goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Don't like how long we're taking ? Go make your own mod. We're not paid to do this, we both have families and a life outside of this. Trust me on this, we're not happy with how long this has taken, but it is for good reasons.

Any more of this crying will actually make us NOT release the mod. So keep it up.

There was already a 2 page argument about this that got deleted.

My point is not to make you work more - it is to focus more on scripting until you get your first version out then release more vehicles at your own pace, in updates.

I'm not going to go into it again. Any more of this crying? EXCUSE ME? I'm not the one who's bringing it back up, YOU ARE. The conversation was left at peace already.

Are their going to be any non-typical units in this mod? Like ATVs/4 Wheelers or such?

no plans at this time for such units

Is THE RED WATCH aka RCMP going to be Emergency  5 compatible ?

We'll have to wait and see once it comes out,it may not have the same file types,ect.

are you going to extend this mod to Victoria? or saanich (I'm from there) :P

Nope,we'll stop at the shores of Vancouver.Victoria has some sweet looking fire and police apparatus though!

Since Vancouver hosted the 2010 Olympics are you going to include any building from the Olympics?

Nope,the map is based in Surrey and units (VPD,PMPD,DPD,ect) from around the GVRD will be available from off map.

Surrey Fire Service Battalion 10 Tahoe outfitted with fictional light package inspired by the lower mainland fire departments. Also features a RCMP K-9 Tahoe, which is still under works ( missing window interior LEDs ).

Lol so you made it look like the police and fire department where arguing? Nice haha. But back on topic, the lights look amazing as do the vehicles. Are you still having the map as snow or will you be doing a summer version aswell?

Lol so you made it look like the police and fire department where arguing? Nice haha. But back on topic, the lights look amazing as do the vehicles. Are you still having the map as snow or will you be doing a summer version aswell?

Map will have snow in some areas and very little to none in others.The lower mainland area here usually gets a big dump of snow and it can be gone a day or two later...

I must say excellent lighting work, but I do have a concern. When Manhattan Mod 2.3 came out I could not play it because either the map was to big or the trucks had to many lights. Is there a possibility that I may experience this with The Red Watch mod or has then been fixed? If so I know they came out with a lesser mod for people like me, would you guys be doing the same or is it tough luck on my part. Thank-you and again excellent work.

I must say excellent lighting work, but I do have a concern. When Manhattan Mod 2.3 came out I could not play it because either the map was to big or the trucks had to many lights. Is there a possibility that I may experience this with The Red Watch mod or has then been fixed? If so I know they came out with a lesser mod for people like me, would you guys be doing the same or is it tough luck on my part. Thank-you and again excellent work.

I'm sure they mentioned that their problem was with all the Rockstar GTA buildings they used.

I'm sure they mentioned that their problem was with all the Rockstar GTA buildings they used.

Yes, but lighting does cause some lag, not as severe. When I had my original Toshiba laptop, 3GB Ram & Intel Family graphics, I couldn't play regular Manhattan so I ported the vehicles to the default map. It worked and it ran, but turning on lights severely  slowed the game down. Even now that I can run V3, turning on Battalion 9 which was done by Chad still causes some lag cause there alot on that one, but nothing that should stop you from playing it. Again might have to do some testing. If your running a dinosaur pc from the 90s might still not run smooth.