goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

There will be 2 umpc cvpi's,1 Dodge Charger umpc,2 Tahoe umpc's(1 is a K9) and possibly an umpc Impala.The picture on page 1 has changed a little as I have trimmed a few units from the fleet.There are also 2 Excursions and a E350 van that are ERT.

Em42012-04-1514-02-54-15.jpg

If I remember correctly from earlier discussions, there won't be. The major reason, is that to the best of my knowledge almost nowhere in Canada actually still uses tillers. Most of our ladders are straight ladders mounted to the truck, (based on toronto's naming) either an aerial (only ladder), a platform ladder (aerial ladder with bucket on end) or a tower ladder (articulated boom, with bucket on end, and a ladder attached to the side of the boom).

Hope it helps

Is there Going to be a FD ladder Tiller? In the pics on page 1 I didn't see one.

askjeeves explained it well,there are no tillers in any of the lower mainland cities.Lots of tower ladders though...

We can make a marked version easily, as we have the model. But what purpose can it serve for this modification? If you are thinking prisoner transport - The BC sheriffs paddy wagon will assume that role.

But to answer your question, we do have one made as a unmarked bomb squad.

They use the van mainly as a prisoner transport,so we chose the other alternative of using the van box version instead.Also I found the chevy van model was weird looking as it got narrow towards the rear of the vehicle.Here is the paddy wagons we will use.

post-17160-0-85646100-1334625751_thumb.j

post-17160-0-43122400-1334625754_thumb.j

Very good! I've noticed that most Richmond RCMP vehicles do not have pushbars, but whatever.

Most have them yes, but not all. In fact, I'm pretty sure majority of them don't. I was in richmond not too long ago and majority of the units I saw had no push-bar.

Is there Going to be a FD ladder Tiller? In the pics on page 1 I didn't see one.

If we had them, we'd sell them. They're a waste of money, space, and resources. I haven't heard anyone in the department say they want a tiller.

We have Towers, Ladders, and Quints. All of those are a lot better than a tiller. :)

Most have them yes, but not all. In fact, I'm pretty sure majority of them don't. I was in richmond not too long ago and majority of the units I saw had no push-bar.

If we had them, we'd sell them. They're a waste of money, space, and resources. I haven't heard anyone in the department say they want a tiller.

We have Towers, Ladders, and Quints. All of those are a lot better than a tiller. :)

Most of the push bars iv seen are on the GMC Tahoe for obvious reasons

Okay what aer you talking about if we had them we'd sell them?

1) they are not a waste of money if you actually have a practical use for them.

2) please tell me how they are a waste of space?

3) and again please tell me how they are a waste of resources

the reason why we have Towers, Ladders, and Quints is because they have pumps in them. Tillers don't. That is why.

Okay what aer you talking about if we had them we'd sell them?

1) they are not a waste of money if you actually have a practical use for them.

2) please tell me how they are a waste of space?

3) and again please tell me how they are a waste of resources

the reason why we have Towers, Ladders, and Quints is because they have pumps in them. Tillers don't. That is why.

To avoid spamming the thread with our discussion, I'll reply to this via PM, if you'd like. Out of respect.

Before this turns into a flame war, we as a staff discourage deadlines, because of asinine comments like that guy. If it were me, I'd push back the release date by one week for every douchebag comment about how I wasn't meeting the forum's standards.

Either cough up enough of a salary for them to quit their jobs so they can work full time on this, or wait, like everyone else... There is the option of creating your own, but I highly doubt that it'll be used. Let them work at their pace, and enjoy it when you're given, greedy forum members

On topic - here's a footage I recorded with my IPhone of Tender's WIP lights.

Off topic -

How long did it take for Hoppah to finish his first LA mod? Probably took a few years to be where he is now.

The longer it takes, the better quality gets. If we get this done before 2013-2014 this mod would then turn into a whole new game with a new map.

If we release in a few months, it'll harm us badly because the production will be half-assed and

sloppy. You would only be able to commander the vehicles in LA MOD. I'm sure most of you don't want this to happen...

I'm sorry that the original release date was not met but it was was expected.

If you have any modeling skills, mapping expierences or texturing, feel free to ask us if you can be part of the team - the bigger the team gets, the closer the release date becomes...

rcmpposter.png

This is for clarification,This poster was done by CFD and a date was added for work that at the time might have been done.Since that poster release,we decided a map was crucial with new missions and scripting.

This mod will not be done in the next few months,we will take all the time needed for a working bug free project.The poster if you read it carefully,clearly states that the release date was tentative.

Any more questions about release dates or progress fishing will be directed to a moderator.We always share what we are doing,if it's quiet on the boards,it means we are busy or nothing is happening...to ask for updates at that point is only annoying.