bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Here's the deal with fires.

You have several controls.

a) What material the building is made from, 

This dictates several factors, like if the object will explode, how long it burns, if it needs cooling etc.

b) Editing the actual material, opening the materials.xml or the material editor in the Em4 editor, shows each material and all of its parameters, such as combustion, burn time and the afore mentioned.

c) The rate at which the fire spreads is dictated by fireobjects, these again are in the editor, the big yellow orb, with a red one inside. This sets where the firefighters aim their nozzles and also where the fire is emanating from. The fire you see is just an effect, this is the actual fire in game, it's virtual. The virtual fire has a main source (the red orb) and then a radiation layer (the yellow). Fire is passed through this heat radiation, to another fireobject, that's why in the base game the orb is usually as big as the building.

So in short depending on what aspect of the fire you want to change, change the specific aspect.

E.g. in the Manhattan Mod, we have a very minimal fireobject size, to avoid the entire map being engulfed, but we set the combustion and burn time high. This left us with one, maybe two buildings on fire, with minimal chance of it spreading and taking a long time to extinguish.

Hope this made sense, hope it wasn't too off topic :)

Dyson

x

p.s.

There's no Materials.xml file in the specs folder, I already checked that. 

Any files that you cant find in a mod that you wish to edit, copy them from the base game into the equivalent mod folder and then edit it.

Here's the deal with fires.

You have several controls.

a) What material the building is made from, 

This dictates several factors, like if the object will explode, how long it burns, if it needs cooling etc.

b) Editing the actual material, opening the materials.xml or the material editor in the Em4 editor, shows each material and all of its parameters, such as combustion, burn time and the afore mentioned.

c) The rate at which the fire spreads is dictated by fireobjects, these again are in the editor, the big yellow orb, with a red one inside. This sets where the firefighters aim their nozzles and also where the fire is emanating from. The fire you see is just an effect, this is the actual fire in game, it's virtual. The virtual fire has a main source (the red orb) and then a radiation layer (the yellow). Fire is passed through this heat radiation, to another fireobject, that's why in the base game the orb is usually as big as the building.

So in short depending on what aspect of the fire you want to change, change the specific aspect.

E.g. in the Manhattan Mod, we have a very minimal fireobject size, to avoid the entire map being engulfed, but we set the combustion and burn time high. This left us with one, maybe two buildings on fire, with minimal chance of it spreading and taking a long time to extinguish.

Hope this made sense, hope it wasn't too off topic :)

Dyson

x

p.s.

Any files that you cant find in a mod that you wish to edit, copy them from the base game into the equivalent mod folder and then edit it.

Thanks for the info, but I copied your Materials.xml file from Manhattan Mod and then put it in the specs folder of the Montana mod and loaded up the game it was extremely laggy and then crashed before I could load the mod, so how should I edit it to prevent this from happening and make it work? 

Thanks for the info, but I copied your Materials.xml file from Manhattan Mod and then put it in the specs folder of the Montana mod and loaded up the game it was extremely laggy and then crashed before I could load the mod, so how should I edit it to prevent this from happening and make it work? 

The materials wont lag the game out, sounds like you just had a particularly laggy game, the materials from the Manhattan mod wont really work too well with this mod, I'd advise using the LA's or the original games and editing them. The fireobjects is what you need to edit treally.

The materials wont lag the game out, sounds like you just had a particularly laggy game, the materials from the Manhattan mod wont really work too well with this mod, I'd advise using the LA's or the original games and editing them. The fireobjects is what you need to edit treally.

Well i've been able to play the game without lag then suddenly when I put the Materials.xml into it it then lags? I will try the LA mods material.xml file.

Well i've been able to play the game without lag then suddenly when I put the Materials.xml into it it then lags? I will try the LA mods material.xml file.

The materials file is about 35kbs in size, it also doesn't add anything to that game, if that lags your computer then it must be from the 90s ;)

Would it be possible, that in the future, you could add something similar to the "US Army Mod", in which one has the option to pause/start when the next mission starts in freeplay? That way it is easier to manage, and we could fully enjoy all details and take time to answer calls.

disable all calls load mod do what u want save then reable the calls and load saved game (will tidy later haha)

Would it be possible, that in the future, you could add something similar to the "US Army Mod", in which one has the option to pause/start when the next mission starts in freeplay? That way it is easier to manage, and we could fully enjoy all details and take time to answer calls.

The Army mod takes a completely new direction when it comes to events, using Campaign scripting instead of freeplay mode.

I put original Materials.xml into specs folder and I don't see a difference. 

Yes because when a file is not specified in a mod folder the original is used, so basically you've just added the same file again, you now need to edit that file, which takes a lot of fine tweaking to get the desired effect, but you're still not going to get the main effect you want unless you adjust the fireobjects like I said

Yes because when a file is not specified in a mod folder the original is used, so basically you've just added the same file again, you now need to edit that file, which takes a lot of fine tweaking to get the desired effect, but you're still not going to get the main effect you want unless you adjust the fireobjects like I said

Ok, so how high should I set the combustion and burn time to? 

Extremely good mod! Full HD, if I can say so :happy:

I hope to see Sheriff/CCPD SWAT team and a station wagon for the county police in next patches. Therefore, it would be fabulous to see a function for the county police to change their dressing to riot gear and new icons in the menu.
Also it is interesting to make a brief description of law enforcement agencies as I cannot see the difference the between county police and county sheriff offices. Is it like the sheriff's office acting as bailiff and prisoner transport services or is it the same as CCPD?  

Extremely good mod! Full HD, if I can say so :happy:

I hope to see Sheriff/CCPD SWAT team and a station wagon for the county police in next patches. Therefore, it would be fabulous to see a function for the county police to change their dressing to riot gear and new icons in the menu.

Also it is interesting to make a brief description of law enforcement agencies as I cannot see the difference the between county police and county sheriff offices. Is it like the sheriff's office acting as bailiff and prisoner transport services or is it the same as CCPD?  

The way it works in some areas, County Sheriff's mainly deal with prisoner transports..basically like corrections . I know thats how it works up in Canada but im not sure how it works in the mod. 

I suspect its based on the way the Sheriff's Department works in most parts of America: the Sheriff's Department has jurisdiction over the whole county and security for the courthouse while the city police departments stop at the city limits. That's how it is everywhere I have ever lived at least.

I suspect its based on the way the Sheriff's Department works in most parts of America: the Sheriff's Department has jurisdiction over the whole county and security for the courthouse while the city police departments stop at the city limits. That's how it is everywhere I have ever lived at least.

Yes, that's the same case with my area.  The Sheriff runs out of the county building/jail.  I believe the SWAT team in the area is regional though, as they're the NW Indiana Regional SWAT (as it says on the truck).  I have seen them training though and it seems like they collaborate with the county Sheriff.

So yeah, in my area, Sheriff usually responds to unincorporated areas or to larger calls in general.

The CCSD provides transport, crowd control and mutual aid services. The CCPD provides normal police service to a number of the cities in Chester County, because the cities are mostly very small or unincorporated, it's cheaper and easier to run a county-funded police service based out of substations in or near those towns. The same concept applies to CCVFD.