at the same time. Even played it on my DS a few times. Good times and frustrating times cause I was younger and more stupid at that time lol. But looking back at it. Still fun to play.

At the risk of getting too off topic - I'm so happy someone else remembers Emergency on the DS. Everyone I speak to swears it doesn't exist, even though I know I'm not crazy cuz I still got the cartridge! Honestly it was a super good game - original missions in it's own right and not really a full port. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, CanadianFrog said:

At the risk of getting too off topic - I'm so happy someone else remembers Emergency on the DS. Everyone I speak to swears it doesn't exist, even though I know I'm not crazy cuz I still got the cartridge! Honestly it was a super good game - original missions in it's own right and not really a full port. 

Most of the missions were actually taken from Emergency 2, or at least scaled down from that game. Still Emergency DS and the older Emergency Android/iPad game were actually really good! The older mobile game was an extension of the Emergency DS game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2023 at 2:21 AM, CanadianFrog said:

I didn't play any EMHQ because it well...it was boring. I've heard tho that the screenshots are blatantly reusing EMHQ assets. All I can say is ":("

I seriously wanted EM6 to be better. 

Me tooooo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2023 at 11:52 PM, itchboy said:

I have a lot of very negative things to say about the new game. I won't say them here.

In fact I feel like im grieving the loss of a series that I love.

I won't be so damn negative though; there is some silver lining. One that, it might funnel more casual users, who could potentially have modding talent, into Em4/5

Another one is that 16T is starting to re-establish communications with the community. We as a community could push for the "opening" of Em2012/13 to modding, so that we can have 90% of Em4 as a game but with updated graphics.

We will see what the future holds.

At least we still have the current titles.

How so has 16T re-established communications with the community? 

 

This new game looks like a huge money grab, buying upgrades and skins for your units with real life money. It seems like they are selling out to a way where they can receive the greatest amount of profit. with that being said we will most likley not see another new title for the emergency series for the next couple years as they will be focused with this new FTP game and the life cycle that goes along with this new title. That makes me ask the question what's next for the series after this new game is released? Will they continue to create FTP games if this new game has a good reception with with the community? or if this game fails will we see a return to what 16T states on their website as a return to the "classic series"? 

Is it in the communities best interest to have EM12/13/14 edited to support mods which seems like an unlikely thing they would do now as EM12/13/14 is around 10 years old depending on the version. I think at this point what would be able to unify the community more would be either a full on remaster or complete remake of EM4/911FR. I for one will not be playing this new title once it releases. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Tprosser56 said:

How so has 16T re-established communications with the community? 

Apparently they're on Steam and on the German forums communicating with playtesters and interested people.

The rest of your post is similar to what I feel about the game, now that we've had a few months to process what's here.

I don't like it, I'm not touching it and I'm sticking to my current projects. Long live...low poly modding.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the fact that we haven't had a real, fully new emergency game since what? 2014? the difference between em5 and em20 is just more campaigns and 1 or 2 new freeplay missions. There hasn't even been ANY game from sixteen tons since 2018. I don't get how sixteen tons hasn't made a better game since 2006 and depending on your opinion, 2014. At this point I would not be surprised if valve made portal 3, half life 3 and team fortress 3 by the time an actual game is released by 16T. A couple of years ago people on this forum, people pointed out job openings at 16T and rumors of a new emergency game being developed. If THIS was the game they were hiring those people to do, then I don't know when we will ever get a fully new game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2023 at 12:46 AM, NoYes said:

This game wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the fact that we haven't had a real, fully new emergency game since what? 2014? the difference between em5 and em20 is just more campaigns and 1 or 2 new freeplay missions. There hasn't even been ANY game from sixteen tons since 2018. I don't get how sixteen tons hasn't made a better game since 2006 and depending on your opinion, 2014. At this point I would not be surprised if valve made portal 3, half life 3 and team fortress 3 by the time an actual game is released by 16T. A couple of years ago people on this forum, people pointed out job openings at 16T and rumors of a new emergency game being developed. If THIS was the game they were hiring those people to do, then I don't know when we will ever get a fully new game.

The problem now is that Sixteen Tons is owned by a publisher whose only real interest in the company is the potential for profit, something that is the downfall of most small game studios. Why spend a bunch of money making something great when you can make something okay that returns a huge profit? Though our community here keeps the game alive some 17 years after its release, our opinion matters much less in the eyes of the developer than that of the people who will casually play whatever free-to-play EMHQ style game they release next. EMHQ was released in 2008 and is still running strong today. It is clearly a revenue generator, and Phoenix Games (who bought 16T in 2020) is only concerned with continuing to improve the cash flow coming out of the game. 

Because I have no life, I went digging around while reading this thread and stumbled upon a case study on Phoenix Games' website and reads like so: 

Quote

Phoenix Games identified EMERGENCY HQ as an evergreen title with huge potential for growth, acquiring the studio in January 2020.

Following the implementation of a tailored plan of operational uplifts, Sixteen Tons Entertainment saw a 42% increase YoY in revenue for EMERGENCY HQ in 2020, alongside a more than 125% YoY increase in game contribution. Sixteen Tons Entertainment is using some of the additional profits from its work with Phoenix Games to develop even more free to play games in the EMERGENCY universe and to ramp up their live ops capabilities for existing and future games. (Sixteen Tons Entertainment - Phoenix Games - Founders Unleashed)

So, to kinda come back and non-rhetorically answer your question (and this is really just my two cents)...

Sixteen Tons hasn't made a better game since 2006/2014 because they haven't needed to. Unfortunately, they'll most likely be swept up in the "free to play/gacha game that makes tons in microtransactions" hysteria and devote all of their development time to this premise, and you can't even say that they were forced into it by the publisher because the CEO of 16T himself is on board with it. I don't like to be a pessimist, however.. I'd say this will be 16T's business practice until they get acquired by another studio, or go under.

Who knows, when the game releases it may not be that bad. However... I've seen a lot of studios sacrifice their passionate fanbase in exchange for easy money, so I'm on the fence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Sangmi said:

The problem now is that Sixteen Tons is owned by a publisher whose only real interest in the company is the potential for profit, something that is the downfall of most small game studios. Why spend a bunch of money making something great when you can make something okay that returns a huge profit? Though our community here keeps the game alive some 17 years after its release, our opinion matters much less in the eyes of the developer than that of the people who will casually play whatever free-to-play EMHQ style game they release next. EMHQ was released in 2008 and is still running strong today. It is clearly a revenue generator, and Phoenix Games (who bought 16T in 2020) is only concerned with continuing to improve the cash flow coming out of the game. 

Because I have no life, I went digging around while reading this thread and stumbled upon a case study on Phoenix Games' website and reads like so: 

So, to kinda come back and non-rhetorically answer your question (and this is really just my two cents)...

Sixteen Tons hasn't made a better game since 2006/2014 because they haven't needed to. Unfortunately, they'll most likely be swept up in the "free to play/gacha game that makes tons in microtransactions" hysteria and devote all of their development time to this premise, and you can't even say that they were forced into it by the publisher because the CEO of 16T himself is on board with it. I don't like to be a pessimist, however.. I'd say this will be 16T's business practice until they get acquired by another studio, or go under.

Who knows, when the game releases it may not be that bad. However... I've seen a lot of studios sacrifice their passionate fanbase in exchange for easy money, so I'm on the fence. 

Very interesting find, I had no clue the studio was bought out in 2020. With the case study that Phoenix Games has listed on their website as well as what you quoted from the case study, it looks to me that the beloved series that we know of is most likely dead. I feel this might be more of the case because when doing additional research on Phoenix and the game studios they currently own it seems that all of the studios owned are primarily producing free-to-play titles that are exclusive to IOS and Android devices. There was only one game made from sister studio Wellplayed Games that has a game that is for Xbox, PS4, Switch, PC . besides this title the only other game(s) that Phoenix has under all of their game studios is 16T with all of the Emergency titles that are available on either Steam or the Mac App Store. Thus after doing this research it makes me believe that in my opinion that they seem more primarily focused as an organization with creating games for mobile devices. Phoenix Also states on their website that,

Quote

"We are driven by a single purpose, to help entrepreneurs unleash their true potential. We release the untapped value of our acquired studios, changing their economics from day one to vastly improve the profitability of their output."

Phoenix Games

 

This just added more fuel to the fire that building games that have the features that the community want will be outweighed by the leaders and administration at Phoenix Games to please their investors. I don't like to have such a negative outlook on everything but it seems more likley than not the "Classic Series" of Emergency might be dead in the water. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...