Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest Garry1234

The Arrival of the great esteemed v1.5.....

Will bring droughts to an end.

Will Bring food to the hungry.

And Will bring smiles to many.

What the hell.... it aint gonna doing anything except keep us busy for more months to come!

Updates Hoppah?
any updates yet hoopah?
NO!

Quit asking those questions. You don't need to ask for updates... :mad:

When there are updates I will post them as soon as possible. When there are no updates, I won't post anything.

This is so annoying. Btw learn to type my username/nickname correctly.

Haha, hopser how about RC helicopters then ;) ? Would be a great addition. They are small and would fit in the trunk of a cruiser!

lmao

The level is dropping here.... Grow up and come back.

Hoppah

Guest andrewonice

Can anyone tell me if the LAPD has any of the new style Tahoes? I personally think they are the best looking new SUV. I think they would be a good addition to the mod as a police SUV or a battalion chiefs vehicle or something.

Picture Here

Hi, andrewonice thats image is forbidden.:(

Don't click on the image, as it is forbidden because of the referer.

Instead, copy the link and insert it into the address field (copy&paste), then it works. :)

I know what you mean, but Stan is right. I'm going for the realism. I haven't seen any ambulances with a completely red top. If you're talking about the striping on the back, according to Mikesphotos most new fire apparatus will have the striping.

The chevrons on the back of ambulances and fire apparatus are something that has been a topic of discussion in many forums. Here in the United States, we have a non-governmental body called the National Fire Protection Association that sets standards for Fire Fighting and Fire Protection throughout the country. While these are not laws, the standards are practically adopted verbatim by all agencies. The new NFPA 1901 standard that takes affect this year specifies that 50% of the rear of vehicles are to have a chevron in an alternating color reverse V pattern. The standard includes a list of allowed colors and other technical details for each type of apparatus and is easily found via google. LAFD has decided to take the proactive step of covering the entire rear of their ambulances with the chevrons for safety, but you can be pretty sure that chevrons will soon be turning up everywhere in the US on fire apparatus.

Mike

The chevrons on the back of ambulances and fire apparatus are something that has been a topic of discussion in many forums. Here in the United States, we have a non-governmental body called the National Fire Protection Association that sets standards for Fire Fighting and Fire Protection throughout the country. While these are not laws, the standards are practically adopted verbatim by all agencies. The new NFPA 1901 standard that takes affect this year specifies that 50% of the rear of vehicles are to have a chevron in an alternating color reverse V pattern. The standard includes a list of allowed colors and other technical details for each type of apparatus and is easily found via google. LAFD has decided to take the proactive step of covering the entire rear of their ambulances with the chevrons for safety, but you can be pretty sure that chevrons will soon be turning up everywhere in the US on fire apparatus.

Mike

So you mean its going to be on more than just ambulances? Wow, thats gonna look pretty cool.

So you mean its going to be on more than just ambulances? Wow, thats gonna look pretty cool.

Yep, here is a pic of LAFD's take on the new standard. Photo taken by John Gregory of the great site LAFirePhotos.

And here is LACoFD's take on the NFPA standard for engines.

Slowly but surely every apparatus will have the stripes, of course with the massive amounts of complaints coming in about driver fixation on the chevrons, and other issues with drunk drivers being attracted to them like beacons, who knows how long they'll remain.

Mike

I've never seen an engine painted like that, and most of the departments around here generally seem pretty quick to jump on anything new and shiny. How recently did they start doing this? Reminds me of the european trucks, guess it really catches motorists attention though.

I've never seen an engine painted like that, and most of the departments around here generally seem pretty quick to jump on anything new and shiny. How recently did they start doing this? Reminds me of the european trucks, guess it really catches motorists attention though.

Well I don't know where here is, but like I mentioned before, it is part of the new NFPA 1901 standard that came into effect at the first of this year. All new apparatus in the US will soon look like that.

Hoppah, if I catch any other apparatus with the new HiViz, I'll grab some pics for you.

Mike

Great job on the mod Hoppah. It's almost hard to believe that you do this for free, so I am very grateful to you.

Do you ever think you personally will mod a different fire/police department or just stick with Los Angeles? Not that I'm complaining about LAMOD, I just have never been to LA before (I'm an east coast guy)

Anyways the mod is awesome!

:1046275747_biggthumpup:

As promised I am changing same vehicle models/skins now. I just changed the red ambulance:

ambulancefc3.th.jpg

The striping and the white roof are new. Photo: Click

Thanks to MikesPhotos for his pictures and information.

Hoppah

okey, im practically inlove with that sweet new texture :wub:

but i noticed something. in front on the number plate, it says 101, but on the rear and top, it says 102?

anyway, Great job on the mod!

Edit: whats those 6 black dots on the roof?