goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Hi guys, great work!! When will we see the release!???? Last time you told me it would be in May. Its now June, and I have been waiting so long, I don't know if I can wait any longer!!! :D

Thanks,since that time we have introduced new units and swapped things around.Also CFD has done and is doing all the units(including ems and fire)lights from scratch,so it will take as long as it takes.Understand that this is done on our free time,we both have other things to do in life.

Thank you all for your patience and support...We will let you know when we are getting close to a release.

Love the lights, things are looking awesome. I too am getting antsy, but when I see where the mod started, and how far it has come since, I calm down a bit and just start salivating. I'm in agreement with Texas though, I think that will all of the lights, that it's going to tax all but the fastest machines, when they try to run it. But don't get me wrong, it looks amazing.

Lag kills dynamic scripts so be careful to put down system spec limits... mods usually push up min requirements but the more you do to the mod, the more prone to script failure it becomes if you're creating lag elsewhere... It'll help cut down bug reports due to latency.

I'll be blunt here -- the average spectrum of light polys per unit ( wether if it's fd, pd or ems) are 100-300 - TOPS.

For example, thanks to Todd for his cinematic videos of the new lights ( despite the lag that slowed down the cycle, which is okay, I'll try produce a video with higher fps later on sometimes,) -- The fire engine has 303 Lights, and unfortunately, i have to re-do some of the lights on it because of the new whelen 600s and 900s models that we have in stock, I'm going to install on the engines for better authenticity, and that may de-elevate or elevate the count. I don't watch the count because I'm all for quality, over quantity.

The suburban has over 282 lights, lol. Which is normal to me, i suppose...??

I have a pre-historic graphic card, Geforce 7950 -- the game would be choking at 21 FPS, lol. So if i send the exact same engine to a fire call in free play, the game will be lagging and it'll impede some valuable FPS.

There are several factors that you have to watch out for to eliminate the lag, and for myself, I've tackled a few of lag predators to keep my FPS stable, and what i did was --

- Edited the free play parameters, disabled rain, thunderstorm, earthquake, anything that would give me a headache.

i can't be arsed to write any further, my neighbor's hell hound beast - Japanese chin dog -- is having an orchestra in their backyard ...