goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Most of you are wondering why this modification has taken over a few years to work on, and is still in production. We have a very small team that is dedicated to the modification. It composes of C.F.D ( Lights, and general public relations,) Goog1967 ( The mastermind behind the modification, the main team leader and modeler, COPS ( Assistant Modeler),Rettungstier ( Map maker and adviser), and Mr.Mitch ( Graphic designs). We also have a team of volunteer that responds to general inquiries about the mod.

All of us have very busy lives, One of us is becoming a Doctor, the other has kids to look over, and few of us are schooling/working. As much as we enjoy working on the modification, we are not getting paid to do this. The quality we aim for, the highest we can offer, takes time, more than it has taken the Manhattan Modification, or the LA Modification.

We have a map made, but still needs final touching. We are barely out of it's diapers for scripting ( although we do have a few new script additions ) and 60% of the fleet still needs lighting ( Fire, EMS and Police units) . It is a time consuming process, especially accurate lighting and modeling based on it's real life counterparts. We are constantly updating models to meet it's modern specifications. We are seeing new additions to the RCMP fleet in real life, along with other apparatuses, and we'd like to incorporate those new additions on our models.

The engine 2 we recently shown has over 300 lights. This includes polys, and coronas. The Heavy Rescue has over 250 lights and still counting. More than you would see in the Manhattan Modification, or other modifications.

It is understandable that after all these years, no signs are shown of release. Do not fear, we will release this mod, we promise. We don't know when, but we know that it has a high chance of getting done this year, if all goes well ...

Should this modification come out, it is expected to attract new players to the game -- hopefully. After all, who would not want to play a modification that has real world light patterns, models, sirens taken place in a map setting of Surrey, British Columbia.

I appreciate your patience, and your ever welcoming support. It keeps the fire lit.

If you have not joined our Facebook group yet, you should, it will help keep you tuned to date about our progress.

https://www.emergency-planet.com/TheRedWatch

Thank you for your understanding.

P.S here is the map layout : http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3439/slx.png

Mod is looking great really is, I have nothing but good things to say about it, but PLEASE stop referring your mod to ours. We both put countless hours of work and quality (same or even more) into our mods but you don't see us going around saying our mod has more blah than the RCMP mod and is taking longer to make than the RCMP Mod etc. We have 4 years (FOUR YEARS) of work under our belt and we have delivered and obviously gotten better over time. We just have different ways of managing our times. Also a friendly recommendation, start gathering testers with low spec PCs because it's gonna come back to bite you in the ass when you find out a lot may not be able to run it! Especially the HQ lights. Other than that looks great :) I don't want you to take this post offensively but just understand that one thing you should NEVER do as a modder is compare your mods to other mods. I counted at least twice that you compared your mod to ours saying yours had more to deliver (which it may) but don't go out promoting your mod off of that statement. Me and Dyson are a 2 Man team along with Mariuswww since v3 throughout the 4 years of the Manhattan Mod so we would appreciate it if you and your "small team" of 5 people didn't blame your slow development on being busy (which is completely fine) AND trying to get better quality than our mod. Please and thank you.

- Rafael Fernandez, you know who I am ;) 

I meant no offense, friend. I understand how much work you guys had done for the Manhattan Modification. I should've worded my context better to sound less deamining, but i used you guys as a example because you guys are very popular and most of our fans also have your mod, so i needed to compare this to 'case b' kind of deal in the terms of performance.

If it's any consolation, personally deep down you guys are very good compared to us, so it's all apples and oranges really. We both have great models, so it's not really a pissing contest here.

Good luck with the Brooklyn Modifcation, it looks interesting.

I meant no offense, friend. I understand how much work you guys had done for the Manhattan Modification. I should've worded my context better to sound less deamining, but i used you guys as a example because you guys are very popular and most of our fans also have your mod, so i needed to compare this to 'case b' kind of deal in the terms of performance.

If it's any consolation, personally deep down you guys are very good compared to us, so it's all apples and oranges really. We both have great models, so it's not really a pissing contest here.

No worries, I understand. That map looks crazy good, do you guys plan on doing a normal map as well or just snow?

completely agree I'm a huge fan of both mods but I couldn't pick a faverioute one

No worries, I understand. That map looks crazy good, do you guys plan on doing a normal map as well or just snow?

We have both summer and winter version, but we're leaning towards Winter as it suits the British Columbia winter enviroment nicely.

It appears the RMCP have gone with the clear ledger light bar Red and Blues LED's for that Interceptor  I have also been checking out some of the light work on U-tube GTA 4,5 looks like you guys have been busy with that to looks good.      

I was hoping they would go with Federal Signal Valor, instead of the legend they're using now. Vancouver's PD chargers switched over to Valor. 40% more lights on it.

Hey guys, some minor updates. It was something something i observed recently ...

I was on the editor and saw that Goog1967 had included the RCMP winter map so i went and checked it out, very nice, but one problem, most of the lights i had done recently, the radiation looks really awful on snow texture, it's like twice as bright as it needs to be, and looked unnatural emitting from light source. I have to re-advise all of the ground radiation to look more natural. Right now, it's bleeding and when you add multiple units with radiation mixing together, it's just so bad that it hurts your eyes. Maybe it's a bad combintion of colors, and poor radiation placement.

Originally i used the normal EM4 maps when i made the radiation and lights, with no snow, and the radiation looks very natural, so i was suprised to see this change, but of course it's snow and white so it would've made it more obvious like real life.

Now, after more researches ( reviewing videos, and based on past real life expierences, ) i was able to come up with a improved ground radiation. As you guys know, i am big on realism, and i believe this small change really improved everything big time ...

Here are some examples to see new changes.

For general LED lights emitting from fire trucks and ambulances, this is how it looks in real life when observing at side angle -

xprH2Gn.png

As you can see, the ground radiation is bright right under the light source, but it fades away farther it goes. It also spreads out around a bit. Also, it's hard to tell from the photo, but there is a little curve reflection that sits right underneath the LED model. I applied this concept.

Nzfig1H.png

3Puyuye.png

I will be including this changes to all of the rigs i recently worked on, that includes the heavy rescue and engine 2 ... but it's worth it.

For the general PD and area flash from overhead lightbar, i toned down the brightness and adjusted the colors to look more LEDish and natural on snow.

b7R4mDi.png

And for corner strobes, i almost nailed it but i realized that i had the entire strobe radiation set on the same brightness setting, thus making it washed out and bleeding.

FdBDRiX.png

The numbers indicate the level of brightness. 3 is center, the brightest, and bleeds out as it spreads, to 1.

PWJpunZ.png

Lastly, Mirror beams LED, improved big time -

viLEEmH.jpg

zYEbKXr.jpg

lt6OiJ0.jpg

mbps07rb.jpg

nWOuCFF.jpg

First off the amount of time and effort you guys have been putting into this mod is outstanding! I think in the history of EM4 and new versions to come this mod will be talked about the most. Congratulations you guys are creating an awesome mod and everyday it grows better. Great job with the lights radiation adding the realism affect, personally I would never have noticed a little detail such as that and I am thankful you did. THIS MOD IS AMAZING!

Awesome job, guys. looking at that video, C.F.D., is there any chance there will be something like the smartsiren where you can put the lighting switch to 1 (All front facing lights) 2 (all rear facing lights) and 3 (master)? I think that would be cool for adding realism.

attachicon.gifmaxresdefault.jpg

Hey thats my thumb!! Make sure you put credits lmao