Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest j5mello

rather than giving the cops an axe why not create a battering ram item that only swat can use???

(huh... axe shows up as incorrect in FF's spellchecker... interesting...)

Guest Bruce563

I am not sue if i will finish my translation before you have finished v1.5 because i have loads of coursework, but i am working my hardest to try and finish it and send it to you, and trying to make sure that you like it and use it in your mod hoppah.

Guest emochii
LOS ANGELES MOD

Planned additions v1.5:

- Fire station, police station and hospital added to Deluxe freeplaymap.

- Fire Extinguisher added to police vehicles.

- Police officers can use fire extinguishers and carry persons.

- Two new vehicles: USFS Engine & USFS Utility Truck

> New sirens

* One new mission: forest fire.

? Em4 Deluxe English text translation.

? Two new persons: USFS Fire fighter & USFS Fire fighter with SCBA gear

? Patrol command to Battalion Chief car

? Battalion Chief Command post (like in EM3).

? More parking lots at fire station (just to park vehicles of your choice, nothing more).

- Finished

> In progress

* Planned

? Possibility

Thats great, i was gona ask for a police station ^^, will it be like the fire station? that u park police cars in there?

Guest emochii
He means it's going to be like the police station in the regular 911 first responders map, some vehicles will just come from the garage and others will come from off the map.

aha.. cuz i think it would be great is it would be like the firestation ^^ or add more parking space for the police ^^

new idea can you add a quint to 1.5?

what would be the point, you don't need it in any missions, and in freeplay there are hydrants everywhere. Unless you talking about an LAFD tiller (which they refer to as quints, I don't know why.), then that would be somthing to look into because woltep has seemingly created a trailer with physics.

Guest medic534

Hoppah,

Nice new trucks, will be great to play with. I'm glad to see the command post and patrol command added for the batallian chief vehicle. Actually all the added features you have proposed will be awsome. Is there anything that could be done to make the mass casulty ambulance able to set up a mobile hospital like EM1 i think it was, sort of like the hazmat tent? Firefighters and police officers could go into the tent and get healed by a paramedic in the vehicle then walk out with full health? Can the mass casulty ambulance transport to the hospital instead of having to leave the map with them?

With the firehouse if you add parking spots for units outside can you make a command that allows you to park any game vehicle there? like click on the parking spot and "send unit to parking spot" or something like that. Now if you want to park units outside the firehouse they go to the firehouse with lights and sirens and sit in the parking lot with lights still flashing?

Also a nice addition, not necessary, but would be cool. If the police officers could call for coroner van.

If a function could be added to the ems vehicle to call for ambulance or mass casulty unit or coroner. It would sort of be like a batallian chief for EMS. An EMS supervisor vehicle? If an EMS supervisor could be added that would be cool.

Good work on everything, and I dont expect any of these changes soon, just ideas to throw around and see what others think. Keep up the good work, looking foreward to playing the forest fire mission.

Guest medic534

Found another neat feature under Mod for Federal Units. User Waltep created boat trailer logic and has it available for use. Would it be possible to pull the LAFD boat with the brush truck, light equip vehicle or batallian vehicle. Would be neat to use for the event where someone is attempting suicide by jumping in the water during freeplay.

Here is the link http://home.arcor.de/woltep/em/w.htm

Guest firefighter304

great mod hopp, been a great fan of yours since your em3 mods :1046275747_biggthumpup: ... i had a thought the other day for your V1.5 in em4... stolen vehicles is always a headace, because the only way to make them flee to to get the chopper on them... would it be possible to add a "Persue" option to the police cars such as the helicopter has the "Follow" option on it?

I meant with "? Possibility" that I am considering about adding that stuff. If I have enough time, I will. If the new mission takes too much time, I won't. So it should be "In consideration". My mistake.

Like I already said at least 10 times!:

I know how the trailer logic works. You can't send a vehicle + trailer from the menu. Do you have played that mission from Woltop? The boat trailer is already on the beach and you need to send a FGRT first to attach the trailer to the vehicle. That's the only reason I don't add a ladder and boat trailer, because that just s*cks.

A persue option isn't possible neither. I tried adding the follow function to police cars, but they get stuck in the vehicle they are following.

Maybe you can add automation to some stuff.. I don't know this is a bad idea at the same time it can be good. Like you are taking care of a huge car accident then some place is burning so it automaticly sends water tenders there.. maybe.. dunno :P

Either way, is it possible to remove that "Continue" in multiplayer? I don't have any ideas for 1.5 yet but I am sure I will.. maybe I add car parks for PD so you can "request backup" and they will come so your city doesn't get flooded with cop cars all behind each other following each other..

I haven't added it to my mod yet, so how can I post a picture. If you have played EM3 LA Mod you might know what I mean.

I am not going to add automatic stuff to my mod. What's the fun of engine's which are send automaticly?

I said it can be a good/bad idea either way what about hat Continue thing? i am just saying it's very stressful to have a big car accident, and fire maybe then someone dies and you need to send a ambulance , but again, it kinda removes the fun othe game maybe.

I said it can be a good/bad idea either way what about hat Continue thing? i am just saying it's very stressful to have a big car accident, and fire maybe then someone dies and you need to send a ambulance , but again, it kinda removes the fun othe game maybe.

I can't remove it completely, but maybe I can change the time.

Hey Hoppah, I love your MODS, just joined the site, Hoping to Donate, anyways i had a quick question, it seems like the vehicles in the EM4 mod look older (less Modern) Than the ones in the EM3 Mod, I work on a fire Department in the united states and our shift command vehicle is IDENTICLE to your equipment SUV in EM3. Thanks