goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Hey questinon, will the players have any control over the light bar patterns, and sirens?

yes,we will have those options.

adding to the charger colours,3 more...all are dodge paint samples.

do to the size of the police units there will only be 1 charger undercover,with that in mind,what colour are you guys feeling?

I like the blueish grey color because it does not stand out so much as bright red or yellow. Also do you plan on removing the push bar so it blends in more?

After viewing both the red and blue version in the editor,the lights blend in too well and look terrible on those two so I think they will be turfed.However on the yellow they look wicked,but how many police services would have a bright yellow charger.(some will,most won't)

The tungsten (grey) charger looks good with both lights and child's because of the colour contrasts so that may be the best choice.The pushbars will stay,most police cars and umpcs here in B.C. have them.Anybody who doesn't like them could always remove it in the editor.

I vote yellow, we have a yellow dodge charger here where I live, and yes it may stick out in traffic, but because people think that police officers would have proffesional looking colors regarding the darker shades such as blue and gray, they would never expect a bright car that stands out to be a police vehicle. However that being said someone would never expect a yellow dodge charger to be a a police vehicle simply because yellow isnt a professional color. I can say this because I thought the exact same thing, untill I past him speeding and got a ticker lol.

P.S: Sorry to go off topic there, but I bealive yellow is a good choice, its realistic, it stands out, and its different

A lot of people don't realize is that a lot of departments in Canada have push bars on a lot of their undercover vehicles. I would have to say maybe 90% of them do just for the fact of high speed chases or for doing the pit manovuer.

It is easier to have them on your cars so that way you always of have one at the front.

Goog always the best man!

^^ All the units are pretty much done,CFD needs to light them once his PC is ready.We are still actively seeking map and scripting help and searching and watching tutorials in case we have to start the work ourselves.

I still need to make a skinned officer for the other police services and the same with the 4 other fire departments.The snow plow may just drive around simulating snow removal but a mission to clear a snowed in road for emergency services to get through would be cool,we'll see when we get to that point.

We may even consider a strict conditional release as a submod once the lights get done and do maps and scripts,ect at a later date...I don't know yet,have to wait and see if help presents itself first.

The bikes you see are only used in special operations, like a large scale event. I can't seem to find the full time bike unit that is at Vancouver International Airport. I believe that it is 270 RICHMOND (YVR) but I could be wrong on the unit. They do however have 1 bike squad there 24/7.

They have full security clearance and are able to walk right through security while on shift.

They also have gators that will be (inless they already have done it) painted to the same colour as an ambulance. They have a two tone back up alarm that they use as a siren. They also have lights on top. These were bought in mass because of the Olympics, and other events that go on around BC.

Charger is looking sweet guys.

Goog, you mentioned just releasing the mod without a map. I think this would be a good idea if you are really struggling to get the map going. I've been playing around with gimp, it seems like it would be pretty easy to go in and change a few skins (flags, signs, billboards etc) to make it better reflect the area. I know you guys like to go all out with realism but I think this could be a possible temporary solution until you get everything how you want it. I'm having trouble converting .dds files but if I can figure this out I could probably help

From Goog two days ago, not even 10 posts back:

^^ All the units are pretty much done,CFD needs to light them once his PC is ready.We are still actively seeking map and scripting help and searching and watching tutorials in case we have to start the work ourselves.

I still need to make a skinned officer for the other police services and the same with the 4 other fire departments.The snow plow may just drive around simulating snow removal but a mission to clear a snowed in road for emergency services to get through would be cool,we'll see when we get to that point.

We may even consider a strict conditional release as a submod once the lights get done and do maps and scripts,ect at a later date...I don't know yet,have to wait and see if help presents itself first.

Please read back into the thread some, you'd be surprised how likely you can get the answer to questions like that if you do.

Hey I know you guys are striving for realism in this mod so I was wondering if you guys had thought about doing something like the New York mod did with having different tow trucks to tow different size vehicles. A large tow truck with a rotator boom to pick up large vehicles and also to tow larger vehicles, a medium duty flatbed tow truck to tow destroyed hulks of vehicles and then a light duty tow truck to tow small regular size cars. I was just curious cause it always bothered me in the L.A. Mod how i could pull i huge dump truck out of the water and then a tow truck that is smaller than what it is trying to tow would pick it up and drive away.