Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

@ FFEMTNecker:

There is a FAQ which has been made for (new) users. Maybe you looked over it, but there are alot of questions answered in the FAQ.

@ lala:

Nice idea, but there will be only one new mission in v1.5 (the forest-fire mission). You don't want to wait another long time for just 1 mission, do you?

@ Col. Ghost:

Adding more federal units would be awesome, but if Voodoo_Operator wants to make his own mod it's his decision. I allowed him to use some of my vehicles in return for some of his models. Even if we can make an agreement by adding his vehicles into the LA Mod, it won't be in v1.5.

LA Mod News:

I am almost done with the missionscript for the forest-fire mission. I can tell you more about the objectives:

You need to evacuate about 15 civilians from a village, protect a military airbase and the village from fire.

You also need to deal with some troublemakers who don't want to leave the village.

The mission will start with a short cutscene showing the village, the airbase where you will see a F-15E taking off and the fire.

The mission has some nice twists to make it more difficult and unpredictable.

If you have evacuated the civilians and extinguised all fires, something else will happen. That remains secret until release.

Hoppah

I wouldn't mind sharing some of the federal units with the LA mod, but fusing both mods wouldn't be a good idea IMO. Hoppah's LA mod would get overloaded with units that wouldn't necessarily be useful (like the ATF and the Border Patrol), and I wouldn't be able to eventually make coast-to-coast missions like I'm intending to (as I said before, the Federal mod missions will cover the entire United States. I'm already thinking about a few mission scenarios in Detroit, New York City and Texas).

However, if Hoppah agrees, I could send him a few federal units for the LA mod. I'm thinking the FBI would be a nice addition, and when i get to making the mobile command post, I could easily reskin it as the FBI Los Angeles Field Office truck.

LA Mod News:

I am almost done with the missionscript for the forest-fire mission. I can tell you more about the objectives:

You need to evacuate about 15 civilians from a village, protect a military airbase and the village from fire.

You also need to deal with some troublemakers who don't want to leave the village.

The mission will start with a short cutscene showing the village, the airbase where you will see a F-15E taking off and the fire.

The mission has some nice twists to make it more difficult and unpredictable.

If you have evacuated the civilians and extinguised all fires, something else will happen. That remains secret until release.

Hoppah

Definetly sounds interesting! Can't wait to see what the surprise is for sure! I couldn't help but shake my head and sigh at the same time regarding the troublemakers. California is one of the few states where "Mandatory Evacuations" are not mandatory! One of the most dangerous, and heart breaking parts of every SoCal Firestorm are the people who steadfastly refuse to evacuate the area and their homes and insist on protecting them with garden hoses and other ineffective tools. There is nothing we can do to stop it, we can neither arrest them nor force them to leave as long as they are on their own property or have the permission of the property owner. Unfortunatly this leads to some confrontations with emergency workers at times, and all too often the citizen realizes much to late that his efforts are futile and that he needs to evacuate. That shear audacity and at times, lunacy is the #1 cause of civilian deaths during the firestorm. You just can't outrun a fire. It is just that simple. Even with all of the tools at our disposal from Aircraft to Handcrews, and all of our training and practice, more often then not we're simply at the mercy of the weather and the terrain.

Guest firemanzac

To add to This: A squad can also refer to an organization such as a organizational Volunteer "Rescue Squad" such as "Wilson County Rescue Squad" or "Cumberland County Rescue Squad" both of which provide or provided not olny EMS services but also Medium and Heavy Rescue services. You will usually find these types of organizations in rural area's and are normally volunteer in nature with minimal paid or career staffing.

Next you will find the term "Squad" refering to a Heavy Rescue Type Apparatus that is often assigned to a Fire Department. Just because its called a Squad, does not mean it runs HAZMAT calls. The Fire Department "Rescue Squad" I run on is a Heavy Rescue with minimal (basically, just a start) Hazmat equipment. Our primary function is Search and Rescue on the Fire Scene, all types of vehicle extrications, most types of Technical rescue to include Water, Ice, Machinery and Trench as well as Collapse Rescue Support. We carry everything from Extrication equipment to wet suits to torches and Mini Jack hammers and we have all this (except the boat that we have to tow) on one "Rescue Squad". Check out our website and you can see our squad as well as what we carry by clicking on the compartments of the "Rescue Squad". www.bhvfd14.com

Another example I have seen is in Pennsylvania is where a "Squad" is Manpower olny Vehicle whose sole purpose is to transport personel to and from a Scene.

post-26-1198902483.jpgArt

The term "Squad" has a rich history in the fire service as a "Catch All" term. With most apparatus having a very definitive definition and specific requirements that are laid out in the Incident Command System Field Operations Guide, the term Squad is used to describe any apparatus that doesn't fit so neatly into those parameters. In most areas this means that it is an apparatus that doesn't have a pump or an aerial ladder, but like most things in the US Fire Service, there are always exceptions to every rule! In the FDNY, their squads are just like you said. In 1998, the FDNY decided to change some of their Engine companies over to a specialized role. Purchasing specially built Seagrave Midship Rescue Pumpers that could function as a regular engine company on most calls, they were also equipped with special HAZMAT and Ladder/Rescue company tools! By staffing them with Men and women who had HAZMAT Tech qualificatons as well as Engine and Truck Company training, they created a specialized response unit that was a jack of all trades. Unfortunatly though, with every "all-in-one" solution, you have compromise. Because of the staffing and equipment carried, it was no longer a normal engine company therefore it got the catch all term "Squad."

For Los Angeles County Fire, the squads are small pickup trucks that are staffed by 2 paramedics and carry ACLS medical equipment and a few Heavy Squads carry extrication tools as well. For Los Angeles City Fire, the squads are large HAZMAT apparatus that are staffed with 4 personell with specialized HAZMAT training, yet also respond to Structure fires within 1 mile of their station.

Hope that helps.

Mike

@ Stan - thanks, but i meant the lightbars themselves... not the entire mod with the vehicles that have the lightbars, ive already downloaded it obviously!

Hello everyone ;) Happy new year :) Greetings from small country in Europe near Baltic sea Lithuania. I have a lot of friends who are playing 911 first responders with your mod. It is super. Great job. It can be said that you created the new emergency game :)) I think Wizard Works or whatever must invite you to creating new games ;) Can i ask you when you planning to release mod 1.5 for em4? I can't wait for it:) Also i had idea to you website, you could add chat, i could create it to you, you just add HTML then, if you want to, contact me then :) Also if i could be useful for you with sounds etc. please contact me ;)

My email simonas@info.lt

I am going to suggest that you rephrase that...don't ask when a mod is going to be release, he will tell you when it will be ready. It violates the TOS and thats a bad thing. And happy new year and welcome to the forums.

hello and :welcome: to the forums

i dont think hoppah will add a chat on his site because i think hi have so much time.

about the release of LA mod 1.5:here is a list with what he have to do and what is done ;)

Done:

- Fire station, police station and hospital added to Deluxe freeplaymap.

- Fire Extinguishers added to police vehicles.

- Most police units can use fire extinguishers and carry persons now.

- Multiplayer events edited and specs changed. Thanks to Winger.

- New sirens.

- Hat added to CHP patrolman.

- New body & helmet for SWAT unit and National Guard.

- Events & Superevents files improved. Thanks to Mav1701.

- New vehicle: CHP Dodge Charger.

To Do:

- One new mission.

- Deluxe translation.

- Some new voices (battalion chief, pd helicopter, etc...).

- Bewaffnete Festnahme (Armed arrest) scripts from Woltep.

- Change of most FD vehicles.

Hoppah :)

happy new year too :)

Hi & :welcome: on our forum. A happy new year from our Staff ;)

Can i ask you when you planning to release mod 1.5 for em4? I can't wait for it:)

Quote from Hoppah's FAQ:

When can I expect the next version?

I don't work with a deadline or an exact release date.

The next version will be released when it's finished.

Just be patient and the check the forum for updates.

Also i had idea to you website, you could add chat, i could create it to you, you just add HTML then, if you want to, contact me then :)

Well we had a chat on the forum, even tought Hoppah and me decided to block support since it was put on here and we finally decided to remove it to avoid people whining for support there. We've got a forum for support related questions.

@ Stan - thanks, but i meant the lightbars themselves... not the entire mod with the vehicles that have the lightbars, ive already downloaded it obviously!

http://lamod.emergency-planet.com/download...0_by_Hoppah.zip

=)

He meant push Download ---> EM4 ---> Misc.

And people, please let the Hoppah get some time to finish up :) No need to rush. the next ver. will be out soon enough :) It's like christmas presents.. you can't shake them too much... you might destroy the contents :)

Hoppah, can i use some your scripts of my mod. Because i arent good to take scripts. But some scipts - i dont how take it..

So, if you can give those scripts, i put your name to my mod readme -file.

Hoppah, can i use some your scripts of my mod. Because i arent good to take scripts. But some scipts - i dont how take it..

So, if you can give those scripts, i put your name to my mod readme -file.

Sure, no problem. Which scripts do you want to use and for which mod?

Sure, no problem. Which scripts do you want to use and for which mod?

Mod is Finland mod. All Finland units ect.. First version of mod is finnish, but next 1.1 version all txts are is english.

I dont know, which scripts i use. Maybe i edit some scipts, like "back to firestation".

:1046275873_shakehead: Oops, I've posted this at the wrong place ... :1046275873_shakehead:

Hello, it's me again, I found something in the photos that I made when I was in California, just to show some other cars that I seen there :

An Amtrack-California Coach in use there :

usa2007445zm0.jpg

A postal van :

usa2007443gf3.jpg

A FlyAway Coach making a line between LAX and "I-don't-know-where-in-L.A." :

usa2007539kr8.jpg

Slick-top CHP cars:

usa2007515bb7.jpg

usa2007100blk2.jpg

I've took those pictures myself, I post them only as exemples of what you can find in L.A., just to have ideas, I don't care if they will (or not) ever appeared in the LAmod, Now, if you want me to post those pictures elsewhere, just say it ! :schreiben:

erroe

Guest firemanzac

Hoopah,

Just as a thought: Since the fire trucks themsleves carry small extension ladders (Not to be confused with the Ladder Truck), would it be possible for each fire truck (Engine/Pumper) to carry an extension ladder that can reach a second floor? It would be set up much the way that you would get the hose except that you would task two firefighters by clicking the ladder button, and then clicking on the spot on the ground that you would like to raise the ladder from. The two fireman would then carry the ladder over and then automatically raise it. This would allow personel, hose lines or other equipment to be carried over the ladder to say the second floor or the roof of a one story building. People could also be evacuated from the second floor or roof over this ladder to the ground below or, fire crews could take a chain saw, go to the roof, and then cut ventilation holes that could help prevent the spread of fire and release of smoke in the building allowing tjose with hose lines a better chance at getting to the fire.

You could even expand this farther by adding this button to the ladder truck (which in real life carries a bunch of these types of ladders of various size) allowing the crew from the ladder truck to throw ladders as if they would do in real life.

Just a thought :)

Art

No. The Charger is for the next version (1.5). Here's a list with all new features for v1.5:

Done:

- Fire station, police station and hospital added to Deluxe freeplaymap.

- Fire Extinguishers added to police vehicles.

- Most police units can use fire extinguishers and carry persons now.

- Multiplayer events edited and specs changed. Thanks to Winger.

- New sirens.

- Hat added to CHP patrolman.

- New body & helmet for SWAT unit and National Guard.

- Events & Superevents files improved. Thanks to Mav1701.

- New vehicle: CHP Dodge Charger.

To Do:

- One new mission.

- Deluxe translation.

- Some new voices (battalion chief, pd helicopter, etc...).

- Bewaffnete Festnahme (Armed arrest) scripts from Woltep.

- Change of most FD vehicles.

Hoppah :)

@ Kana:

You can use each script you want. I am not going to give support how to add them. Mention me somewhere in the readme of your mod for the script in case you're going to release it.

@ erroe:

I've moved your post to the correct topic.

Nice pictures, although I haven't planned to add a slicktop CHP car.

@ firemanzac:

Great idea, but it's not do-able. Even if I could make it possible that a ladder can be positioned in front of a building, fire fighters can't climb it. I have no clue how to make it work that 2 fire fighters can carry one ladder together. It would require new animations and that's not possible. :1046275873_shakehead:

Mod News:

I've changed the helmets for the fire fighters to make them look more like the American firefighting helmets.

Screenshot:

firefightersmu7.jpg

Hoppah

Guest firemanzac

Thanks for the though anyways Hoopa and yes, i agree, Those Are Sharp! Great Job :)

Edit by Hoppah:

Quote removed, it's irritating to see posts twice on 1 page.