goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Quite nice, quite nice. Although the lighting seems a bit sparse but I suppose its not exactly a "response unit" by the time it gets there everyone has already been caught.

In BC the Sheriffs department is used for prisoner transport only, that being said with that paddy wagon if they were transporting a high profile subject then you would see a convoy of marked cruisers... something like goog is showing :)

I know that during the G20 in Toronto, Toronto Court Services provided some paddy wagons to Toronto Police to transport larger numbers of detained to the temporary jail, instead of having to shuttle multiple cruisers back and forth with only 1-2 detainees at time. In Ontario, majority of our PT trucks are very minimally lit. Toronto's have 2 reds to the front and 2 at the back, at the top of the box. OPP seems to be a mix of Amber or Red, and seem to be adding grills now.

I made a Vancouver Police and a Surrey RCMP paddy wagon as well but once I saw the BC Sheriff's I had to include it.It's real life duties would be taking prisoners from jail to court and isn't used for police stops or transports to detachments and stations.

For our purposes though, we will be using it as a normal police paddy wagon.

here's a short video of the exact unit in a parade,the lights seemed sparse as compared to most police units but in the video it lights up quite well.

Very nice, although why did you add white lights and not blue?

Look again at the video Fred03. In the video there is white nights not blue. We want to keep things as realistic as possible. :)

Oh sorry, I didn't catch that in the video. I just figured that a law enforcement vehicle would probably have blue lights.

The BC Sheriffs Service don't have the same police powers as the RCMP and city police here.They mostly protect the courts and deal with and transport prisoners to court.

As they do the latter they don't have the red/blue lights of police but use red/white.

I had no clue that Canada had a sherrifs dept the livery looks great i like how its similer to RCMP's livery :D

Most of the provinces have a sheriffs department mainly for court duties (except Alberta that does highway safety).Each province has it's own distinct liveries and duties of the sheriffs vary by province.