Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest medic534

I was wondering if, using your race mission as an example, we could expand the mission to not just a wreck but many things. Sort of like freeplay only the race is your map. For example:

Mission starts early morning, you have to dispatch units to stand-by for an event.

Send 1 or 2 firetrucks, 3 ambulances, 3 cop cars. Set up in a certain "emergency staging area."

There could be a person suffering a medical emergency in the stands. A fire at the food stand. A racecar catches on fire, of course the big accident, a riot, fights. It could be based upon a 20 min time frame or something like that. I think it would utilize all your work you put into the map to have multiple incidents occur on it.

Let me know what you think.

I was wondering if, using your race mission as an example, we could expand the mission to not just a wreck but many things. Sort of like freeplay only the race is your map. For example:

Mission starts early morning, you have to dispatch units to stand-by for an event.

Send 1 or 2 firetrucks, 3 ambulances, 3 cop cars. Set up in a certain "emergency staging area."

There could be a person suffering a medical emergency in the stands. A fire at the food stand. A racecar catches on fire, of course the big accident, a riot, fights. It could be based upon a 20 min time frame or something like that. I think it would utilize all your work you put into the map to have multiple incidents occur on it.

that sounded good right up until the part about the racecar fire (minus the big accident) maybe a small car accident instead? but it's a great idea

Guest medic534

The "big accident" is what I thought hoppah was making the map for. I was thinking the car fire could be in the pits or something and the accident could be on the racetrack. Hopefully it wouldn't be too much work, but with all the work he is putting into the map and cars it might make it more worth while.

Hoppah, any thoughts?

Nice idea.... maybe if you split up this whole mission into several more detailed missions it would spare some loadingtime since you don't have to wait for the map with al the events cause they are splitted into several missions. And if you fail the 3th emergencycall you don't have to start from the begin again.

But that's just what I think... maybe it's better to do keep them on one missionmap.

Guest ComputerCop
I have long wondered why the police cars are so damn slow, I mean, they are police cars though..?

I don't find them slow. They patrol really slowly on freeplay, but during regular patrols, theres no urgency/need to go fast. But when you've got em going to a call with the lights and sirens, I find them to be pretty quick. For almost any sort of call where fire or EMS is required, I send LAPD after dispatching fire trucks or ambulances, and LAPD always gets there first. Partly because LAPD is already patrolling whereas LAFD has to raise an alarm at the fire station, but even otherwise, LAPD arrives first most of the time.

I don't find them slow. They patrol really slowly on freeplay, but during regular patrols, theres no urgency/need to go fast. But when you've got em going to a call with the lights and sirens, I find them to be pretty quick. For almost any sort of call where fire or EMS is required, I send LAPD after dispatching fire trucks or ambulances, and LAPD always gets there first. Partly because LAPD is already patrolling whereas LAFD has to raise an alarm at the fire station, but even otherwise, LAPD arrives first most of the time.

Indeed... and if someone wants to go schumacherstyle with the patrolcars, remember that you can set the speed of each unit. Somewhere in the mod at units and then in the XML file of each vehicle. Correct me if im wrong :happy:

Indeed... and if someone wants to go schumacherstyle with the patrolcars, remember that you can set the speed of each unit. Somewhere in the mod at units and then in the XML file of each vehicle. Correct me if im wrong :happy:

lol schumacher style :laugh:

personally, i think the speed is just right.

Guest ComputerCop

Looks fantastic!! :D

For the second mission, you got any ideas of what its going to be like?

If I may make a suggestion, Eazyili had suggested a big freeway pileup caused by a high-speed pursuit (and one of the two suspects is injured, the other gets away), and after taking care of the accident, you have to apprehend the suspect. I'm not sure how much work that would create, but just an idea. If you read my addition to his idea in the other topic, the bad guy can run inside a gas station or wherever he is and takes hostages when a police unit comes within some distance of him. I think that would be adding too much though.

Either that, or a Hollywood bank robbery would be cool too.

Unless you someone else has a better idea :D

hey,

looks nice hoppah

and an idea for mission 2,

on youtube(see movie)i saw a police car do a pullover on a car,when there talking,another car slide's on it and there comes a massive crash(well,only the car that crashes into it,but you can make it worse :P )