bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

i would like to see another small fire station or a ems station

I'm thinking I could add an extra garage for the brush truck and an ambulance, and then put some additional fire unit next to Engine 2 in the original station. Do you think that would be enough to cover the current map?

Another station or more spots in the current station

See my reply to riverking above

Yea a new map if you can please? :)

As for the bugs ill do a quick bug test when I'm next on my pc:)

Let me know what you find!

Either get a new map or put the old stations back, its hard to cover part of LA with the emergency services of a small town. And fixing the call out script bugs would be my first priority.

See my reply to riverking at the top

I agree a new map would be good. 

See my reply to TacticalRooster below

I would say map editions (if possible cuz I know it's a lot of work) and definitely an EMS station.  I usually just have my ambulances patrol because I don't have anywhere to park them.

I'm thinking about heavily editing the existing map - I'm talking new floor skin and new paths and as many new models and buildings as I can fit in, in a map based off the teaser picture I posted a while ago.

Also planning on upping unit speeds when responding and seeing if I can create/edit a script or other gameplay aspect so that traffic stops and yields to emergency vehicles.

Also, there would be a lot less vehicle traffic (small town) and more foot traffic. So that would also lead to faster response time.

Any suggestions for the new map? What buildings/areas do you want to see?

I would say remove the brush truck all together from the main map unless you plan to add a large urban area with a lot of grass or trees.  It just doesn't make sense to have a brush truck within that type of map.  I would say put a ladder or a tender within that spot.

Personally I think you can handle it with two engines or a tender and a engine and just slow down the call volume that's all.

Either way it is a great map.

Yeah for a rural map a tanker/tender would be great. Also if you could put the limited water supply logic in it that would be wonderful. As for new buildings there are quite a few small house models in the game already from the map and missions to make a decent rural map aren't there? After all it wouldn't have as many buildings as the city...

Bama you are working on a new version that's' AWESOME. I think for a new map as everyone is suggesting just not mentioning why not use the original map like in the Limited Water Supply Release? It's a little more Rural feel to it & it would be great to see the Tanker with your units & the unfinished Rescue. Only correction I would like to see is the Battalion Chief returning to the station & maybe more rigs on map as you have mentioned.

What kinds of issues with Call scripts are folks having? I've got a good handle on those after all the tweaks I've done to a private LA submod.

sorry couldent be botherd typing before the two I've seen is I think it was the ALS engine that purchased a new one automatically even tho there was already 3off map and the other one I think was the BLS engine which came up with an error

So after reading this, I've found a good list of logical and wanted additions:

1.  EMS garage

2.  Larger fire station (personally, I'd like one more bay for maybe the rescue or a tanker [a new Freightliner or International model would be nice, too, lol])

3.  Fixed callout script

4.  Map editions (what you said, bama, would be great!  The map in the teaser was a good idea for a rural map.)

5.  Limited water supply (I think Hoppah made it fairly easy to add...)

What do you guys think?

So after reading this, I've found a good list of logical and wanted additions:

1.  EMS garage

2.  Larger fire station (personally, I'd like one more bay for maybe the rescue or a tanker [a new Freightliner or International model would be nice, too, lol])

3.  Fixed callout script

4.  Map editions (what you said, bama, would be great!  The map in the teaser was a good idea for a rural map.)

5.  Limited water supply (I think Hoppah made it fairly easy to add...)

What do you guys think?

Combining 1 & 2.

#3 I'm definitely aware of and will be fixed in the next version

#4 I'll probably rework the entire map with new textures and buildings

#5 I'll talk to Hoppah about that when I get a chance but that's not really a priority. I do agree it sounds cool though.

sorry couldent be botherd typing before the two I've seen is I think it was the ALS engine that purchased a new one automatically even tho there was already 3off map and the other one I think was the BLS engine which came up with an error

Can you PM me with specifics about these bugs?

Adding a tanker in would be cool make it more rural.

Definitely will be a tanker in the next version

As for the Limited Water mod, I wouldn't say it's simple to add, but far from impossible. The scripts are pretty much drag, drop, replace (though a few things in othe LA scripts regarding firehose commands have to be tweaked). Then it's just a matter of editing your engines to the new standards (vehicle type must be GTF, and various child objects are needed) and creating new dummy vehicles to be used for the new deck gun method. If you want to do customization after that, it may become slightly more complicated.

I've got it fully implemented in my personal LA mod, thanks to Hoppah squashing a few remaining bugs, though he hasn't released those fixes for the demo mod. My scripts are set up to be easily customized, and my vehicles fully set up; if I get Hoppah's permission, I could put them up somewhere for others to work from.

Curious, which bugs are the ones you think are highest priority for getting fixed, and what additions would you like to see in the next version of the mod?

Personally I haven't really found any major bugs, except for the fire chief one.

I don't care so much about the "limited water supply" addition, it is nice but it isn't a necessity for me..

I think maybe a couple more fire trucks/ems at the/a fire station would be pretty cool, instead of always calling out more fire trucks and stuff like that. 

I also would be more interested in seeing some new events, rather than a whole new map, because maps take forever and we may never see the next version if we ask for too much :P

I personally like the idea of keeping the mod a "small town mod."

I'd recommend slowing down call volume (I do on all my mods) and making the map feel more rural, with some more open areas with brush for grass fires and more residential. If your going to add the current station I would add a Water Tender/ Tanker. Maybe you could build a EMS station at the hospital or another part of the town with a ambulance and a supervisor. 

I would say edit the map to give it more of a small town feel. I'd also recomend adding a third bay on to the station and putting a secound engine or an tanker in the station and then moving the station closer to the middle of the map.

Guys if you read bama's reply to tactical rooster's, gunswat's, and CFDDive11's posts you would see that he already addressed these wishes. 

Guys if you read bama's reply to tactical rooster's, gunswat's, and CFDDive11's posts you would see that he already addressed these wishes. 

Combining 1 & 2.

#3 I'm definitely aware of and will be fixed in the next version

#4 I'll probably rework the entire map with new textures and buildings

#5 I'll talk to Hoppah about that when I get a chance but that's not really a priority. I do agree it sounds cool though.

Can you PM me with specifics about these bugs?

Definitely will be a tanker in the next version