Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Anyway to just make this a patch so we don't have to wait for 1.5??? No worries if not... but now that the idea is out there i really want to have it! :D

No, you have to wait till all other things are done. The stations on the Deluxe map is also a new feature and that still being tested. I want to add more stuff too, like that forest fire mission. :)

Guest CrazyLion425
No, you have to wait till all other things are done. The stations on the Deluxe map is also a new feature and that still being tested. I want to add more stuff too, like that forest fire mission. :)

danm! but understandable... I attemped to add it my self... I added the line in the vehicle xml files. then tried to edit the police officers so they could use it... but i really have no idea what i was doing and then after I did all that and tried to load the mod well it just crashed... No worries, I just uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it.

On a side note... i re skinned the light equipment truck and brish truck to U.S. forest Service trucks... you want to see a picture? more then welcome to take them and do whatever save you some time maybe?

Guest Robbyboy

Is it possible to make a building with more floors, so you've gotta save al the people trapped inside, extinguish all fires etc.? And you've gotta use the ladder to get inside because the front door is blocked, so you've got to let a firefighter make the entrance free, so your firefighters can enter the bulding. And also police gotta block the street, ask people to find out where victims are trapped, medic to take care of the victims and when all fire's are off rescue dogs to find more trapped victims. It's just a idea :D. But i don't think this is possible, maybe a large mall then, like the airport mission, but then different.

Guest Kingswat

Hoppah, if you need help testing before you release let me know, I was the lead alpha tester for a half life 1 mod and a lead beta tester for insurgency mod for half life 2. I'd be more then happy to help.

Guest Utrechtterror

damn we forgot to talk about that dzaz5awghcexzvtb3mvelodgy1.gif

you still have to send me those files

an idea to add to 1.5 to be more realistic... when no units are in a vehicle.... it shouldn't be able to move!... it's in other mods so it is do able!

I know it's realistic and do able. But I think it's very irritating when you can't move a car when you need one and there is no squad unit nearby. I am not going to add this as it will ruin some of the gameplay. Besides that, I think most people are against this idea. My cars are smarter than the cars where a driver is needed. :)

Hi,

October is almost over, so I thought to post some interesting information about the traffic usage of our database this month:

Top 3 most hits (= downloads):

downloadsgx3.jpg

As you can see, Los Angeles Mod v1.3 has been downloaded over 10.000 times this month! Followed by Los Angeles Mod v1.4 which has been downloaded more than 5.000 times in just 5 days! Quite interesting, isn't it?

Thanks to Stan for the information,

Hoppah

I just thought of a new feature for v1.5, but I'm not sure if it can be done. If it's possible,that's definitely something I'd add to the Federal mod, too.

In real life, SWAT units sometimes need to deploy as soon as they get out of a vehicle. Would it be possible to add a command to SWAT/army vehicles so that all the units inside will already carry a rifle when they leave the car? It would only be optional, though ; if you don't use the command, the units get out of the car without weapons, and have to take them from the vehicle (or take any other piece of equipment).

In real life, SWAT units sometimes need to deploy as soon as they get out of a vehicle. Would it be possible to add a command to SWAT/army vehicles so that all the units inside will already carry a rifle when they leave the car? It would only be optional, though ; if you don't use the command, the units get out of the car without weapons, and have to take them from the vehicle (or take any other piece of equipment).

That would be awesome. Usually when I call for swat the first thing I have them do when they get on the map is exit the vehicle, take up arms, then get in again and proceed to scene. Something like that would save a helluva lot of time!

Amazing! I loved the two new missions most of all! Please, could you add more missions? Your missions seem so much, so much better than the originals. Also, is it possible to make more missions in the free play mode? It would be awesome. It's too repetitive, and boring.. - perhaps riots in the street? or peaceful demonstration that you have to "watch" over which gets violent, or gets attacked by people. Perhaps illegal street racings. Drug dealings also.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Guest __Uknow__
Amazing! I loved the two new missions most of all! Please, could you add more missions? Your missions seem so much, so much better than the originals. Also, is it possible to make more missions in the free play mode? It would be awesome. It's too repetitive, and boring.. - perhaps riots in the street? or peaceful demonstration that you have to "watch" over which gets violent, or gets attacked by people. Perhaps illegal street racings. Drug dealings also.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Most demonstrations are peacefull :) never had one where they started to fight on their own

Guest CrazyLion425
some one can tel me here i can find the patch for the bomb squad for freeplay ???

there isnt a patch yet.... but you can change it yourself if you are a risk taker.... Happy Halloween btw... but you need to change a line. first open the file in this folder: Mods\Los Angeles Mod 1.4\Units\Vehicles\Police\230bombsquad

The file is called unit.xml you have to open it with notepad or Wordpad.

once open it needs to have numbers under campaign and freeplay that are missing and that is the problem... when its done. it should look something like this:

<unit id="SUV_BOMBSQUAD">
<campaign>
[color="#FF0000"]<missions value="1 2 3 4 13 15 9 8 5 17 12 14 7 19 10 6 18 16 11 20 24">[/color]
<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/suv_bomb_squad.e4p" />
<price value="1000" />
<speed value="120" />
<space value="2" />
<loadspace value="0" />
<personnel>
<unit id="BOMBSQUAD">
<defaultcount value="1" />
</unit>
</personnel>
<equipment />
</missions>
</campaign>

<freeplay>
[color="#FF0000"]<missions value="1 2 3 4 13 15 9 8 5 17 12 14 7 19 10 6 18 16 11 20 22">[/color]
<prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/suv_bomb_squad.e4p" />
<price value="1000" />
<speed value="120" />
<space value="2" />
<loadspace value="0" />
<personnel>
<unit id="BOMBSQUAD">
<defaultcount value="1" />
</unit>
</personnel>
<equipment />
</missions>
</freeplay>
</unit>

If it looks like that it should work. make sure to save it then try it out.

p.s. the red colored numbers are the ones that are currently missing from the file and preventing the unit from showing up in game play.

EDIT: DON"T LISTEN TO ME... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT... but i sware that i changed it at some point and it worked right for me. :s Yet still don't listen to me because I really have no clue. :huh: Listen to Hoppah because he knows what he is actually talking about.

Wrong, don't touch that file. Reason: The scripts of bomb squad work with object names. The Bomb Squad units can only disarm objects named "bomb" (freeplay bombs) and "m03_bomb" (that bomb in LA mod mission 3). Bombs in the original missions probably have other names, so bomb squad can't defuse them. That's why they're disabled. But Bomb Squad should be playable in freeplay with the mission patch. You need to edit freeplaybase files in the Specs folder:

Open freeplaybase.xml and/or freeplaybase_d.xml (Deluxe) with WordPad or NotePad and add the following line somewhere:

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/suv_bomb_squad.e4p" count="0" />

This will also be fixed in the next version of the LA mod.

Hoppah

I have one question.

Can I make polish language to your LA MOD 1,4 and public

because not everyone can understand English.

Please anser me.

You can do this:

Edit mod text files -> post them (ONLY the text files) in a .zip or .rar package on this forum. Use the attachement system for that. I will host those text files on my LA mod server for you.

I DON'T want you to release the mod as a Polish version. I have more than enough reasons for that.

Oh please, I ask again. This mod has everything, it's awesome and it will own even more when 1.5 is out. I ask to add more events to freeplay.. there could be lots like:

* gang fights

* traffic lights go out at a place, this time it requires more time fixing - so you need police officers on location redirecting traffic.

* lights went out at a part of city. patrol with cars and make sure no crimes are happening, maybe some crimes can happen.

* (at night maybe) 911 call of a shooting heard, or a robber seen running out of a place..

* riot in the street, blocking cars!

* some jackasses decided to block the road with his car, thus making making fights and a long trafficjam

* someone who is in the pd wanted list is at a certain place after police investigating, go get him.

* man drives with car on people on the sidestreets, or like where people are a lot..

* dangerous gas out in public, decontain(spell?) those who are affected and fix the problem! (either it can be someone doing it or a accident by pipes or something)

* bomb threat, evacuate - prepare fire department and hospital in case it's real and it explodes

* food poisoned at school, or work, or resturant - help the poisoned ones and take the owner in custody maybe.

* man stuck in elevator, lights off. rescue him!

* disco club on fire, help the ones who are trap! take out the fire

* extreme cold/hotness - help the ones who are feeling ill! take them to hospital! some people going crazy because of this, robbing, fighting etc!

* man bleeding for unknown reason, rescue him and search for any suspects trying to do this (may or may not exist)

* witness protection man has been found by the mafia and about to get killed. Protect him! Take him to the base (Go to his house) and take out any killers!

I got much more if you want! Don't add all, infact - you don't have to add any, but it would be awesome with some new events! This mod kick ass.