itchboy

Itchboy's Model Works

As Hoppah said, it would be very time consuming for me to have to update cars every time something new comes out. So I wont be considering it too much. Regarding his idea of an objects pack, that would be difficult as I dont really know what objects would be considered "American". Same goes for buildings.

Anyway, I've done an ambulance version of the E350:
http://forum.emergency-planet.com/files/file/572-ford-e350-ambulance/

The link for the Civil Cars Mod is up again at the download page.
http://forum.emergency-planet.com/files/file/571-american-civil-car-replacement-pack/

I dont really know what objects would be considered "American". Same goes for buildings.

Are you serious? Or don't you want to do other objects for another particular reason? Or do you lack imagination? It was just a suggestion. Like I said, alotta mods will incorporate your car packs, which feels kinda useless to me if maps do not even look like ANY American place. Trust me, the original EM4 maps scream filthy Europe all over the place in this game. The differences are huge and they don't look like the US at all. Obviously, the US is so big you'll have to make choices to make generic objects but it's mostly about adding a little more ambience or atmosphere (whatever) to American mods instead of pursuing 100% realism.

Sometimes the smallest examples are the best:

trafficlights.jpg

I've never seen a yellow traffic light like that in Europe whatsoever. The yellow pedestrian signal would be another great example in my opinion, just like the US Post mailboxes.

the new Vauxhaul Astra is a big difference to the previous one and are everywhere the now.

Exactly what I meant actually, while that car looks different its general shape remains pretty much the same and thats what you basically need for EM4. The game is usually played from birds eye view and thats what people tend to forget a bit imo. Also, most players will either (a) not pay attention to different car types or (b) don't recognize the different types at all. It's simply not worth the time and effort to update ALL cars annually in my opinion, but thats just me.

Hoppah.

Oh you could go on with ideas, the LA mod did a great job with the new map so you might take a leaf out of that book

-American restaurants for buildings (yay stereotypes!!) McDonalds, Burger King, Applebees, Hardees, small town diner.

-Dumpsters/trashcans

-Road signs; speed limit, crosswalk, do not enter, etc

-Powerlines/poles

-Different looking banks and stores; Band of America, JC Pennys etc

-mailboxes in front of houses

Are you serious? Or don't you want to do other objects for another particular reason? Or do you lack imagination? It was just a suggestion. Like I said, alotta mods will incorporate your car packs, which feels kinda useless to me if maps do not even look like ANY American place. Trust me, the original EM4 maps scream filthy Europe all over the place in this game. The differences are huge and they don't look like the US at all. Obviously, the US is so big you'll have to make choices to make generic objects but it's mostly about adding a little more ambience or atmosphere (whatever) to American mods instead of pursuing 100% realism.

Sometimes the smallest examples are the best:

I've never seen a yellow traffic light like that in Europe whatsoever. The yellow pedestrian signal would be another great example in my opinion, just like the US Post mailboxes.

Exactly what I meant actually, while that car looks different its general shape remains pretty much the same and thats what you basically need for EM4. The game is usually played from birds eye view and thats what people tend to forget a bit imo. Also, most players will either (a) not pay attention to different car types or (b) don't recognize the different types at all. It's simply not worth the time and effort to update ALL cars annually in my opinion, but thats just me.

Hoppah.

Oh you could go on with ideas, the LA mod did a great job with the new map so you might take a leaf out of that book

-American restaurants for buildings (yay stereotypes!!) McDonalds, Burger King, Applebees, Hardees, small town diner.

-Dumpsters/trashcans

-Road signs; speed limit, crosswalk, do not enter, etc

-Powerlines/poles

-Different looking banks and stores; Band of America, JC Pennys etc

-mailboxes in front of houses

Thankfully he won't really have to if he doesn't want to, I'm currently making a lot of those things for my new map.

Signs are extremely easy! They can be converted within just a few moments. Extreme basic skinning skills will get the job done.

However, what hoppah stated 'Sometimes the smallest examples are the best'. Small details can completely flip the players gameplay. itchboy, you have done a fantastic job with the models you brought to the EM4 community! In a mod creators point of view, the vehicles are great aids! Although, without the other minor details, the mod won't have the atmosphere of what the creator is trying to set. Already I can go out for a drive and see more foreign(to the U.S.) vehicles than american. So foreign vehicles aren't very rare here. We cannot ask anything more of you, especially since you have already out done yourself with the car pack. But as a future idea as a modder, those are tips you may like to look into.

I personally like the idea of the mailboxes and buildings. Nice suburban homes would add a huge feel the any american mod. As well as some shopping centers.

For anyone else, there are a few already made objects that resemble the american feel. This is the site I found a few of mine. They can be searched for here.

Perhaps you could make a pack of models from other American mods (with permission of course) and we would have one big pack of American "things" that would save modders the effort of making new stuff when the Montana or Manhattan mods have already done it.

I'll wait when those mods are completed then I'll be sure to ask them. Anyway, I am planning the first addon for the mod. Vans. So far, have done the Ford E Series. Chevrolet Express next on the list. Right now, I have regular and extended E series vans in cargo and passenger sets. Will be making a cargo van similar to this:
Steed-GTA4-front.jpg

Delivery companies use the step-van type of vehicle far more than the box type of vehicle, those are mainly used by rental agencies like U-haul

Delivery companies use the step-van type of vehicle far more than the box type of vehicle, those are mainly used by rental agencies like U-haul

FedEx ground uses Box Type but I believe there bigger. There used for medium to larger delivery to local that do not handle 18 wheelers. Before we expand the building here and add 18 Wheeler unloading we use to get them frequently.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Looks good! Just a small suggestion, what about looking into smaller vehicles? Like ATVs, UTVs, 4wheelers, go karts, dune buggys, dirt bikes, etc. Or older vehicles. I personally love older more classic cars and trucks. Just an idea to throw out there..