goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Hello.

very nice Mod. Can i Test the WIP? Skype: jonas.mac1 THX

I think for beta testers, like most mods, and regular games, the creators are looking for people with scripting knowledge, knowledge of the overall process, ie modding, etc. and decent systems. Not amazing, just the required specs. That way they can see if it will run on the regular system at a decent rate.

IE you won't appoint at tester who doesn't know what a script is, how to use it, read it or change it, and you won't get someone in that doesn't know how to fix problems. You also wouldn't get someonone with the top of the line computer. Becuase that one runs everything. The goal is to figure out the benchmark.

I test for a mod, and I run my modest computer, with the regular user specs, and aside from scripting problems and what not, I also have to make sure I can have a full roll out without HUGE amounts of lag.

For those of you who are wondering, testing is not fun, it sucks. You get a basic version, that you spend about 3 hours doing every stupid thing, with every stupid command and tool, and then anything that doesn't work flawless, you have to record, and start picking through to figure out why. Or at least how. It's not like "oooh new game, I get to play!" it's like "new game, it's broken, how do I fix it?" Testing isn't a glorious game

• Upvote 1

Yes you should have a few people conduct the Beta test with mod experience.  Just from seeing the awesome light work it is safe to say it will not work on your average computer with intel. You most defiantly need a good graphics card and system with at lest 4 or more gigs of ram.  

A script person is always a plus so they can identify problems with the game.  Problem solving is a big part of it, like Rafael said anyone could test a beta version but you need people who can solve the problems. I tried to be a beta tester but was not very good at it. I was able to identify some problems but not fix them.     

You are all jumping the gun.  When they are ready then will more than likely contact those that THE TEAM WANTS to beta test.

Personally approaching a group to say, "Hey can I beta test your product?" in a open forum is bad taste in my opinion.  I have/currently beta testing for a person who contacted me about testing their product.

With that being said, Goog, CFD you guys are doing a awesome job!!!!

Hmm yes well I can probably real but not very many really good mods the mods are just in the WIP. dan it often happens that the mod in the Wip phase closed while they were sooo close to the target. Thats why i think its better to do something than nothing for the relases. And i can not edit the scripts(but know what it is) but i can look for bugs.

So you have pretty much no experience other then playing the game and adding mods to EM4... Personally I think it should be up to the team or person who is creating the mod to ask for testers as you are effectively asking for the download when its not complete. I've also seen you ask on alot of topics the last few days asking to be a tester. Maybe just wait and try and get some experience in modding and scripting etc, and maybe a mod team member will approach you and ask you to test it.

Also I have been a tester for First Response Studios who make the SAPD:FR police mod (and the LAFD:FR mod) for GTA San Andreas. Like Raf said its not fun being a tester, as you have to find all the bugs and problems and report them and come up with a helpful solution to fix said problems/bugs. Its not just the case of getting the mod and playing it you have to do reports and log them down and show your findings to the dev team.

Quoted from the Emergency series Wikipedia page: "Emergency 5 is in development. With a release estimate of sometime in 2015."

Hopefully it won't take until 2015 for this mod to come out lol

Hey Goog great progress with the mod but I have a question. Now I'm not sure what the exact reason is I believe it is just to bright but with are trucks in the department when you put the parking break on the white strobe lights turn off. Will you be going for the same thing in this mod or is that above and beyond what the game could do?

Hey Goog great progress with the mod but I have a question. Now I'm not sure what the exact reason is I believe it is just to bright but with are trucks in the department when you put the parking break on the white strobe lights turn off. Will you be going for the same thing in this mod or is that above and beyond what the game could do?

There is a lighting script that controls lighting and CFD will make all units lights close to accurate as possible to real world counterparts.

Cool. What are you guys exactly working on with the mod now? Or are you guys still working on the LA trucks?

Yes,I'm working on a few things at the moment.Both RCMP units and LAmod fire trucks.

just had a look at the start date for this mod.

3 years , wow is that the longest for a mod to be done so far?

im not picking on anyone . but the work that has gone into it is awesome

just had a look at the start date for this mod.

3 years , wow is that the longest for a mod to be done so far?

im not picking on anyone . but the work that has gone into it is awesome

yeah like they said a few pages back I believe, they will wait till EM5 is released and see if they can adjust it for EM5 since that that game has more modding options ;)

On the last page CFD posted this - Okay, let me make some clarification as i appeared to have upset a few people ...

We have not stopped any production for Emergency 4, we're still working in the same full capacity as we always had before. It will definitely come out for Em4, and hoping, before when Emergency 5 comes out.

However, should we find ourselves still working on the mod after Emergency 5 comes out, and should it hold friendlier modding features and capabilities, i think we would shift our some of our goals towards Emergency 5 to create a new big bang like the Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah ? ....

Regardless, i uttered some words that should not have been said in the first place without having any concrete validation to confirm such postponement. My Apologies.

Also (gunswat here) like I've said in so many topics the mod will be out when it's done:)