Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Because the fire engine's have a watercannon now, I am probably going to replace the watertender with the USAR squad in fire station 1. :)

And I am going to make some equipment changes, because LAFD engine's do NOT carry extrication gear (jaws of life) and a jump bag in real life. The USAR squad and LACoFD Heavy Equipment Squad will carry them and you need to call one of them to get people out of crashed cars.

Because the fire engine's have a watercannon now, I am probably going to replace the watertender with the USAR squad in fire station 1. :)

And I am going to make some equipment changes, because LAFD engine's do NOT carry extrication gear (jaws of life) and a jump bag in real life. The USAR squad and LACoFD Heavy Equipment Squad will carry them and you need to call one of them to get people out of crashed cars.

You need only editing the scripting and you make the virtualobjects bigger:P

But it's a nice change:)

Guest Tomato

^^

Is there a way to put the battalion chief inside one of the apparatus bays?

Or is it possible?

By tha way station 2 looks great!

Mike

Yes but you must edit the scripting

Coming are 2 battalion chief's? for the 2 stations

Or not?:)

Yes but you must edit the scripting

Coming are 2 battalion chief's? for the 2 stations

Or not?:)

Did I say that? No? Then the answer is no.

Just WAIT till you get informed, I will post every little detail of v1.7

Why did you make from the light in the slicktop an Steady burn

(I think it looks awfull :cool: )

First off, this post was moved because asking a question and saying it looks awful is neither an idea nor a suggestion.

Second, use the search button for steady burn and you'll find hundreds of posts answering your question. The concise answer, if you don't feel like being bothered to search, is realism.

Why did you make from the light in the slicktop an Steady burn

(I think it looks awfull :cool: )

As Mike said it is there because it is like that in real life. The slicktop cruisers in California, if I am correct, require a steady burn light. Perhaps Mike could back me up on that?

Guest [SAP]Francis

Well, I hate the new slicktop, it, indeed, looks realistic, but, I really love to have lights. I just made another thing with my slicktop to have more lights; I edited the texture of the back window, to have squares so I can put LED light bar :) I will maybe show a pic :)

Guest firemanzac

Hoopah, That is great news!! Im looking forward to the changes :) Great Job as always!!

As Mike said it is there because it is like that in real life. The slicktop cruisers in California, if I am correct, require a steady burn light. Perhaps Mike could back me up on that?

You are correct, and there is no need to back you up, like I said, if he really wants to know, he can use the search button :) We're trying to promote that as much as possible these days.

All emergency vehicles in California require 1 steady burn red light that is visible up to 1 mile away

Actually it's 1000 feet per the California Vehicle Code section 25252. or 0.189393939 miles if you prefer :)

No, you think Battalion Chiefs patrol the streets in real life?

Only for the nearest Starbucks and take out Chinese!

Guest emergency3freak
I've changed the Ford Crown Victoria patrol car.

It has three doors now and some other things are changed (like the headlights) or added (antenna & trunk).

Pictures:

lapdpatrolcar15gi.th.jpg

lapdpatrolcar26ge.th.jpg

lapdpatrolcar32rs.th.jpg

LAPD in action:

scene26qz.th.jpg

scene18tc.th.jpg

Greetz,

Hoppah

Hey guys & hoppah

i really want to see those screens but all that my computer does is comes up with a red x in a box. how do you make you see the picture?

thanks

Emergency3Freak

Excellent choice Hoppah!! This is really going to add to the mod, great work.

Can you tweak the number of firefighters called for the aerial. Right now, the initial alarm calls 2 and then evey other alarm calls 4. I know how to edit the script, but think you should change it permanently in the game so there is only ever 2 firefighters called for the aerial.

Another question about the aerial - is the current light bar accurate?

Keep up the outstanding work.

Excellent choice Hoppah!! This is really going to add to the mod, great work.

Can you tweak the number of firefighters called for the aerial. Right now, the initial alarm calls 2 and then evey other alarm calls 4. I know how to edit the script, but think you should change it permanently in the game so there is only ever 2 firefighters called for the aerial.

Really? I've never had that happen to me. The truck has always been staffed with 2. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the FFs having tools. Do the 2 get out of the rig if they have equipment in their hands? I'm wondering if perhaps that's the problem is that they don't get out, and the game doesn't register the truck as being "full" so it adds the 2 others.

Another question about the aerial - is the current light bar accurate?

Keep up the outstanding work.

The aerial in its entirety isn't accurate. LAFD does not have any quints, nor does it have any non-tillered trucks, nor does it have any tower/basket rigs.