Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest kparsons34

Can anyone PLEASE help me... I am trying to add some traffic lights to the LA MOD and I cant seem to get the traffic lights to work. I have put the traffic lights in place and also added the virtual object and when I start to play the MOD the traffic lights dont turn on and the cars wont stop. Any help on this would be awesome.

- Kenneth

Can anyone PLEASE help me... I am trying to add some traffic lights to the LA MOD and I cant seem to get the traffic lights to work. I have put the traffic lights in place and also added the virtual object and when I start to play the MOD the traffic lights dont turn on and the cars wont stop. Any help on this would be awesome.

- Kenneth

i don't know how,but i think u need to add lines in a script

Guest Utrechtterror
i don't know how,but i think u need to add lines in a script

No

- Kenneth

Check out the other traffic lights in the editor ;)

Yes. Each trafficlight has some numbers: crossroadnumber - trafficlight number - duration of staying green

The virtual objects and other objects are connected to that traffic light with the crossroadnumber.

Compare your stuff with other traffic lights.

If you can read German:

http://emergency-forum.de/thread.php?posti...2001#post132001

:)

this is going to be great! great work hoppah

oh, will this work with the mission patch or would we need the original l.a mod with your 3 missions?

WHAT will work with mission patch?

When v1.4 is released, the mission patch will be updated too.

And I'm not going to 'add' the original Emergency 4 missions to my mod.

Great work, as usual hoppah.

A mission idea.

Demonstration mby? AFA(Antifascist) maybe, or prehaps anarkists?

If not that, a hostage drama is quite fun, maybe something.

You need pics of AFA or any antifascist demonstrators, just ask, Im an AFA hooligan myself.

WHAT will work with mission patch?

When v1.4 is released, the mission patch will be updated too.

And I'm not going to 'add' the original Emergency 4 missions to my mod.

ok what i meant was: WILL the new mission that you have been spending ages making and that everyone is looking forwards to work with the mission patch that allows people to play the original missions from emergency 4 (but you just cleared that up).

Military units are needed for mission 5 (no info yet), so I improved the Humvee (HMMWV) model.

Picture:

hmmwvym8.jpg

What's changed:

- Brush guard added

- Made a hole in the roof.

- Vehicle has 4 doors now (2 on both sides, that roof lid, and a small trunk lid).

- Removed large trunk lid on the back.

- More detailed interior.

- Texture of wheels improved.

BTW. Isn't it better to change the names of all US Army units to US National Guard?

Because in national emergency situations like some in Em4, mobilizing the National Guard sounds more reasonable than full time regular army.

Hoppah

Guest Utrechtterror

Those look sweet :)

BTW. Isn't it better to change the name of all US Army units to US National Guard?

Because in national emergency situations like some in Em4, mobilizing the National Guard sounds more reasonable then full time regular army.

Hoppah

Like the idea!!!

Military units are needed for mission 5 (no info yet), so I changed the Humvee (HMMWV).

Picture:

hmmwvym8.jpg

What's changed:

- Brush guard added

- Made a hole in the roof.

- Vehicle has 4 doors now (2 on both sides, that roof lid, and a small trunk lid).

- Removed large trunk lid on the back.

- More detailed interior.

- Texture of wheels improved.

BTW. Isn't it better to change the names of all US Army units to US National Guard?

Because in national emergency situations like some in Em4, mobilizing the National Guard sounds more reasonable than full time regular army.

Hoppah

nicely done ;) as usual :P

Good idea, indeed. That's also what I was planning to do with the Federal mod. You might also want to change the soldier names to something like "soldier" or "national guard". Marines aren't even part of the regular Army. (The US military has about half a dozen military divisions : Army, Marines, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and National Guard)

Good idea, indeed. That's also what I was planning to do with the Federal mod. You might also want to change the soldier names to something like "soldier" or "national guard". Marines aren't even part of the regular Army. (The US military has about half a dozen military divisions : Army, Marines, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and National Guard)

Yes, I've changed them. :)

Btw, did you get the requested models?

Correct. We use the National Guard of the respective state in national emergencies. A local war is another thing, thats when we pull out every single unit(incl. the tech support :P )

WTF just happend? I use the Edit-button and now there is a double post.. wtf..

I just made up the idea for the 5th mission. The army stuff will be in mission 6.

Briefing of the 5th mission:

Mission: 05

Date: 14 July 2008

Time Received: 14:45

A fire in a large wooden barn has been reported by three car drivers. The police suspects the owners of the barn have connections with a large and violent drug cartel. Drugs are propably being made, storaged and sold in the barn. You have to take the owners into custody for questioning and extinguish all fires. Proceed with caution!

Idea sounds cool, isn't it?

The mission isn't very hard to make. I only have to make a wooden barn, a large fire and a script where the owners are trying to escape.

I just made up the idea for the 5th mission. The army stuff will be in mission 6.

Briefing of the 5th mission:

Mission: 05

Date: 14 July 2008

Time Received: 14:45

A fire in a large wooden barn has been reported by three car drivers. The police suspects the owners of the barn have connections with a large and violent drug cartel. Drugs are propably being made, storaged and sold in the barn. You have to take the owners into custody for questioning and extinguish all fires. Proceed with caution!

Idea sounds cool, isn't it?

The mission isn't very hard to make. I only have to make a wooden barn, a large fire and a script where the owners are trying to escape.

Nice! I can't wait for 1.4. I'm just saying like don't yell or anything :P but would it be possible to switch the lightbars on the LAPD cars to the ones they use now? They use Federal Signal Arjent's and I think that would be a nice touch. Thanks!

Shane

P.S. Heres some pics of them.

http://flickr.com/photos/orbitgal/1348747345/

http://flickr.com/photos/btindrelunas/929927394/

http://flickr.com/photos/markscott/2152263...57594086728232/