FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Out of curiosity do you have any more information on the map. I remember you guys had to start over and I also wanted to know what the first borough you guys would be doing was.

Most likely will be the area of Manhattan around engine 7 and ladder 1's house, since it's the only fire house we've seen so far.

All FDNY apparatures were made with an original technical drawing of Seagrave so all sizes fit to each other (front, back, side, etc) of the ladder 10 model or of this model, the only thing is to scale the whole model right that it fits into the 911 FR scene but we already solved that problem in our way ;) we want to thank them again at this point for providing us their drawings!

Few questions then, 1) So the originals were not to scale? 2)You solved it in your own way? Whats this mean? Dindt you just scale them down in Zmod? 3)You say they provided you with drawings? They being FDNY or Seagrave?

Out of curiosity do you have any more information on the map. I remember you guys had to start over and I also wanted to know what the first borough you guys would be doing was.

I dont think there will be a "first" borough so to speak. By the time this is released they will have included several mini maps. Look at the first page and notice how theres Engine 6, Engine 7, Ladder 1, and Battalion 1. I am guessing they will all be on the mini map of Manhattan in there respective stations, or all of them excluding E6 will be. Then you can call E6, Engine 10 and Ladder 10 from outside the map for assistance. Then there will be a minimap of Chinatown, and a station housing the units labeled as Chinatown and units from say Bronx or Manhattan can be called from off the map. The Bronx trucks might enter from the North side while Manhattan enters from the south side of the map.

On another note I have some new questions. How will we "remove" the roof of the fire station to see inside? In this screen shot theres like a little office. Will there be something like a dispatcher inside here?

On another note I have some new questions. How will we "remove" the roof of the fire station to see inside? In this screen shot theres like a little office. Will there be something like a dispatcher inside here?

the little office inside the house isn't accessible, its just a little eyecatcher... you can remove the station roof with a button in your command menu

ah and yes... we have our first "happy" Co

engine44_12zfa8.png engine44_5sctz.png

some more screens may follow later ;)

Doesnt that rear rubberfenderthing looks a little bit long ?

It's hard to see with also the tyres being black and the background black aswell.

But still.. I LOVE IT ! :wub:

Yer i see what you mean, but it looks just as long as the tires still. :)

screens for discussing on this page ;)

ah and yes... we have our first "happy" Co

engine44_12zfa8.png engine44_5sctz.png

some more screens may follow later ;)

Doesnt that rear rubberfenderthing looks a little bit long ?

But still.. I LOVE IT ! :wub:

it has the correct size dont worry

we built this model with an original technical drawing of seagrave, the final details where made with some photos of the real engine 44 ;)

Well yeah it looks fab anyway :gut:

P.S are there any cross overs with the Q.R.A team? Because it's a huge coincidence that there's suddenly 2 NYFD/PD mods with amazing detail popped up within weeks of each other :)

Well yeah it looks fab anyway :gut:

P.S are there any cross overs with the Q.R.A team? Because it's a huge coincidence that there's suddenly 2 NYFD/PD mods with amazing detail popped up within weeks of each other :)

Except sharing the ford crown vic are no cross overs with them yet

no, we are two different teams... we work on the NY mod since late summer of 2008 and i believe the first queens mod was announced in spring 2009(?) not sure ;)

Yeah something like that, but yer its bizarre how the two best mods currently are both NY mods and are releasing similar models everytime, but still both amazing, I'll look forward to having both as soon as they're done! :D

Yeah something like that, but yer its bizarre how the two best mods currently are both NY mods and are releasing similar models everytime, but still both amazing, I'll look forward to having both as soon as they're done! :D

yes that is amaizing!! i love new york emergency units

yes that is amaizing!! i love new york emergency units

Personally I'm looking forward too seeing hectic traffic :) I hope you do add lots of traffic, everyone says the traffic becomes backlogged, but if the map has really simple traffic scripts then they will be constant flowing :)

Ohhh can't wait :D

I always try to build this cars like they look in reality. And FFW TUT does always challenge me by telling me, to do more detailed stuff. This Seagrave emblem is just one example. So thanks to him :D

I'm glad you like it. ;)

When this actually is released I somehow doubt you guys will possibly be able to top the first release. All the houses and maps just seem enormous for a first release.

I have to say the recent models are day and night from a few of the old ones.