Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest medic534

Sounds great, thanks for the update. Keeps us all on the edge of our seats waiting for what you will come up with next. Keep up the good work. I also agree about changing the name to the National Guard.

Guest ComputerCop

Mission sounds nice Hoppah! Can't wait to play it!!

Nice! I can't wait for 1.4. I'm just saying like don't yell or anything :P but would it be possible to switch the lightbars on the LAPD cars to the ones they use now? They use Federal Signal Arjent's and I think that would be a nice touch. Thanks!

Only if you were willing to model the lightbar :P

First I want to say that your LA Mods are FANTASTIC. I've played a lot of mods for dfferent games, and yours improves the original games the most! Both Em3 and Em4/911 are much better with La Mod! Thank you for your work.

Has anyone ever offered to help you on the english language bits. I was playing through the original EM4 missions with LAMod installed, and some of the text doesn't translate well (like hints.xml -- 911FR comes with a hints.xml in english now of course, so you might be able to use it?)

I went through and edited infotexts.xml for my own use, and plan to do more, but I'd never distribute them without your permission.

Would be nice to have it polished up for your next version, it'd make a great mod even better!

Its not a big deal or anything, just offering some help.

First I want to say that your LA Mods are FANTASTIC. I've played a lot of mods for dfferent games, and yours improves the original games the most! Both Em3 and Em4/911 are much better with La Mod! Thank you for your work.

Has anyone ever offered to help you on the english language bits. I was playing through the original EM4 missions with LAMod installed, and some of the text doesn't translate well (like hints.xml -- 911FR comes with a hints.xml in english now of course, so you might be able to use it?)

I went through and edited infotexts.xml for my own use, and plan to do more, but I'd never distribute them without your permission.

Would be nice to have it polished up for your next version, it'd make a great mod even better!

Its not a big deal or anything, just offering some help.

I already added the 911FR files to my mod and the mission patch for v1.4. About infotexts.xml, you can use an attachment to upload it here, so I can take a look at it and maybe add it to the mod. :)

Nice! I can't wait for 1.4. I'm just saying like don't yell or anything :P but would it be possible to switch the lightbars on the LAPD cars to the ones they use now? They use Federal Signal Arjent's and I think that would be a nice touch. Thanks!

Shane

P.S. Heres some pics of them.

http://flickr.com/photos/orbitgal/1348747345/

http://flickr.com/photos/btindrelunas/929927394/

http://flickr.com/photos/markscott/2152263...57594086728232/

Nice lightbars, but I am not 100% certain ALL LAPD cars be fitted with those lightbars. Maybe the newer patrol cars only? If someone can confirm they will replace the MX7000 lightbars too I will change them. It is difficult to find information about that.

Nice lightbars, but I am not 100% certain ALL LAPD cars be fitted with those lightbars. Maybe the newer patrol cars only? If someone can confirm they will replace the MX7000 lightbars too I will change them. It is difficult to find information about that.

It's unlikely that a police dept would spend money to buy new lightbars to be fitted on old cruisers. My guess is that cruisers that use the MX7000 (or any other kind of lightbar) will keep it until they're retired.

Lets burn it:

schuurtje1tg3.jpg

schuurtje2cm0.jpg

The barn is a new model. The smoke is much darker (changed it with the particle editor) too, to make it look better. I am using the map from mission 16 (fire at open air concert) for this mission.

Played a test round too. I needed 28 fire fighters with a hose connected on 7 fire engine's and 3 water tenders to extinguish the barn only, so this one will be quite hard.

I still need to make the drug dealers and owners which must be taken into custody too, so the mission isn't finished yet.

Hope you like it,

Hoppah :)

Guest ComputerCop

Looks good, Hoppah!

Tomato, don't give him ideas!! He'll pack the place with trees! :P:laugh:

It kind of defeats the purpose if he tells us everything, including whether or not the owners of the barn would be armed (DON'T TELL US!!) :laugh:

Regarding the light bars on LAPD squad cars...

I was out in LA on tour (West Hollywood area & Santa Monica and other areas of LA) 2 months ago, i remember now. Seeing about 80% of West Hollywood & S.M area PD cars had'em... but around the other general areas of LA (Compton to Norwalk, etc) it was a 50% thing 50%. Also LB and HB (Long Beach and Huntington Beach) i remember specifically all PD cars had the newer model.... but i suggest, if you do have the time with the upgrade (if its not to much time :23_31_4: consuming from your other projects) just go for the upgrade. Since by early 08 and possibly later in the year most of the general population of the fleet vehicles are due to be retired and new ones will be replacing and equipped with the newer light bars...

Thats my two cents.... :grinsevil:

Wow that smoke looks fantastic, having seen such a fire (not pot, but actual hay/straw in a stack) its pretty much spot on!

Great news about the lang files for the mission pack, I looked through them and it seems all but three: infotexts, portraits, and quest.xml can be switched out directly, yes?

I edited those three to make them match as best I could, they're in the attached zip file. quest.xml is a little odd because things arent actually "rewarded" in the same way since you use new vehicle variables (ID_NAME_DEKON vs ID_NAME_MCU) but it doesn't really matter, the text will "make sense" at least with the mission.

lamod_files_mav1701.zip

If I have another slow day I might tackle the LAMod Bonus missions from the main mod

Edit - Small request, ignore me if I am being annoying. I love how you have different colored Ambulances. Since Fire Engine 1 and 2 are pretty similar, have you thought about repainting one of them lime-yellow?

Like so: https://home.ria.army.mil/sites/fire_department/fire.htm

I'm not sure if LA has any of them, but a lot of departments are ordering them where high visibility is needed. It would match the airport units too, Ambulance 3 and the crashtender. Just an idea!

Well there ya go, it'd go good with the crashtender and LAX Amby :)

Update to those files I edited, portrait.xml had 2 typos (in the code bits, kept it from working at all) - I'm playtesting them again now to make sure its all squared-away now.. then i'll repost.

Okay, I must be doing something wrong, because after I edited the 3 XML files (infotexts, portrait, and quest) and added them back into the C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.3\Lang\en folder... they do not work when I load La Mod in the game.

<string name="ID_TOOLTIP_EMSCAR">EMS Car</string>

On the above, instead of showing "EMS Car" in game, it shows the string name "ID_TOOLTIP_EMSCAR"

I'm pretty sure I fixed all of the syntax errors now, I checked them with textpads highlighting...

Do I have to edit from within the editor or something?

Anyway, attached are the fixed files, though I'm not sure how to make them work.

So, except for my non-working edits, I replaced the original english files, and they all seem to work right.

LAMOD 1.3 mission patch files I kept:

infotexts.xml (edited)

protraits.xml (edited)

quest.xml (edited)

command.xml (no edits)

events.xml (no edits)

and replaced the others with the original files from the main 911FR files.

it all works until I add my edited xml files, then the strings won't load.

(whoops, didn't mean to post a new post. was supposed to be an edit)

lamod_files_mav1701_v2.zip

Guest Utrechtterror

I posted this in the Bugs section already but I think it belongs here :happy: .

Hoppah and I made a deal that I will change some parts of the map in 1.4

I got some screens already

wittehuisem4tz2.jpgdetailw00tzp3.jpg

em4bouwplaatsep9.jpg

em4ladderfa5.png

The new construction site and/or 'white house' might contain a bomb threat or something.. *evil laugh*

If you got something you would REALLY love to see in the map, please post it in here. Hoppah and I will then decide if we will add it :) .