Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Honestly some people who really can't wait till the next release? Need to find another EM mod to play and support for too.

You can't just play one mod all the time. :unsure:

The other mods arent finished or are from europe. :machkaputt:

but his point is, you can still support them. I know with my mod I have some very dedicated supporters and I know they will be excited when release it. what usually will kill a mod is the support and help it gets. it take a helluva long time to do it by one's self. ask hoppah that. he works mostly alone but even he has help from mikey and mikes photos and stan, etc.

Right now Hoppah, I could get someting alot better (but I just awoke) so here is a nice little thank-you

Thank-you for the best mod I have found so far, for any game... EVER. I wouldn't even touch emergency 4 I don't think if it wasn't for the LA mod. You have made the game a lot better than anything else I could have imagined, and if Sixteen Tons had sense, you'd be hired on for Emergency 5 as the head of game design (or something to put you incharge for the new game :) )

And Thank-you for putting up with us, we can get very annoying and quite a piss off, if you know what I mean :P and I frankly wouldn't have the patience to do this, especially with some of the posts I've seen here. I want to thank-you for all your hard work, and once again, BEST MOD EVER, and it just keeps getting better.

P.S. I couldn't find a saluting Smiley, so just imagine it.... and don't forget GOOD JOB!

but his point is, you can still support them. I know with my mod I have some very dedicated supporters and I know they will be excited when release it. what usually will kill a mod is the support and help it gets. it take a helluva long time to do it by one's self. ask hoppah that. he works mostly alone but even he has help from mikey and mikes photos and stan, etc.

yeah that is true but its hard to support those mods when most of them are dead or havent given us any results just pictures and promises im not saying you or other modders arent good but we havent really seen or experienced your work and the LA mod is the only mod for the united states that is actually playable and you can always ask for help there are tons of people here willing to help with whatever they can

Another news post! :D

Made a fully working gated wye for the mod.

What is a gated wye?: A wye is an appliance used to divide a single incoming hose line into two or more outgoing hose lines.

Screenshot:

gatedwyedl5.th.jpg

And a video!:

Video made by me, uploaded by Stan.

Something else:

I've worked out the BLS and ALS system in freeplay. There will some big differences in both fire stations in v1.7.

First, the big differences between ALS and BLS are the heal (ALS) and stabilize (BLS) commands for the fire fighters in the LA MOD.

The changes are mostly about the default staffing of vehicles:

The red ALS Ambulance (+ LAX and Van ambulances) have 1 FF/PM and 1 FF/PM with stretcher as default crew.

The red/white BLS Ambulance has just 1 FF/EMT with stretcher.

Engine 1 has 2 FF/EMT's and 2 FF/PM's (ALS capabilities).

Engine 2 has 4 FF/EMT's.

You can only park ALS ambulances in fire station 1.

And you can only park the BLS ambulance in fire station 2.

Because fire station 2 needs an ALS resource as well, you can only park engine 1 at fire station 2.

It's still possible to park both fire engine's in fire station 1, but each engine has its own bay now (E1 in bay 4, E2 in bay 5).

There are more changes; The 'call vehicle' commands have been changed. The police officers will still call the closest ambulance, but the EMS Captain and Battalion Chief can choose between calling an ALS ambulance (from station 1) or a BLS ambulance (from station 2). Same thing with the engine. Engine 1 can come from both stations (depends on the closest station), engine 2 only from station 1.

The 'Call Aerial Ladder' command has been renamed to 'Call light force'.

When you use that command the aerial ladder will respond with a 2-car, that means fire engine 2 (if available at station) will respond too.

However, if you don't like that change you can hold CTRL while using the command and only the Aerial Ladder will come.

Notes:

ALS = Advanced Life Support

BLS = Basic Life Support

Hoppah

Another news post! :D

Something else:

I've worked out the BLS and ALS system in freeplay. There will some big differences in both fire stations in v1.7.

First, the big differences between ALS and BLS are the heal (ALS) and stabilize (BLS) commands for the fire fighters in the LA MOD.

The red ALS Ambulance (+ LAX and Van ambulances) have 1 FF/PM and 1 FF/PM with stretcher as default crew.

The red/white BLS Ambulance has just 1 FF/EMT with stretcher.

Engine 1 has 2 FF/EMT's and 2 FF/PM's (ALS capabilities).

Engine 2 has 4 FF/EMT's.

GREAT improvements. I can't wait for 1.7 to come out.

One question. Why are the ALS ambulances staffing a FF/PM AND a FF/PM stretcher team? If the stretcher team (2 FF/PM) can heal, what's the point of having the third FF/PM? That seems unrealistic.

It's great!!! I WANT TO HAVE IT! :)

I have one doubt. can we add a gated wye to a gated wye?

Yes, but I disabled it on purpose.

I don't think it's realistic to divide the power on 4 hoses (or even more) from one original intake.

Still need to ask Mikesphotos though. You can attach 8 hoses to each fire engine now and 2 to each hydrant. :)

GREAT improvements. I can't wait for 1.7 to come out.

One question. Why are the ALS ambulances staffing a FF/PM AND a FF/PM stretcher team? If the stretcher team (2 FF/PM) can heal, what's the point of having the third FF/PM? That seems unrealistic.

To keep at least SOME of the original gameplay.

There was no 'drop stretcher' command and the paramedics with stretcher couldn't heal people.

Original gameplay = Doctor (FF/PM) for healing, Paramedics (FF/PM's) with stretcher for transporting people.

The FF/PM stretcher team heals now. I fiddled around with the scripts a get the current stretcher team to heal. The problem was that they healed really slowly. Does the FF/PM stretcher team heals like a paramedic? Or slowly like I got it to do? If it heal like a paramedic you dont even need the FF/PM on the RA, just the stretcher team.

The 'Call Aerial Ladder' command has been renamed to 'Call light force'.

Yes!!! Finally light force commands. I was hoping for this since I started playing the LA Mod

Yes, I made my own heal script. :)

So for all intents and purposes, you could get by with just the FF/PM stretcher team on the ALS RA. It would also be realistic. What you have created was exactly what I was trying to do, get a stretcher team to heal so all I needed in a RA was the stretcher team.

great work and great update!

how about a lafd command post,

because if there are more hoses you also

need more fire fighter. how do you think

are there going to be 8 ff but only 6 on the

engine?

does the hose also work on the wild fire crew?

again great work!

By emergency can max 6 people:(

I think hardcoded?

great work and great update!

how about a lafd command post,

because if there are more hoses you also

need more fire fighter. how do you think

are there going to be 8 ff but only 6 on the

engine?

does the hose also work on the wild fire crew?

again great work!

Why would you need 8 firemen on a single engine now? You don't HAVE TO to use the gated wye or 8 connections to a single engine.

It's an extra tool and can be used to make longer hoses and to save space in tight area's or roads.

Fire engine's are big and you don't need two engine's to have 8 hoses anymore.

In other words, send a second engine for extra crew and keep it on a distance because the other (first) engine has enough connections to deal with fires now. :)