Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest EHSmedic

For Hoppa and those Interested....I have found the LAFD EMS Cheif/Supervisor Vehicle. Its a Ford with a small Box on the back with all the medical gear minus the stretcher. Carrying one Paramedic. These are fairly new units as you can tell by looking at them...Would be a great addition for 1.4 at the last second :)

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

What do yas think?

Guest Robin93

Yeah, it's nice but it looks nearly exactly like the FD light truck....That's another reason for Hoppah not to add it (I Think so...).

SUVs all in all are nice as emergency service vehicles but the ford crown makes the special difference to the other vehicles in this category.

That's why I would prefer the Crown.

Guest firefighter092

It does look a lot like the utility that the fire dept has. I can see someone getting confused during a larger call and sending medics instead of FD... and that would be bad.

I understand why they had to make that truck real short (its LA) but i think it makes it look kind of like a toy car. I'll take the CV anyday.

From download page:

So when the mod is loaded, almost everything is in English. Got it?

@ Lo-Fi:

LAFD EMS car. If I'm not wrong it's a Chevrolet Suburban on the pictures AUX3AE posted. But those aren't from the LAFD...

Hey hoppah, try this link, this had the LAFD GMC Suburban and other LAFD based vehicles and etc...

1989 LAFD GMC Suburban Earlier Model

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These links below are for the same car (GMC owns Chevy as well) on US Ebay.com, all in FIRE-RED paint.

1997 GMC Suburban FIRE-RED Later Model(Same body car as 1997 Chevy Suburban)

2000 Chevy Suburban FIRE-RED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also that same site contains many other more recent and past LAFD vehicles....

hope that helps....

For Hoppa and those Interested....I have found the LAFD EMS Cheif/Supervisor Vehicle. Its a Ford with a small Box on the back with all the medical gear minus the stretcher. Carrying one Paramedic. These are fairly new units as you can tell by looking at them...Would be a great addition for 1.4 at the last second :)

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

What do yas think?

Just a quick note about the LAFD Battalion EMS Captains. Most battalions have a battalion EMS Captain that drives a red crown vic and is used primarily in a supervisory function. On a large incident, he functions as Medical Unit Leader in the ICS (incident command system) and calls for additional ambulances, air ambulances and such. It's staffed by just 1 paramedic captain, and they usually respond to shootings, accidents requiring more then 2 ALS RA's (rescue ambulances.. lafd term) and bassicaly any incident involving law enforcement.

Battalion 14 is currently testing the truck you see in the pictures above and as far as I am aware, it is the only Batt testing it. The main plus to it is the fact it can carry an extra stretcher and backboards which is critical in LA due to our problem with ER's being overcrowded. Some RA's have experienced wait times over 30 mins just waiting for an available bed or to get their patient off of the stretcher. This will allow the EMS Capt to get the RA back in service faster by having the spare stretcher available at the hospital.

Battalion 5 has a vehicle that is very similar but is used by the BC for wildland fires in the Hollywood hills area.

From what I've heard, the EMS captains haven't responded favorably to the vehicle though and it doesn't look like it will be picked up en masse. There are no EMS SUVs, just crown vics.

Also, as long as I'm on the topic of LAFD's EMS program. LAFD has pretty much phazed out all Single Function Resources, which was their fancy term for Paramedics who were not Firefighters. There might be one or two old timers left but as a general rule, all Paramedics and Paramedic Captains are trained firefighters and every RA and EMS Capt is equipped with their full gear for use on incidents as the Incident Commander sees fit.

The current plan right now is to make every Engine Company at least a Paramedic Assessment engine within the next few years if not decade, depending on the budget. I believe the figures are half of all LAFD Engines are either Paramedic or Paramedic Assessment level right now, with a few trial Paramedic Light Forces as well.

I'll see what I can do.

I also think it's a nice idea to add a new command to make it possible that fire fighters can change into a Hazmat unit.

In Los Angeles, both City and County, most Firefighters are only trained to the HAZMAT FRO-D (First Responder Operations - Decon) level. It's only the men and women assigned to the HAZMAT Squads that are trained to use and operate within a Level A suit. With normal SCBA and turnout gear, Non HAZMAT units are not allowed to operate inside of what is known as the Hot Zone. Instead, the dudes that glow in the dark and enjoy it get all of the fun of removing the patients and mitigating the danger.

Since 9/11 WMD training has stepped up quite a bit and has enforced these rules even more. We have recieved Mark 1 injectors for dealing with nerve agents as well as some other fun tools for detection, but if I understand the posts above, the game is actually a lot more true to LAFD's protocols as it is then by giving everyone a Level A suit.

Guest ComputerCop

I agree with people saying that it looks too much like the LAFD light truck. Plus, EM4 is not as complex as real life. We click on the paramedic, and hit the 'Heal' button. So a bigger truck won't make any difference from the crown vic other than looks :laugh:

I agree with people saying that it looks too much like the LAFD light truck. Plus, EM4 is not as complex as real life. We click on the paramedic, and hit the 'Heal' button. So a bigger truck won't make any difference from the crown vic other than looks :laugh:

I would not mind seeing the light truck change to allow a paradic on board. Then it could be used to respond to traffic accidents.

There are no EMS SUVs, just crown vics.

There we have it, no EMS SUV, Hoppah so the problem is solved :D. That should save you time now to allow you to work on the more critical things...

Guest firefighter092
In Los Angeles, both City and County, most Firefighters are only trained to the HAZMAT FRO-D (First Responder Operations - Decon) level. It's only the men and women assigned to the HAZMAT Squads that are trained to use and operate within a Level A suit. With normal SCBA and turnout gear, Non HAZMAT units are not allowed to operate inside of what is known as the Hot Zone. Instead, the dudes that glow in the dark and enjoy it get all of the fun of removing the patients and mitigating the danger.

Let them enjoy glowing in the dark! I don't want my family jewels to fall off, hence why i'm not on counties HIRT (hazmat incident response team)

Guest EHSmedic

"Some RA's have experienced wait times over 30 mins just waiting for an available bed or to get their patient off of the stretcher."

hahah I wish I worked as a medic in LA. I work in Nova Scotia Canada. OUr Main Trauma center in Halifax...The longest Recorded wait time in the "holding pattern" of stretchers for a bed in the ER is 9 Hours!! My Personal Best is 7... thats just to get a bed. This is an ongoing problem as we dont have enough beds, that is being worked on right now with an addition to the ER but it will be a year before its done. If you go in there with a patient and you are clear in under 2-3 hours your doing good. The longest line I have seen is 14 trucks with patients waiting in line... its Crazy...especially on weekends... I actually have a picture of the line up one night.. (if it works)

post-437-1193259437.jpg

Good news. V1.4 has been released!

lamodv14wy7.jpg

CHANGES V1.4:

- Two new missions.

- All US Army units renamed to US National Guard.

- US National Guard Humvee model improved.

- New vehicle: US National Guard Truck.

- LA Port Patrol and LA Airport Patrol cars added to freeplay.

- Fire station improved; Ability to call one fire fighter or one paramedic added.

- Automatic weapons improved; Particles added, new damage system and easier/faster to use.

- Traffic vest commands added to LAPD officers, Highway patrolmen and Sheriff's deputies.

- Many other improvements, changes and bug fixes.

v1.4:

* DOWNLOAD *

Size: 116 mb

Report (possible) bugs as soon as possible so I can release a fixed version if necessary.

Have fun with the mod,

Hoppah

Edit:

Our website can crash due to a much higher traffic than normal.

If you're having problems, download the new version tomorrow.

I am having trouble downloading, I formatted my computer last week and reinstalled 911 Fr. I had been trying to dowload La mod 1.3 all week but couldnt get the download to connect if that makes sense. I wasnt to worried but now that 1.4 is out this is more of a concern lol. I should mention a new mother bored was the reason for the format. I have a new ip now if that changes anything. same antivirus/firewall AVG and same ports open as befor. So why wont the download connect? I go to download center, click linnk for lamod1.4, click download and it goes to "download screen" with this msg "Pleace click here if the download doesn`t start within seconds." i wait a good minute, download wont start so i click link, Just sends me to emergency-planet home page :stupid:

thanks for any help in advance, thanks for all the effort hoppah and friends la mod is awsome!

I'm pretty sure my firewall isnt the problem and i have deleted all cookies/temp files. I aslo dont think its a problem due to the mod being dowloaded like mad as i've had this trouble befor 1.4 release. any thoughts?

Good news. V1.4 has been released!

lamodv14wy7.jpg

CHANGES V1.4:

- Two new missions.

- All US Army units renamed to US National Guard.

- US National Guard Humvee model improved.

- New vehicle: US National Guard Truck.

- LA Port Patrol and LA Airport Patrol cars added to freeplay.

- Fire station improved; Ability to call one fire fighter or one paramedic added.

- Automatic weapons improved; Particles added, new damage system and easier/faster to use.

- Traffic vest commands added to LAPD officers, Highway patrolmen and Sheriff's deputies.

- Many other improvements, changes and bug fixes.

v1.4:

* DOWNLOAD *

Size: 116 mb

Report (possible) bugs as soon as possible so I can release a fixed version if necessary.

Have fun with the mod,

Hoppah

Edit:

Our website can crash due to a much higher traffic than normal.

If you're having problems, download the new version tomorrow.

Well done hoppah! :D