goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

They're used because they work like vans, but they're more aerodynamic, better on fuel, and cheap-ish considering the size. A lot of people like them because they're roomier than a van, and cheaper than a truck. I personally like a lot of euro-designs. Some of our stuff is too big, it's a waste of resources, just to say, I'm huge.

Sprinters could be the new econoline, but for this time, they're still a rarity in service

I know for a fact that Vancouver Police has one or two, I saw one of them a couple of days ago.

correct they have 2,one is a DUI unit and the other is a paddy wagon.New Westminster police and the BC Sheriffs also have some in their fleet.

have you guys got any mapping help yet and has cfd got his computer back?

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

^^ All the units are pretty much done,CFD needs to light them once his PC is ready.We are still actively seeking map and scripting help and searching and watching tutorials in case we have to start the work ourselves.

I still need to make a skinned officer for the other police services and the same with the 4 other fire departments.Lots of civilian cars and trucks to westernize too.

Nothing has changed,I will as always update you when the need arises...I have not heard from CFD since the beginning of May so he may be away working as he informed me he would be.If I hear from him I'll let you know or if he comes on the site he can update you,till then it's status quo.

I just keep doing my stuff when I get time and I'm sure once he's ready he will get back to giving the units life with lights.

BCAS will have 4 Sprinters on a trial basis,2 will be Demers Sprinters as the model I have and the other 2 will be Sprinter Crestline as pictured below

.All 4 units are on trial basis and will be used for transfers only,if positive reviews they may make it into the general fleet.

I don't mind the Crestline with the Sprinter cab,it looks more North American,as long as they don't have those hideous lights on the ambulance.

hey goog or cfd where do you get the surrey fire models ems and police models?

Some are nnicos,some la mod Hoppahs...alot I made with model edits in zmod.

About a year ago I did some stealth skins(charger and cvpi) in our O.P.P. submod project and forgot all about them untill ausavin26 did some today.I always wanted to include one in the RCMP project but as far as I know, none of the police services in the lower mainland (except Port Moody,but I already did their gen duty unit) have stealth vehicles in their fleet.

So I have decided to turn the supporters gift umpc cvpi into a special edition RCMP stealth unit.This unit will have the special skin,unique CFD light package and sirens.It will only be available to our long time supporters and members that support us with the fan banner.

here's some shots of the vanishing stealth decals

Em42012-05-2818-40-41-98.jpg

Em42012-05-2818-40-21-53.jpg

Em42012-05-2818-41-14-03.jpg

Em42012-05-2818-41-31-09.jpg

here's a day/night shot

Em42012-05-2818-40-47-59.jpg

Em42012-05-2818-56-29-87.jpg

Awesome work with the stealth unit. Although I wonder how many people overnight will suddenly have an RCMP Mod Banner now...

New supporters are always :welcome: ,but I know who's been here from the start and those who are our most ardent supporters and we won't forget that.