Hoppah

Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Sorry if this has been posted already but, I was wondering if there will be a patch for v2.0. i ask because the tiller truck always blows up on me, i think it also might have to do with a submod light package from project reality lights if anyone could help, or point me in the right direction i would be greatful

Sorry if this has been posted already but, I was wondering if there will be a patch for v2.0. i ask because the tiller truck always blows up on me, i think it also might have to do with a submod light package from project reality lights if anyone could help, or point me in the right direction i would be greatful

As you can see about three posts up there will be a patch released soon, but that will not fix the exploding tiller. That is an error in the Project reality lights mod. So only the creators of the Project reality lights can fix that. They are probably still using the first version of the tiller which wasn't fire proof.

Brilliant, I'm glad there will be modified paths. I hope that this fixes most of the traffic jams, and that the rest are my fault, because then I can play for as long as I want without having to constantly restart Freeplay. That loop bug causes a chain reaction of traffic jams where cars turning onto the road can't get on so they stop in the road and cars on the other side are blocked by them and that makes a huge line blocking all the other cars and your ve-hicles.

Another little bug I found that annoys me, don't know if you know of it already, Hoppah, but what happens is when you send a firetruck or ambulance back to the Fire Station (or it goes to Hospital and then the Station), upon arrival at the Station, all the crew will hop out and go into the building (unless interfered with), and then it seems I can't get them back. I have to ensure they go behind the fire station and not to it in order to keep the crew. If I do make the mistake of forgetting to interfere, I then have to call them from outside until I next restart Freeplay and get them all back.

Kookas have you tried raising the alarm on the control panel next to the fire station?

I only just noticed the control panel in the Editor, but assumed it would be invisible in-game. I'll try this then ^^ Thanks.

Some of the vehicles in the editor have incorrect names also.

Engine 88 should be Engine 288.

Crash 80 should really be Foam 1 (source). This is really Crash 80.

Brush Truck 8 should be Brush Patrol 28.

Heavy Rescue Crane should be Heavy Rescue 56 (reversed also).

EDIT: The county squad should be Squad 8 instead of 1.

I suppose they CAN, but why would a truck designed for water rescues need hoses since there never going to be front line for fighting.

They might be used in a VERY major incident. But then in a VERY major incident they would probably use everything they could.

But that's not going to happen very often. :)

I don't see any point them having hoses in the game.

Whereas I think the tiller should as it would be used for front line fire fighting

I suppose they CAN, but why would a truck designed for water rescues need hoses since there never going to be front line for fighting.

Actually, what they do is put on a cap on each end of the hose and then fill them with air. Makes a boom that floats and it bigger to have people grab onto.

I know the swift water rescue teams from LA use them, just not sure if they are actually carried on the SWR units.

Source here

-d

Actually, what they do is put on a cap on each end of the hose and then fill them with air. Makes a boom that floats and it bigger to have people grab onto.

I know the swift water rescue teams from LA use them, just not sure if they are actually carried on the SWR units.

Source here

-d

Interesting, is it regular hose or some sort of specialty?

Regardless, since you can't use hose in that function ingame, the hose should stay off the SWR truck.

Interesting, is it regular hose or some sort of specialty?

Regardless, since you can't use hose in that function ingame, the hose should stay off the SWR truck.

I believe it is a regular hose that they just screw on the caps which have air hose nipples. I just saw a couple of photos of them using it the other day, but after spending about 30 minutes looking for the photos on the net, I wasn't able to find them.

-d

ok the situation with crossings and intersections is in the game pretty much the same as it is in real life - people can't keep their butt of an intersection , even though it's foreseeable that they are not going to make it off the intersection in time , before the crossing lane gets a green light .

this of course will result in one traffic jam after the other until the situation is completely out of control .......

my question would be now this ....... as seen on the pic above someone mentioned to put in another light ( lane north-east to south-west ) and another on the opposite side ( south-west to north-east ) but then we do have the intersection still not cleared , unless the new light (south- west to north-east lane ) turns sooner red than the already existing light , in order to give some time to get the intersection clear

i am in no position to judge the scripting part of this game to be honest but I ask myself if it would be possible to script the timing for traffic lights more dependent on each other ........ kind of a ripple effect

i.e. starting at the first light of a major through way and going from one light to the next with a few seconds delay , so that each buildup keeps on moving without having the next idiot right behind him , so that when the crossing lanes turn green , they don't encounter vehicles in their path and congest because of this the other lane ,when their light turns green again

They might be used in a VERY major incident. But then in a VERY major incident they would probably use everything they could.

But that's not going to happen very often. :)

I don't see any point them having hoses in the game.

Whereas I think the tiller should as it would be used for front line fire fighting

Exactly, the chances of it happening are so slim, and in such a case you could argue no truck would have enough equipment.

I agree, seems practical to have hoses on a tiller considering theres to much storage space, but LAFD has deemed it impractical.

Source here

-d

Interesting..now as far as if they carry them on there truck, I could see this two ways. 1) A Paramedic Assessment Engine would be on scene as well eliminating the need for the SWR truck to carry it. 2) The SWR trucks would be more adequately prepared for

water rescues if they have a hose on the truck. Hard to say.

But like Nick said, it cant be done in game, yet atleast, so no need for the SWR trucks to have them.

i am in no position to judge the scripting part of this game to be honest but I ask myself if it would be possible to script the timing for traffic lights more dependent on each other ........ kind of a ripple effect

i.e. starting at the first light of a major through way and going from one light to the next with a few seconds delay , so that each buildup keeps on moving without having the next idiot right behind him , so that when the crossing lanes turn green , they don't encounter vehicles in their path and congest because of this the other lane when their light turns green again

The traffic lights are hard coded in to the game. We cant alter that as it would be illegal for one, and two it would require reverse engineering. Now I believe, and Hopefully Hoppah can comment on this, it would be possibly to write a new script for the traffic lights and script in a delayed signal.

Im anxious to get the patch so i can redo my VOs already. :)

Guest twistedpretzel

AS for that hose water rescue thing... It is interesting.

But I know that since what they do is water rescue, they are going to have real tools made specifically for water rescues, instead of improvising and using hose.

AS for that hose water rescue thing... It is interesting.

But I know that since what they do is water rescue, they are going to have real tools made specifically for water rescues, instead of improvising and using hose.

There are products designed to take advantage of this fact that a floating hose is better than a thin rope that sometimes gets dragged under the surface.

I posted a link to one above.

-d