Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that. :angry:

Or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that or this or that. :angry:

I will take that.

Great news!

I found out how to add polygons to a person model! I spend some time with Bass-ti to figure out how to add new polygons to animated (person) models last week. I always thought it wasn't possible to assign new polygons to an existing animation, but I was wrong! I have modelled a new hat for the CHP officer and assigned the new polygons to the animation set of the head. I did it completely manually, that means using NotepPad to add the polygons of the hat to the person and assign it to an animation set.

Picture of the new CHP officer.

chpzu0.jpg

I am also going to make a new helmet for the SWAT units and soldiers in the LA Mod. It's also possible to add things like backpacks to any person model now.

I've made a 'tutorial' about how I added the stretcher wheels to the paramedic model. Adding a hat or backpack works the same way, except that you assign the polygons to an animation set instead of a dummy set (= not animated). If people are interested I can release this. Note: Learning this will be very time-consuming and difficult and I won't provide much support. It's (far) more difficult than learning scripting or moddeling, so it will be for advanced (3d-moddelers) only. Like Bass-ti said: "Scripting is like playing with Lego compared to this" lol.

Hoppah

Sweet! If I can get through the "it's very complicated" part, I might be able to make those military paramedics I was planning to do.

Just one thing about your CHP officers... they look very nice, except that as far as I know, CHP officers don't have hats (unlike state troopers from other states). I've looked all over and never found any picture of a CHP officer with a hat on. Furthermore, even in "ceremonial" pictures (where sometimes police officers wear hats or decorations that are not part of their everyday uniform), CHP officers still appear hat-less. Maybe Mike can confirm if he sees this?

It would fit pretty good on a park ranger, though. Maybe an idea for V1.5, to assist the USFS in the forest fire mission?

CA Park Rangers

CA Park Rangers vehicles

Pickup @ Mike's Photos

Sweet! If I can get through the "it's very complicated" part, I might be able to make those military paramedics I was planning to do.

Just one thing about your CHP officers... they look very nice, except that as far as I know, CHP officers don't have hats (unlike state troopers from other states). I've looked all over and never found any picture of a CHP officer with a hat on. Furthermore, even in "ceremonial" pictures (where sometimes police officers wear hats or decorations that are not part of their everyday uniform), CHP officers still appear hat-less. Maybe Mike can confirm if he sees this?

It would fit pretty good on a park ranger, though. Maybe an idea for V1.5, to assist the USFS in the forest fire mission?

CA Park Rangers

CA Park Rangers vehicles

Pickup @ Mike's Photos

I'm don't know very much about CHP, but I'm pretty sure this is them.

http://www.diamondpicturegallery.com/CHP_3210.JPG

I'm don't know very much about CHP, but I'm pretty sure this is them.

http://www.diamondpicturegallery.com/CHP_3210.JPG

That is indeed them! The great men and women of the California Highway Patrol fought long and hard for the right to adopt what is known as the "Campaign Hat" as their official headgear in 1991. Per their regulations it is only to be worn when attending formal functions or at their discretion when conducting long term traffic control during daylight hours. What this means is that they virtually never are seen with one during routine duties and having asked a good friend of mine with over 20 years in the department, he can remember only wearing his once and that was to a funeral.

You can see and read more about their uniform here

Mike

So I should delete them? :(

I used this picture for the hat: click

The link MikesPhoto's posted also shows the basic uniform with hats.

btw, I just found this:

chp_charger.jpg

Article: click

Something to replace the CHP Camaro? :cool:

The CHP is constantly testing and evaluating new vehicles to see what is best for their Officers all along the state. I've personally seen everything from the Volvo S-70 to the Chevy Impala in CHP colors. The department has currently purchased somewhere along the lines of 80+ Chargers in both the V6 and V8 packages with 9 of them going to the Academy and a hand full to each area of operations for testing, training and evaluation. The remaining 70+ will be unmarked, and remain in factory paint for undercover operations.

In San Diego County, the charger has taken a good foot hold from the crown vic in numerous departments, and while the officers complain about the lack of space inside, they due tend to rave about its performance and overall use.

In regards to the Campaign Hat. The CHP website does indeed show their officers wearing the campaign, and even the fuzzy russian hat as well, but like I mentioned before, it is only authorized for long term traffic control and formal occasions. They just love to show it off because they're very proud of it. For some great detail shots of the hat, I recommend this website.

Hope that helps.

Wow! Just, wow... this is exactly what I thought was missing from the SWAT unit in the first place. Good job.

Seems you're right about the picture. You must have pretty good sources, I looked all over and couldn't find any pictures of them with the hat. But hey, you're right about the fact that they look nice and that it adds more variety.

Oh, and if you ever do that Dodge Charger... please send it to me as soon as it's done. :laugh: Possibilities are endless!

Great job Hoppah!

I have been serching, and thinking, if you could do a shotgun!?

ITHACA MODEL 37 SPECIAL LAPD

Ithaca%20Model%2037%20Special%20LAPD.jpg

The Ithaca Model 37 Special LAPD is an American 12-gauge pump-action shotgun developed for the Los Angeles police department and has a 5-round magazine.

What do you think?

Guest ranger211
I want to make some new sirens for FD and PD vehicles. So I watched some video's and I noticed that FD vehicles use wail and air horn tones alot and PD vehicles wail and more yelp tones. Based on those video's I'm going to make at least 4 new siren soundfiles:

FD SIREN 1: Wail/Horn

FD SIREN 2: Wail/Horn/Yelp

PD SIREN 1: Wail/Yelp

PD SIREN 2: Wail/Yelp/Priority

I will add a 'chance function' to the siren script so either siren 1 or siren 2 will be played when you move a vehicle.

But I can't add a trigger function so you will hear yelp tones at intersections. That's almost impossible to do.

Hoppah

haven't been on the forum for a while...i think that was my question about the intersection priority siren trigger. :unsure:

2 possible suggestions:

1. multiple sirens per activation - example. police vehicle moves, wail siren (siren 1) plays for...lets say, 10 seconds, then either "siren 2" or "siren 3" will play for....5 seconds based on the "chance function"...only reason for that is that i cant imagine listening to the priority siren for over 20 seconds without muting/punching my speakers. :6:

2. possible to trigger a yelp/priority when emergency vehicle pulls behind a civilian vehicle (uses same trigger as the code that tells the civilian vehicle to stop???) i remember a post a longgg time ago in which someone asked about having the civilian vehicle pulled over longer or something along those lines, which was explained as impossible.

one more thing...i remember posting a while ago about having the vehicles being able to "park" but still be able to be dispatched without patrolling/parked at station (this was prior to you adding the additional patrol routes) just wondering what happened to that idea

i haven't looked at the forum in over a month, but as always, i return to find Hoppah has outdid himself once again :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Thanks ranger211. I'll see what I can do. :)

Some more news something else:

I found out that more people are playing online than I originally thought. People are often playing with friends or clans with my mod. Winger contacted me some time ago about this. He changed some multiplayer stuff to add more variety to the mod. He added extra events to the map. He also copied some events from singleplayer freeplay to multiplayer. He has send me his changed files and I have added them to mod. This will add alot more fun and variety to multiplayer. Everything is tested and should work perfectly. The changed files will come with the next version of the mod. Thanks to Winger. :)

Hoppah