Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest firefighter092
Thanks to SHERIFF05 I've added the commands "Get Extinguisher", "Extinguish", "Cool", "Lift person" and "Unload person" to all police units. Almost all police vehicles have the extinguisher. Picture:

feature2hb7.jpg

The LAFD was too busy with the other forest fires; LAPD units are on their own.

Great, so now its just like real life where the cops always put out the fire or go running into the burning building without PPE and a BA to save someone before the fire department even gets there... :stupid::rolleyes:

Although i have to admit that if they didn't do that there would probably be a lot more fire victims (remember VICTIM=DEAD, PATIENT=ALIVE... or so my fire school instructor always said)

I have planned to change a lot of fire dept. vehicles for the next version (1.5). Thanks to MikesPhotos, I got some new photo's recently. Those vehicles will be much better and accurate. :)

Hey Hoppah, if you're gonna change around the fire units, then you might want to consider putting outriggers on the ladder truck(like on the crane). It would make the mod more realistic

Hey Hoppah, if you're gonna change around the fire units, then you might want to consider putting outriggers on the ladder truck(like on the crane). It would make the mod more realistic

Hey Hoppah, just thought I'd bring this to your attention. I know Mike said the LAFD uses tillers and I know you have said that you can't make a tiller cause you cant make trailers with physics. I thought that a mid mount tiller would be a little more realistic because it would look like a tiller. The thing is you would have to make a completely new model to make a mid mount ladder and that's alot of work for you, but like I said, I thought I'd just bring it to your attention

pierce mid mount ladder

Guest ComputerCop

The cops with fire extinguishers will be useful! :)

In real life, they do have them if I'm not mistaken. Usually, the police are the fastest to respond to a car accident or a minor call that may involve something catching fire. So at least while LAPD is waiting for EMS and FD to arrive, they can prevent the collided cars from exploding :laugh:

Hoppah, I have an idea for a v1.5 mission: Something similar to the famous North Hollywood Shootout, where LAPD have to respond to a bank robbery-turned-hostage situation.

Finally some news about my mod.

Some of you know that I'm busy with a forest fire mission. I wrote that there will be a powerplant on the new map, which you have to protect from fire. I changed my thoughts. It's going to be a military air force base!

That's why I've made a fighter plane. It's based on a real airplane which is still in use by the USAF. Picture:

airplanehm0.jpg

Who knows which airplane this is? :rolleyes:

Hints:

Hint 1: According to wikipedia there are still 224 of them in service.

Hint 2: According to wikipedia they were introduced in April 1988.

Hoppah

F-15E strike eagle :laugh:

Hoopah, could you make the F/22A raptor or F/35C Joint Strike Fighter... they're advanced fighter and attack aircraft... bit cooler than the strike eagle! :D

EDIT BY STAN: Use the edit function & read our tos to know why

what would be the point, you don't need it in any missions, and in freeplay there are hydrants everywhere. Unless you talking about an LAFD tiller (which they refer to as quints, I don't know why.), then that would be somthing to look into because woltep has seemingly created a trailer with physics.

The Los Angeles City Fire Department does indeed operate tillered truck companies but they do not refer to them as quints. What I believe you are thinking of is The Los Angeles County Fire Department which does indeed utilize tillered quints. For the most part, these are 75 foot aerial KME tillers with a pump and a tank, as well as the full complement of ground ladders, hoses, and extrication gear that one needs to qualify as a Quint. Unfortunatly, they have not been well recieved due to the difficulties in grabbing the hose lines as well as repacking them as opposed to on a traditional Engine in addition to the other compromises that come with a Quint apparatus. This is why both City and County run Light Forces of a fully staffed Truck and an engine with just one man so that they do not have to make the compomises.

The cops with fire extinguishers will be useful! :)

In real life, they do have them if I'm not mistaken. Usually, the police are the fastest to respond to a car accident or a minor call that may involve something catching fire. So at least while LAPD is waiting for EMS and FD to arrive, they can prevent the collided cars from exploding :laugh:

Hoppah, I have an idea for a v1.5 mission: Something similar to the famous North Hollywood Shootout, where LAPD have to respond to a bank robbery-turned-hostage situation.

PD with extinguishers will be a nice addition. An incident that stands out in my mind is from a few years back where a driver noticed smoke and coming from the engine compartment of his vehicle and decided to pull into the gas station as opposed to parking across the street in what was then a wide open dirt field. The Huntington beach PD were first on scene, even though this was next door to the CHP Westminster office, and expended 3 extinguishers before Orange County Fire Authority's Truck 64 (a 75 ft non tiller rear mount quint) arrived on scene. You can see a couple of pics of it here. I mostly took video that day which i still need to upload.

Also in response to the Los Angeles Air Force Base, you are quite right in saying that F-15's do not fly out of there. In fact, nothing does! Unlike most air force bases, this one does not include any aircraft but is the west coast home of the Space and Missile center. In addition to their role in developing ICBM's and other military missiles, they have accomplished many achievements in peaceful meterology and navigational systems.

You're right in saying that the nearest location to find an F15 would be Edwards AFB. Named after Test Pilot Glenn Edwards, Edwards is home to the USAF's Flight Test Center and is also the west coast landing site of the Space Shuttle. While not having a Fighter Wing permanently assigned, you can find virtually any and every aircraft in the US arsenal there at one time or another.

But in game it'd add a great element and can't wait to see it!

Mike

Edwards Airbase sounds like RAF Valley in the UK - infact it also gets visits from US aircraft

@hoppah - would it be possible to make a globemaster transports plane for airpase with its 'nose' lifted up during unloading - could have a terrorist mission to attack its cargo or something?

Some ideas for the freeplay map.

I've edited my own map so that units called from off screen take a more realistic amount of time to show up and don't just magically appear on the map edge. I personally like the realism this adds and was thinking you should incorporate this into the mod itself.

Police vehicles now take longer to show up inside the Police station, (which is good as well), but was thinking the CHP and LASD units should also come from off screen for additional realism. Perhaps a new entry point from the East side of the map?

Some ideas for the freeplay map.

I've edited my own map so that units called from off screen take a more realistic amount of time to show up and don't just magically appear on the map edge. I personally like the realism this adds and was thinking you should incorporate this into the mod itself.

Police vehicles now take longer to show up inside the Police station, (which is good as well), but was thinking the CHP and LASD units should also come from off screen for additional realism. Perhaps a new entry point from the East side of the map?

Not possible. There are vehicle types and each vehicle type has its own entry point (and/or exit). All patrol cars share the same vehicle type.

I just finished the ground texture for the forest fire mission. It's going to be a large mission, because the map has the size of the freeplaymap! Creating this map was a lot of work and quite stressful (my pc has troubles with large images), but I managed to create a nice map.

Preview (scaled down from original):

mapjh6.th.jpg

Size of original: 8192 x 8192 pixels (that's more than 66 million pixels total! lol)

You can see the airforce base on the left. There is a lake above it. You can also see where the houses of the village will be positioned. Fire will start somewhere on the bottom.

I don't have editor screens yet. I am going start with placing objects tomorrow.

Hoppah

Guest CrazyLion425

Hoppah,

I don't know if it is possible, but as i'm sure you know in real life forest fire crews use bulldozers to help cut fire lines through heavy forest... Is there a way to make the bulldozer in the game knock down trees?

Also the make is looking awesome, amazing job as always.

Guest haggibear
Yes, it's the F-15E Strike Eagle. :)

The F-22 Raptor is great too. But one airplane is enough. It's just decoration and the airbase won't be that large.

why not the best military plane su-27 or mig-29. and those are 10 times cooler than f-15 or f-22 :P:sporty:

Guest ComputerCop

I think we're getting too carried away with the fighter jet ideas :rolleyes:

It's not like you'll actually be able to fly the thing around! :P

Anyways, the jet and the map both look good, Hoppah! :D