Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Small update:

- Added English supervisor video's (for people with German/French version).

- Patrol function added to EMS car

- LA Airport Patrol and Port Patrol cars added to freeplay.

- New vehicle: US National Guard Truck

pic001hy9.jpg

pic002ru9.jpg

Going to test, try and add Mav1701's language files now.

Hoppah

Guest Exotic_Raj

NIce vehicles...well i would love to see Airport in freeplay...something like open access airport where it has restaurants and all that..then it will cool to have those Airport polices their :)...and also Army for restricted areas....

LOve to see in freeplay:

Open Access Airport...with restarants inside...

Whitehouse :) with army and police patroling the area...like white police vehicle..

thats for now....

Hi hoppah,

i really dont mean to nag or be rude or anything, but could you make one of the new LAPD cars like a seperate add on? to replace the current patrol car as an option? I love your mod so much, and i really truly dont mean to nag, but i just think it would be really cool. Thanks.

emergency4freak

Guest Utrechtterror
I think he means adding an airport somewhere to the freeplay map. Personally, I think that would be pretty cool too, having part of a little airstrip somewhere.

You can use the editor.

Load the LA mod, go to map > load map > freeplay.e4m

Pick a spot, remove some houses and stuff. Go to: edit > Scene.

And put fences, open_house buildings on that place. In an original EM4 mission you have to control fires at an airport. So it's all modelled already. And they are acessable (open_house :) You can edit the ground texture for the airstrip :) .

(maybe an idea for the next LA map i'm workin on?

You can use the editor.

Load the LA mod, go to map > load map > freeplay.e4m

Pick a spot, remove some houses and stuff. Go to: edit > Scene.

And put fences, open_house buildings on that place. In an original EM4 mission you have to control fires at an airport. So it's all modelled already. And they are acessable (open_house :) You can edit the ground texture for the airstrip :) .

(maybe an idea for the next LA map i'm workin on?

Yeah, I edited the heck out of my map already. My experience is very limited though so I'm sure that someone else could do it much better.

i guess it is impossbilie but i would be cool if there would be a bigger freeplay map.

i guess you all remember the normal EM4 and the big map. it would be cool if there is the same big

map in freeplay with more stations and more calls. so you have to cover a whole city area with their surroundings.

ou could have airports or collages or anything you want, but i guess that's impossbilie or something for the

creators of EM4.

whatever

Hi hoppah,

i really dont mean to nag or be rude or anything, but could you make one of the new LAPD cars like a seperate add on? to replace the current patrol car as an option? I love your mod so much, and i really truly dont mean to nag, but i just think it would be really cool. Thanks.

emergency4freak

Well, I don't completely understand what you mean.

There are no new LAPD cars in 1.4, just LA Airport patrol and LA Port patrol cars, which have been enabled in freeplay.

So, what do you mean with "current patrol car"?

Besides that, the model of the Ford Crown Victoria is from las00t0ut and nfspdf.

Hoppah, I have a quick question:

The following are some of the additions I made to LAToFireStation.script

const char OBJ_EQUIPTRUCK[]			= "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/light_equipment_truck.e4p";
const char VO_SPAWN3[] = "fire_station_spawn03";
const char VO_EQUIPTRUCK[] = "fs_equiptruck";
const char VO_EQUIPTRUCK2[] = "fs_equiptruck2";

object DummyCheckParked : CommandScript
{
DummyCheckParked()
{
SetGroupID(DummyGroup);
}

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)
{
}

void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)
{
bool ParkinglotFound = false;

Vehicle v(Caller);
if(StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), OBJ_BATTALION) == 0)
{
GameObjectList l3;
Game::CollectObstaclesOnVirtualObject(VO_BATTALION, l3, ACTOR_VEHICLE);
if(l3.GetNumObjects() > 0)
{
Mission::PlayHint(HINT_NOSPACE);
v.PushActionReturnToBase(ACTION_NEWLIST);
return;
} else
{
ParkinglotFound = true;
ActorList l1 = Game::GetActors(VO_BATTALION);
ActorList l2 = Game::GetActors(VO_BATTALION2);
}
}

else if(StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), OBJ_EQUIPTRUCK) == 0)
{
GameObjectList l3;
Game::CollectObstaclesOnVirtualObject(VO_EQUIPTRUCK, l3, ACTOR_VEHICLE);
{
Mission::PlayHint(HINT_NOSPACE2);
v.PushActionReturnToBase(ACTION_NEWLIST);
return;
} else
{
ParkinglotFound = true;
ActorList l1 = Game::GetActors(VO_EQUIPTRUCK);
ActorList l2 = Game::GetActors(VO_EQUIPTRUCK2);
}
}

........snip.........

Note that fs_equiptruck and fs_equiptruck2 are clones of fs_battalion and fs_battalion2 (the virtual objects where the Fire Chief truck parks) which were cloned and then moved to an empty place in the Lot - and fire_station_spawn03 as well.

HINT_NOSPACE2 is a message I inserted in the globals to help debug, since there are 2 places that return HINT_NOSPACE.

In the codeblock, the only change is the addition of the "else if(StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), OBJ_EQUIPTRUCK) == 0)..." section

I load up a new freeplay game and then deploy a Light Equip truck. (From the Editor, I added VCmdToFireStattion to the Light Truck.)

When I press the Return to Station button, 3 things happen:

The Firehouse Alarm sounds (if I hadnt done it manually before)

The truck drives to the parking spot, snaps into place in front of it (like its fixing to pull forward)

The HINT_NOSPACE2 message plays and the truck drives to HQ)

That means:

is coming back true, meaning VO_EQUIPTRUCK has objects in it. But it doesn't, the game has just started, and nothing is there.

But if that were true, WHY is the truck getting down to the part where it drives to the station?

I am basically copying the Battalion truck code. Is there someplace in another file that sets VO_BATTALION to 0 or NULL or something?

(I attached the whole script file, if you wanna trace all my changes)

I didn't add anything anywhere else, I am just working on getting the truck to park itself.

LAToFireStation.script.txt

Guest Utrechtterror
About the airport idea:

I don't like it, what's the fun of a huge runway or terminal? Creating a open access terminal is ALOT of work and not really necessary. And I'm not going to add a White House to a Los Angeles Mod.

I agree with that, that's why I explained how to add it themselves :)