goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

I've seen one in person and on all the videos they have only all red/white/yellow,I think it's the fact that their not allowed traffic stops in BC so no red/blue combo.However I think Kelowna or Kamloops is doing a provincial trial using them for traffic duties so they will change province wide if successfull.The afformentioned units in that trial city may have red/blue to stop traffic,not sure on that though.

I've seen them lurking on the highway by Second Narrows and Lions Gate Bridge with their radar guns. They've got a place to chill in North Vancouver on like... 22nd and St. Georges, it's the Provincial Court of British Columbia and there's always the Challenger and the Tahoe sitting there.

I'm pretty sure they do traffic, but I'll ask my friend who may have worked along side of them in the police force.

everything I have seen points to only court duties as laid out in the BC Sheriffs Act law

http://www.bclaws.ca...ide/00_96425_01

EDIT according to rule 6.1(1)(b) states they are responsible for:the roads, streets or lanes immediately adjacent to a court facility or to the grounds or other areas referred to in paragraph

-hence I could see a speed trap outside the court building

They are however considering it and as this 2010 article states,it could have been implemented since,but as far as I saw it was only a trial in Kelowna or Kamloops first.

http://www.canada.co...ef-2df826cdcbaa

EDIT-it wasn't an integrated road safety vehicle you saw?they do speed traps and dui hunts

roadsafetyunit.jpg

I'm just curious, Does having realistic, authentic lights affect your gameplay performance positively because the presence motivates you to play your role in-game realistically as if was a real life situation? Does it give you a thrill of excitement because it almost looks real at night?

Do you feel stastified with the light jobs that we have made, because they look nearly identical to the actual LED lights that you would see on your hometown emergency services fleet? For research, give us your input on this.

Absolutely. I would never play a mod with crappy lighting or vehicle modelling. The lights are unreal on this mod!

Now as for "Do you feel stastified with the light jobs that we have made, because they look nearly identical to the actual LED lights that you would see on your hometown emergency services fleet?" Absolutely YES! But I haven't seen the Burnaby RCMP CVPI yet, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

If something happens like emergency situations on the roads; Do they direct the roads or they are just trapping the bad guys who drive fast ? :happy:

That's why the BC government is considering it as traffic stops generally lead to more serious crimes(ie:drugs,weapons and such).So now they are no longer just "traffic"only.

The RCMP just signed a new contract with the municipalities of BC,so the Sheriffs role expanding may not happen.Could have been a ploy by the BC government to start their own provincial police force in the contract talks.

Absolutely. I would never play a mod with crappy lighting or vehicle modelling. The lights are unreal on this mod!

Now as for "Do you feel stastified with the light jobs that we have made, because they look nearly identical to the actual LED lights that you would see on your hometown emergency services fleet?" Absolutely YES! But I haven't seen the Burnaby RCMP CVPI yet, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

The Burnaby unit has been switched to the supervisor slicktop,most of the Burnaby units are using the legend lightbar so it will be the same as the Surrey unit.

The Alberta Sheriffs first started out doing Courts protective services, transport prisoners, and jail. Now they've grown into a full scale Traffic enforcement branch. I have a cousin who is with the Alberta Sheriffs traffic unit, said that the majority of the RCMP members in Alberta transferred into the Sheriffs within the past few years because of better benefits, technology and jurisdiction enforcements.

I can see BC Sheriffs doing traffic enforcement once the BC RCMP contract expires. It's starting to become obvious that they are following the footsteps of Alberta Sheriffs.

this was from that article...

Rob Gordon, a criminologist at Simon Fraser University and former police officer, believes Alberta set up its Sheriff Highway Patrol to ease the transition to a provincial police service, but then decided to stick with the RCMP.

"I think what they've ended up with is, quite frankly, a bit of a mess, because they've obviously changed their mind, but they've made some kind of commitment to the sheriff service in Alberta," he said. "So they're stuck with this bizarre hybrid model."

Gordon said he knows the B.C. sheriffs' service has been pushing for expanded duties for some time. But he was surprised to learn the government is taking a hard look at it.

"I didn't know they were actually seriously considering it here," he said.

The BC Attorney General was quoted as saying that it is the BC Sheriffs union that is pushing this to get higher wages for members.He also said they are not trained as well as police officers and if they want to be cops they should become policemen and go to police academy.

Supervisor Car :D Ooo Yea. One more question; Does RCMP use it for prison transportations ?

normally the supervisor does just that,supervises the shift and on duty members.But if in his duties he needed to arrest somebody,he would as any normal member and transfer in his car.

I knew it was a Magnum :D Are you doing that...Silverado?

for now highly unlikely but as a future add on most definately.

Minor detail...thanks for the heads up.My older version had the correct shade of blue,when I re-did these new skins I must have overlooked them.

They're all changed now.

Just to add to the Sheriffs thing, the way I have seen it work here is that the sheriff will pull someone over that has commited a traffic violation, then radio the RCMP to notify them, then as soon as the RCMP arrives on scene the sheriff leaves, I have seen this entire proccess infront of my apartment. I mean even if the sherriff does not issue tickets, im pretty sure most people will pull over if they see a sheriff behind them, in that case they wait till the RCMP arrives. As for the lights damn good impressive, and bealive it or not CFD, lighting is what makes or breaks a mod, second is the gameplay.

Thank you all for your feedbacks in regards to light realism. I believe that we have accomplished that part of mission, lol.

Would it be okay if we added one blue light in the rear of the BC sheriffs. Something like the NYPD concept - All red forward and some blue on the rear. I know in real life BC sheriffs are still using all red, but personally im not fond of it. Who here agree with the improvisation? If yes, I can ask Todd to add some blues in the rear bar.

Thank you all for your feedbacks in regards to light realism. I believe that we have accomplished that part of mission, lol.

Would it be okay if we added one blue light in the rear of the BC sheriffs. Something like the NYPD concept - All red forward and some blue on the rear. I know in real life BC sheriffs are still using all red, but personally im not fond of it. Who here agree with the improvisation? If yes, I can ask Todd to add some blues in the rear bar.

I say no. Keep it like real life, I don't want to be driving a BC Sheriff's Car with Red/ Blue to rear and think "Oh in real life, this car is ALL RED". My suggestion is make 2 versions, one fictional and one real. :)

I say no. Keep it like real life, I don't want to be driving a BC Sheriff's Car with Red/ Blue to rear and think "Oh in real life, this car is ALL RED". My suggestion is make 2 versions, one fictional and one real. :)

I respect that. Todd and I have agreeded on making two seperate BC Sheriffs CVPI, in which one will have red/blue lights for fanasty.

Here's Todd's progress on the Richmond RCMP CVPI :

Edit - sorry, will update when Todd finishes up.