itchboy

Itchboy's Model Works

Glad to see that you've got realistic sizes for traffic cars, and still nice looking vehicles. That's one thing I've seen a lot of when people make civil cars, is they're just as big and detailed, if not more, than some of the main units. Scenery isn't as important, and I'm glad you've picked up on that. I look forward to seeing this!

Glad to see that you've got realistic sizes for traffic cars, and still nice looking vehicles. That's one thing I've seen a lot of when people make civil cars, is they're just as big and detailed, if not more, than some of the main units. Scenery isn't as important, and I'm glad you've picked up on that. I look forward to seeing this!

What would be a decent polycount for scenery cars? Besides this, what parts or details would be unnecessary for the game?

Lotta people waste polys in the interiors, on the recessed body parts that you won't really see much.  When playing the game you're zoomed out a bit so you really don't get to see the underside, the lower portions of the bumpers, things like that.  In this game unlike GTA or NFS you're not on top of the car so you don't need to overkill the LOD on the lower portions of the car, they arent that visible anyway. Overcomplicating the mirrors or the bed of a truck, in your cars they are fairly fine as is.

nice little reduction and exactly what I meant too =)  The vehicle still looks about the same but lost alot of fat.

Nice to see this project coming to light, will be very useful for all US projects, I'll speak to all my contacts and see about getting you some more vehicles to add into it, I'd strongly recommend everyone in the community to combine their efforts for the combined good, I think this is an investment in mods of the future and will give aspiring projects a great starting point and rolling stock to work with.

Anyway excellent progress you have my full support and abilities as you need it.

P.S. when you come to release I'd advise replacing the protos of the original game (if that makes sense) as it'll allow teams and users to add this project straight into their mod without nay issues with re-assigning traffic.

Keep it up!

x

Thank you for your assistance. This is becoming a bit like our equivalent of the CCC that the Germans put out a few years ago. The Manhattan Mod uses the CCC traffic cars right? Well..I've sorta replaced the protos. But its partial ATM..

Here it is in my LA Mod.

https://imgur.com/a/0wTfu#0

Very very nice, keep up the good work.

p.s. a 2014 and 2006 Dodge Charger to scale with the rest of the civil cars would be a great addition (the one in most mods currently is too small in comparison and looks weak haha)