Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Hoppah or Mike

Do n e of the Lafd Have L.E.D lights on there trucks?

Cuz that would be a cool change see some new lights on the engine or truck.

Great Job At Working On The Mod!!!!

Looks great!!!!!

Mrl

Slowly they are getting them with each new unit purchased. They're not common yet and probably wont be for at least another 2 or 3 budget cycles. LAFD just got their first new ambulance with the new LED package this month, and it'll be a while before the rest trickle through. The new BC's are still hung up in the shops except for a handful. The mod would go crazy trying to replicate every new vehicle, light package, and such the LAFD gets. Every 3 months there is something new in the department.

Guest rescue_me
Slowly they are getting them with each new unit purchased. They're not common yet and probably wont be for at least another 2 or 3 budget cycles. LAFD just got their first new ambulance with the new LED package this month, and it'll be a while before the rest trickle through. The new BC's are still hung up in the shops except for a handful. The mod would go crazy trying to replicate every new vehicle, light package, and such the LAFD gets. Every 3 months there is something new in the department.

Thats cool. i just didnt know if they were keeping the old style or getting new ones.

thx

o ya, do you know if they got new platform truck? or if there looking for one?

Thats cool. i just didnt know if they were keeping the old style or getting new ones.

thx

o ya, do you know if they got new platform truck? or if there looking for one?

The LAFD has shown no interest in purchasing any aerial trucks other then the straight ladder type in service today.

Guest CrazyLion425
You might want to check your display settings. The car in game has always been red on my screen and in screen shots on this board and at lamod.emergency-planet . com/

Ya i need to check my eyes more then my display... cause i played the game last night and sure enough... its red.... I could have sworn at one point it was pink..... But I did notice, that trying to use the directional light bar... it doesn't work on the EMS car anymore.

Ya i need to check my eyes more then my display... cause i played the game last night and sure enough... its red.... I could have sworn at one point it was pink..... But I did notice, that trying to use the directional light bar... it doesn't work on the EMS car anymore.

That is correct, and in 1.7 the texture will be removed. As noted above, the lighting on vehicles, especially arrowbars will be more accurate.

Is there going to be a new siren in La modv1.7?

Why would there be??

The sirens were changed for 1.5 and Mike noted that the 1.4 sirens were actually more correct and pretty close to perfect for LA so they were changed back in 1.6.

:nixweiss:

MikesPhotos, i have a question. would there be any possible way to find the realistic sirens for all vehicles and use those? not to seem ungreatful but the sirens on 1.6 are just dull. its like running the siren for ever. but i might get yelled at for this but ok... ive noticed that the Police vehicles, ALL of them, have the lights in the back window. would those be in them? just outta curiosity.

Thanks.

Station9

Guest CrazyLion425
No,there not LA.They look cool!

The L.A. Mod is all about being realistic to L.A. So all vehicles, uniforms, etc are authentic to L.A. if you can find a variation of those vehicles that are from L.A. there is a chance Hoppah will had them, but if they are other cities, states, etc... it most likey will not happen.

Cool pictures though.

Is there going to be a new siren in La modv1.7?
MikesPhotos, i have a question. would there be any possible way to find the realistic sirens for all vehicles and use those? not to seem ungreatful but the sirens on 1.6 are just dull. its like running the siren for ever.

Madman has hit he nail on the head when he says:

The sirens were changed for 1.5 and Mike noted that the 1.4 sirens were actually more correct and pretty close to perfect for LA

I'm sorry you feel the sirens are dull. Actually, I'm not sorry at all. LAPD, LASD, CHP, LAFD, LACoFD, and even the FBI all use either the Motorola siren or FedSig smart siren with just wail and yelp with Fire apparatus having mechanical sirens as well. I don't know what you want, but if you're looking for a lot of blinky lights and varied sirens, Los Angeles is not the mod for you.

but i might get yelled at for this but ok... ive noticed that the Police vehicles, ALL of them, have the lights in the back window. would those be in them? just outta curiosity.

Thanks.

Station9

Are you talking about the third brake light on the back of the crown vic? The LAWA PD has dual led's beside their 3rd brake light (will be added in 1.7), the slick tops all have arrow bars on their back shelf. You'll have to be more specific as to what your question is.

I'll have to look to see if the 3rd brake light comes on in the game, if not, I'll make sure its added. It's never been something I bothered to look at.

How about adding this airport fire truck?

And how about this ladder fire truck thats goes higher then the regular ladder truck?

No,there not LA.They look cool!

What is NOT cool is you first posted in the wrong thread. We all know you are aware of the other thread so this is completely inexcusable! Next time, you will receive an increase in your warning level. Second, you're requesting units NOT from LA, which is both annoying and .. you know what... let me just say this... in bold even...

Units NOT From LA Will NOT Be Considered!

Lots of things look cool, read the first page of the suggestions thread and pay attention to this part:

One tip: Think about the suggestions you're about to post. Do research. You can't just post everything that came across your mind!

Mike

i wasnt saying that i was looking for blinking lights and all that. its just most if not all the units have the same siren sounds. i was just asking.

I'm still curious about what you meant by all cars have lights in the back window, I'm not sure what you are referring to, do you mean the 3rd brake light?

Hey Mike, I have a question about the sirens. Are the police sirens really realistic, because the only place I've ever heard them is as sound effects for movies. Correct me if I'm wrong , but code 3 never used to sound like that, but the only Motorola tone I've ever heard was HILO, so maybe I'm wrong.

Hey Mike, I have a question about the sirens. Are the police sirens really realistic, because the only place I've ever heard them is as sound effects for movies. Correct me if I'm wrong , but code 3 never used to sound like that, but the only Motorola tone I've ever heard was HILO, so maybe I'm wrong.

The police, ambulance and fire sirens sound as if i was sitting on the corner of the street. Code 3/PSE sirens aren't used by anyone I know out here. Just FedSig/Unitrol by the big players and motorola radio/siren head.

I'll tell you two stories that highlight just how spot on they are.

1) I was playing the game on my laptop at the station when i first got it and had the speakers up to loud to drown out freaking golf on the tv. We were having a little down time since the apparatus I was assigned to that day decided to have electrical problems and we were waiting for the reserve to get there. I had just responded a full Task Force to an incident (2 Engines, 1 Truck) and out comes the Captain from behind the station screaming, "WTF?!?!? Who's responding and where? Did we get a call? Did we get our reserve already??" It sounded just like the units were going past the station and god he'd have been beside himself if we missed a structure cause our rig decided to belly ache.

2) This happened not to long ago as well. I have it set up so the ambulances have their sirens turned off my default. My hearing is fine, and I don't need to listen to sirens all day and night while playing the game. I can see the vehicles, it's fine. But I pressed the button for the ambulance to go to the hospital and scrolled away. For some reason the siren came on though. I scrolled over to it and sure enough, the closer I got to it, the louder the siren got! But the siren was turned off! I kept pressing the button more and more and nothing was happening until I looked out the window and there was an LAFD RA outside of my place trying to get through traffic.

You can't get any closer then that.