Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

that would be the purpose of the EMS captains car that's already in-game in 1.6.

question for Hoppah, are the FFEMTs replacing the firefighters?

Yes, the normal firefighters had to be renamed to 'FF/EMT' and 'FF/EMT with SCBA gear', that's all. :)

i love this change becuase the paramedic Squad has two firefighter paramedics right mike? so im happy cause nw i can just put two ff/pm instead of 2 firefighters and 2 medics

I can field that one. By squad, I assume you mean the LA County FD squad. The usual staffing is two firefighter/paramedics and yeah, its nice to just be able to put 2 in there

thats just not right

I agree, what was even the point of posting that???

Anywho, back to topic now:

So Hoppah, are you getting rid of the regular paramedic and replacing it with the FF one? Or are you just adding more to the mod? Awesome either way :1046275747_biggthumpup:

em4freak

I agree, what was even the point of posting that???

Anywho, back to topic now:

So Hoppah, are you getting rid of the regular paramedic and replacing it with the FF one? Or are you just adding more to the mod? Awesome either way :1046275747_biggthumpup:

em4freak

he is replacing the medic with the ff/pm

Guest emergency3freak
More news!

I have changed the skin of Mass Casualty Unit. It has the same colors as the Mobile Field Hospital now.

Because trailers are too buggy I kept the model I already had, so it's just a reskin to add a bit more realism. Picture:

mcuww3.th.jpg

Photo's of the Mobile Field Hospital: click and click

And I have changed the skin of the coroners. Picture:

coronersde7.th.jpg

Photo: click

The changed EMS (Emergency Medical Service) system:

Mikesphotos already revealed there will be a big change in the EMS system in my mod. Here is the full info:

The firefighters in the Los Angeles mod have been splitted up into 2 different qualifications.

The FF/EMT can stabilize and the FF/PM can heal persons.

Both kind of firefighters can use all equipment and both firefighters can use SCBA gear or a stretcher.

Besides the two qualifications, I have added an EMS Paramedic Captain. He can heal and call for additional vehicles.

Because the FF/EMT's have a basic medical training you will usually find them on fire apparatus like the fire engine's.

The FF/PM's can be found on the ambulances or as extra crew on the engine's and trucks.

Because the FF/PM's can heal they are part of the EMS group (or Ambulance group = white dots on minimap) and the FF/EMT's are part of the Fire Department group.

You can easily recognize the paramedics on the EMS logo in their unit picture.

What are the differences compared to previous versions of the Los Angeles Mod?

Besides some name changes, the FF/PM's have more similar clothing to the normal firefighters like in the previous versions.

They have a helmet and wear a yellow jacket now. All FF/PM's have the ability to use all equipment and they can get the SCBA gear.

The FF/EMT's have the abilty to get a stretcher now.

Because it is not possible to change person models, the firefighters with stretcher still wear navy blue pants and shirt.

The EMT bag which was carried by the paramedic is standard equipment of the FF/PM and can be dropped and get from vehicles now.

FF/PM's without the bag can still heal persons, but the EMT bag offers a small bonus to the healing process and is necessary to defibrillate persons.

Because there are 4 new person models and name and skin changes I have added a picture which summarizes the above text:

firemenbg1.th.jpg

EMT = Emergency Medical Technician

PM = Paramedic

FF = Firefighter

The last part of this newpost is a small preview of the manual (for v1.7) I'm working on:

manualpreviewby1.th.jpg

Hoppah

Hey hoppah

just to start off 1.7 is going to be off the hook!!!!!!!!!! :schreiben: i was just wondering if you could upload some ingame screenshots of the MCU and other vehicles ingame.Also a good idea would be to add a slide out bit like the fbi command centre "SEE ATTACHED PICTURE",aswell as the tent to add more realism and some equipment like the jump pad and other stuff. Great mod this is going to be. Great mod Hoppah!!!!!!!!!!! :holdglass:

Emergency3Freak

post-1943-1219132986_thumb.jpg

if I may offer a little helpful critsism, it may be able to add what the standered crew is on the Fire and EMS units, when the alarm is sounded.

There will be a chapter about the fire station too.

All vehicles + default crew for alarm will explained in that chapter. :)

Any thought to having the initial alarm that populates the fire station not actually send any staff to the vehicles? It might just be the way I play, (with a BC acting as a dispatcher), but the first thing I do when playing freeplay is to send each vehicle out of the hall and then send it right back to empty everything out.

It's just not very realistic to have each vehicle fully staffed and waiting around for a call to happen.

Any thought to having the initial alarm that populates the fire station not actually send any staff to the vehicles? It might just be the way I play, (with a BC acting as a dispatcher), but the first thing I do when playing freeplay is to send each vehicle out of the hall and then send it right back to empty everything out.

It's just not very realistic to have each vehicle fully staffed and waiting around for a call to happen.

It's a game. Staffing the vehicles at start make things much easier.

I don't care of its realistic or not.

Guest [SAP]Francis

:dry:

Well, what he was saying is that the firefighters doesn't come out of the station 1 second after the bell rings, it takes... 20 to 25 seconds, minimum..

It's a game. Staffing the vehicles at start make things much easier.

I don't care of its realistic or not.

You know what I don't understand, why you are so bitter? You bang the "realism" drum all the time, but when someone makes a suggestion based on the fact of realism, (not just my recent staffing suggestion), you act like a 5 year old and stomp your feet.

Is the mod supposed to be real or easy, tell me that - then I'll know what suggestions to make or not.

Fine

If I wanted to make that realistic, it would be already changed.

But it's not. It makes the game a bit easier, but mostly, more pleasant to play.

I already see people 'reporting possible bugs' that the firefighters don't come out of the building, because they can't wait 20 seconds.

Emergency 4 is a fast game, increasing these times would be annoying as hell. Putting crew in the vehicles by yourself each time you start takes too much time.

You know what I don't understand, why you are so bitter? You bang the "realism" drum all the time, but when someone makes a suggestion based on the fact of realism, (not just my recent staffing suggestion), you act like a 5 year old and stomp your feet.

Is the mod supposed to be real or easy, tell me that - then I'll know what suggestions to make or not.

So that part of the game isn't going to change. While I agree the timing could be more realistic, the game clock is much faster than real time. So the time it takes for the FF to reach their vehicle is the equivalent of a minute. As far as the initial staffing, I usually take the chief out and move him to his designated "dispatch" spot, his the alarm again to get another chief, then empty all the rigs in the station and send them back into the station.

I do have to agree, hoppah did come off a bit rude on that one. I'll chalk it up to a subtle language difference. Either way, nothing we can do about it. It's his mod after all.

Hoppah, I do have a question for you. Are at least some of our suggestions at all helpful? Have you incorporated any of them, or are we being a nuisance to you and the other moderators? If it's a bother, I for one will stop suggesting things and happily, patiently wait for the new release. I like to think that my occasional suggestion does help since I used to work EMS in LA County and the SoCal region, I've been a paramedic for a while now, and I could give you some information that would add to the realism. Who knows, maybe I'm just a pain in the ass. I hope I'm not coming off as ungrateful, I just want to honestly know if we're a help at all.

yea that is alittle uncalled for look at how much hoppah has done so if you dont like somthing thats in the mod dont take it out on hoppah like that you find out how to change it and do it yourself

There are too many suggestions and people don't read the first post (in the suggestions thread). How many times do we have a tiller truck suggested now? 20 to 30 times?

What about the 'Add this, this and this vehicle please' suggestions?

90% of the suggestion have ONLY to do with a cool appearance, like the huge mobile hospital, the LAFD Hummer or another Dodge Charger.

The first post clearly states that people have to try to add a motiviation to their suggestions. The LAFD Hummer is not being used anymore, the mod already has two Dodge Chargers, the mobile hospital is too big to manouvre through a map in this game. There is even a limit on the maximum number of transports a vehicle can have.

The best suggestion was one from Mikesphotos and that was the new EMS system. I got all the details, pictures and info (including a big excel sheet) I needed and I made it.

He is is someone who knows where he talks about. People suggesting I should add a fire engine from England (yes there was one) don't.

Are you going to staff the vehicles upon an alarm in a light force/task force configuration?

This has not been decided fully yet, but here is a question to you and everyone, just for my own personal knowledge...

Since there really are no truck ops, would it be annoying to the majority of you to have to disembark the truck, run to the engine, grab the hose and connect to it each fire

or

would you rather just have 2 on the truck and 4 one the engine since you're going to use those 4 on the engine anyways for 99% of all of the calls, and the 2 on the truck can be used for extrication, master stream, and the few truckie duties that are in game. 2 is just the right amount for the things the truck does, and 4 on the 2-car means less hassle because of the quick deploy.

The whole point of the game is understanding that realism has its place, but it is a very delicate balance between real and game. For absolute realism we'd have the game clock be 1 second = 1 second and you'd only get maybe 3 to 10 fire/ems calls after playing it for 24hrs, and maybe 20 police calls.

And speaking of the game clock..........

Well, what he was saying is that the firefighters doesn't come out of the station 1 second after the bell rings, it takes... 20 to 25 seconds, minimum..

One thing I think many of you fail to realize is that there is a thing called a game clock. 1 second does not equal 1 second. The alarm at FS1 sounds for 15 seconds in real time. 15 seconds equals 5 MINUTES in game time. Here are the run stats for the Los Angeles City Fire Dept from Jan to March 2008

What exactly is 'response' time?

Response times are properly calculated using all three of these:

* Dispatch time -- time spent by the call-taker and dispatchers to initiate the dispatch.

* Turnout time -- from dispatch until units are enroute.

* Driving time -- from enroute until units are at the scene.

During January, February and March 2008, the LAFD response times were:

* First resource on scene at Structure Fire incidents – 95% within 5 minutes.

* First resource on scene at life-threatening medical incidents – 87% within 5 minutes.

* First paramedic on scene at life-threatening medical incidents – 86% within 8 minutes.

For those who might find this quote confusing, that means that from the time the citizen dialed 911 and the phone was answered, firefighters were on scene within 5 minutes almost every time. That includes driving time, turnout time, and call time.

Going by those stats, for 100% of the calls where you are hitting the alarm button, you're late to the call! You want realism, then we should speed up the time it takes to get on the rig, not slow it down.

Hoppah, I do have a question for you. Are at least some of our suggestions at all helpful?

I'm not Hoppah, but I will field this one as well. I've spent the last 4 days going through the 60+ pages in the suggestion thread to cull it, make a list, and see what the future of that thread will be. Honestly, it's a lot like panning for gold. There are some really good ideas, some that will be implemented at some point, maybe not this time, but at some point, but the majority, and it's an overwhelming majority are just thoughtless and without merit. Many of the posts in that thread are made by those who feel a need to comment on every post in every thread possible. I don't know if they are trying to boost their post count, or they just like being very very social. On the flip side, there are some great nuggets and some good conversation that added to the thread. It's really like panning for gold.

Mike