Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

More news!

I have changed the skin of Mass Casualty Unit. It has the same colors as the Mobile Field Hospital now.

Because trailers are too buggy I kept the model I already had, so it's just a reskin to add a bit more realism. Picture:

mcuww3.th.jpg

Photo's of the Mobile Field Hospital: click and click

And I have changed the skin of the coroners. Picture:

coronersde7.th.jpg

Photo: click

The changed EMS (Emergency Medical Service) system:

Mikesphotos already revealed there will be a big change in the EMS system in my mod. Here is the full info:

The firefighters in the Los Angeles mod have been splitted up into 2 different qualifications.

The FF/EMT can stabilize and the FF/PM can heal persons.

Both kind of firefighters can use all equipment and both firefighters can use SCBA gear or a stretcher.

Besides the two qualifications, I have added an EMS Paramedic Captain. He can heal and call for additional vehicles.

Because the FF/EMT's have a basic medical training you will usually find them on fire apparatus like the fire engine's.

The FF/PM's can be found on the ambulances or as extra crew on the engine's and trucks.

Because the FF/PM's can heal they are part of the EMS group (or Ambulance group = white dots on minimap) and the FF/EMT's are part of the Fire Department group.

You can easily recognize the paramedics on the EMS logo in their unit picture.

What are the differences compared to previous versions of the Los Angeles Mod?

Besides some name changes, the FF/PM's have more similar clothing to the normal firefighters like in the previous versions.

They have a helmet and wear a yellow jacket now. All FF/PM's have the ability to use all equipment and they can get the SCBA gear.

The FF/EMT's have the abilty to get a stretcher now.

Because it is not possible to change person models, the firefighters with stretcher still wear navy blue pants and shirt.

The EMT bag which was carried by the paramedic is standard equipment of the FF/PM and can be dropped and get from vehicles now.

FF/PM's without the bag can still heal persons, but the EMT bag offers a small bonus to the healing process and is necessary to defibrillate persons.

Because there are 4 new person models and name and skin changes I have added a picture which summarizes the above text:

firemenbg1.th.jpg

EMT = Emergency Medical Technician

PM = Paramedic

FF = Firefighter

The last part of this newpost is a small preview of the manual (for v1.7) I'm working on:

manualpreviewby1.th.jpg

Hoppah

Hoppah, that is just incredible. The EMS system you created is just about spot-on realistic. One question, though. Are there going to be BLS ambulances and als ambulances?

Again, you do some great work. I can't wait until 1.7 comes out.

Yes, that's a small change I forgot to post.

The red ambulance will be the ALS Ambulance

The red/white one will be the BLS Ambulance

ALS = Advanced Life Support

BLS = Basic Life Support

The ALS ambulance will transport FF/PM's

The BLS ambulance will transport FF/EMT's

Hoppah. :)

I take it the BLS ambulance is the basic ambulance? Though I watched LAPD Life on the Beat and I saw a basic ambulance respond to a shooting where somone had been shot 3 times in the chest area (he still survived). A fire engine did respond though.

I like the idea of this EMS system change. It means I don't have to have 4 FFs and 2 EMTS on each of my engines so it is music to my ears.

Looking forward to V1.7, great work so far Hoppah!

Regards

James

Hoppah, that is just incredible. The EMS system you created is just about spot-on realistic. One question, though. Are there going to be BLS ambulances and als ambulances?

Again, you do some great work. I can't wait until 1.7 comes out.

Hoppah, amazing work, I've been wanting somthing like this for a really long time. thank you, thank you, thank you.:1046275747_biggthumpup:

Not exactly,

There are 4 ambulances.

The red/white ambulance is BLS

The red ambulance is ALS

The LAX ambulance is ALS

The van ambulance is ALS (renamed to Vintage ambulance in 1.7)

More information:

Fire station 1 has two ALS ambulances as asual.

Fire station 2 has one BLS ambulance.

Default crew of fire engine 1 is 2 FF/EMT's and 2 FF/PM's. :)

I take it the BLS ambulance is the basic ambulance? Though I watched LAPD Life on the Beat and I saw a basic ambulance respond to a shooting where somone had been shot 3 times in the chest area (he still survived). A fire engine did respond though.

I like the idea of this EMS system change. It means I don't have to have 4 FFs and 2 EMTS on each of my engines so it is music to my ears.

Looking forward to V1.7, great work so far Hoppah!

Regards

James

Remember that LAPD: Life On the Beat was filmed between 1995 an 1999 before the LAFD switched to the new all red color scheme. LAFD has always had both ALS and BLS ambulances that are denoted not by color but by number. Paramedic RA's will have the station number or a 2 in front of the station number, for example RA 88 (FS88), RA209 (FS9 along with RA9), RA102 (FS102). A BLS RA will have an 8 or a 9 in front of the station number, for example RA 888 (FS88), RA909 (FS 109) and are referred to as "800's" or BLS RA usually.

Because of the recent purchases of ambulances, 35 this last budget alone, many of the older white colored rigs either stayed or got handed down to the 800's, though even today you'll find some white box's being used by paramedics when they need a reserve for whatever reason.

In the game, for easy visualization of units, we've decided to go with White = BLS, Red = ALS. In the show though, you'd have to have paid attention to the number on the ambulance to have known if it was ALS or BLS.

Mike

Guest St.JohnAmbulance

Btw, if there's a BLS and ALS ambulances.. Will there any diffrent effect if attend any cases? Or still the same?

Sorry for my bad english.. T_T

Edited by MikesPhotos
TOS violating question removed.

Guest Stukov

Great stuff, definitely a welcome change. And as to the BLS responding to an ALS call, I know that in my area at least, an ALS call will still get the closest EMS unit regardless of whether its BLS or ALS. If it ALS, great. If its BLS, an additional ALS unit is dispatched. Its better to have an EMT there than nothing, right?

And as to St. Johns question, I would think yes. As stated, the BLS is staffed by FF/EMTs, so they can only stabilize or transport a patient. That means no defib for those patients who are 'dead'. And correct me if I'm wrong, but stabilizing only prevents the patients condition from deteriorating, right? If so, having a nearly dead patient stabilized isn't enough. You'd need an ALS unit there too.

Please forgive me if I'm wrong in any of my assumptions :P

Lol at Mike.

EDIT: Oh and I told everyone about the dropping/getting emergency bag thing. Also it would be nice to have the ability to make paramedics take off turn out gear with a small boost to speed or healing. Take it off on way to hospital. Also another thing, I think it is silly that you can heal a casualty simply by having a doctor there, but in an ambulance they are only stabilized. Oh and another thing, can you make it so that all the prices are realistic? Like 500,000 for a fire engine and such? Maybe a daily pay for personal.

Guest andrewonice

I like the EMS captain, will it have its own vehicle? Also the directional lights will be a nice touch on the Bat. Chief's vehicle and it can hold two people now?

As mentioned, I think it would be a great idea to edit the budget. As Zallomallo said, 500.000 for an engine for example. I find that a bit to expensive, but maybe something a little bit less but still challenging. When I play the game, I don't even care about my budget because it ain't a problem, that's how I experience it... In real life a fire alarm would cost money. As far as I know, to call an engine from the fire station doesn't cost anything.

By the way, amazing work on the mod :)

omg Hoppah amazing!! i especially love the MCU. when u first said u were gonna change the skin to that white one, i kinda thought it was going to look horrible and i wasnt going to use it. but that skin, makes it look 10000% better than the red one. love it!

I like the EMS captain, will it have its own vehicle? Also the directional lights will be a nice touch on the Bat. Chief's vehicle and it can hold two people now?

that would be the purpose of the EMS captains car that's already in-game in 1.6.

question for Hoppah, are the FFEMTs replacing the firefighters?