Hoppah

Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Guest twinkie8235
I'm not sure there is anything that can be done, you can try reinstalling in the mod and the workaround but I'm not sure it will work.

It seems to be fine on some computer and not on others.

Just don't press 'New campaign'.

Someone not me had pressed new campaign on 1.9 version. I deleted everything and reloaded and it all seemed to be working until i upgaded to 2.0. Should i remove everything again???

Someone not me had pressed new campaign on 1.9 version. I deleted everything and reloaded and it all seemed to be working until i upgaded to 2.0. Should i remove everything again???

V2.0 is not an upgrade to v1.9. Just like all other versions it's a rerelease of the whole mod. That's why it's advised to delete all older versions of the mod before installing v2.0.

Guest twinkie8235

I've removed and deleted all files.wizard works FR911 and reloaded.. Everything was clear and running fine. I shut down computer for a few hours and now it show V1.8 V1.9 with green wrench and V2.0 is now missing the missions agian. The work around is still not working...Also if i load the game via the V2.0 short cut it shows and lets me use the older mods. But this only happens when i use the the short cut. If i use the mod installer it does not show any other versions of mods and as i said if i use the fr911 short cut i get the green wrench...Anyone with idea pleases help

Guest Photon127
I have a temporary fix (or should I call it a workaround) for the missing missions bug. Each time one or more missions disappear from the list, just copy the campaignprogress.xml to the mod. For some reason the game alters this file after finishing a certain mission (possibly when it tries to add your score) and it's definately related to the greyed out buttons too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to install:

1. Download and extract the attachment file.

2. Copy campaignprogress.xml to "\Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Save\"

3. Overwrite the old file.

4. Start the game, load the mod and all missions should be be back in the list.

Just copy and replace this file everytime one or more missions disappear. Make sure to exit the game before doing this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the greyed out buttons after finishing a mission, press Restart, wait until the mission is reloaded and then go back the menu.

For now, this is the only thing I can do. :(

At least you will be able to play all of the missions this way. :)

Hoppah

I am playing 911 first responders and have downloaded the mod 2.0 recently and it all works fine until i go to the missions.. the first time i viewed the missions i could see them all perfectly until i got to mission two. the game crashed to my desktop and once i rebooted it the missions were all gone except i could click continue campaign and it would allow me to play the first mission but not any other missions i have tried your workaround with no success.. any advice on what i should do would be greatly appreciated. Also hoppah i seriously suggest talking to a gaming publisher you have made an amazing game and you should be rewarded this game is amazing and i know if you put it on a cd and i saw it in stores i would buy it! Thank you for any assistance any of you may provide me

Oddly I dont have a problem with the campaigns in my customized LA Mod, just the standard LA Mod. The only problem I have is I cant return to the main menu when the missions over. I have to choose repeat and return to the menu manually.

What did you edit for your customized version? Maybe something you edited fixed the mission bug :gruebel:

Well I didnt touch any of the mission related scripts. Just freeplay scripts like the firestations scripts, and extra parking scripts. Turns out the missions list is screwed up now, so it looks like it didnt take effect untill i closed the game.

But I cam here to throw some ideas at hoppah that could be beneficial, or atleast I hope so.

Hoppah, Im wondering, in campaign.xml you have the LA Mod missions first. The index numbers for these missions are higher indexed then the other missions.

Also in specs/Campaign_params.xml theres only 20 missions listed. Specs/missioninfos.xml is the same way.

Guest villevalo6669

I dont know about anyone else, But while I was playing on free play I went to purchase a vehicle (Mass casualties unit, and several others) And it would not let me.

The purchase vehicle button was grey and blocked out and It wouldnt even let me press it. Im new to this so im not exactly sure whats up.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I dont know about anyone else, But while I was playing on free play I went to purchase a vehicle (Mass casualties unit, and several others) And it would not let me.

The purchase vehicle button was grey and blocked out and It wouldnt even let me press it. Im new to this so im not exactly sure whats up.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You were probably out of money.

-d

Guest spartan6144
I have a temporary fix (or should I call it a workaround) for the missing missions bug. Each time one or more missions disappear from the list, just copy the campaignprogress.xml to the mod. For some reason the game alters this file after finishing a certain mission (possibly when it tries to add your score) and it's definately related to the greyed out buttons too.

How to install:

1. Download and extract the attachment file.

2. Copy campaignprogress.xml to "\Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Save\"

3. Overwrite the old file.

4. Start the game, load the mod and all missions should be be back in the list.

Just copy and replace this file everytime one or more missions disappear. Make sure to exit the game before doing this.

As for the greyed out buttons after finishing a mission, press Restart, wait until the mission is reloaded and then go back the menu.

For now, this is the only thing I can do. :(

At least you will be able to play all of the missions this way. :)

Hoppah

Since the game is trying to edit the file, would changing the file to "read-only" help, or will the game not recognize it anymore?

By the way, Hoppah, your mod is awesome. I've been playing it for years, and have been following its progress closely, yet I've never actually thanked you...until now. Thank you, Hoppah, for releasing this phenomenal addition to 911 FR, and keep up the good work!

Well I didnt touch any of the mission related scripts. Just freeplay scripts like the firestations scripts, and extra parking scripts. Turns out the missions list is screwed up now, so it looks like it didnt take effect untill i closed the game.

But I cam here to throw some ideas at hoppah that could be beneficial, or atleast I hope so.

Hoppah, Im wondering, in campaign.xml you have the LA Mod missions first. The index numbers for these missions are higher indexed then the other missions.

Also in specs/Campaign_params.xml theres only 20 missions listed. Specs/missioninfos.xml is the same way.

I don't want to change the index numbers, because these are also related to the unit.xml files. I am going see what happens if I change the order of the mission by putting the LA Mod missions after the other missions.

Guest dave22644

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and I have an issue with the L.A mod, I have 911FR. When playing the L.A mod everything is fine untill after 30 minutes of gameplay, then all of a sudden the game lags really bad

for both freeplay maps, so bad it takes 10 seconds just to get the camera view to turn slightly, is there any way in fixing this?

I don't want to change the index numbers, because these are also related to the unit.xml files. I am going see what happens if I change the order of the mission by putting the LA Mod missions after the other missions.

I realize that, and it would be a pita to edit all the unit files, but it might just work. For the sake of testing though the RAs,main LAPD Vehicles, and main LAFD vehicles are pretty much listed on every single mission so you wouldnt need to change anything for testing purposes and if successful there wouldnt be that much editing left for other units.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and I have an issue with the L.A mod, I have 911FR. When playing the L.A mod everything is fine until after 30 minutes of gameplay, then all of a sudden the game lags really bad

for both freeplay maps, so bad it takes 10 seconds just to get the camera view to turn slightly, is there any way in fixing this?

This isnt LA Mod related. Its your PC. Most likley something over heating.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and I have an issue with the L.A mod, I have 911FR. When playing the L.A mod everything is fine untill after 30 minutes of gameplay, then all of a sudden the game lags really bad

This isnt LA Mod related. Its your PC. Most likley something over heating.

To dave22644: Did you make sure that your computer has appropriate and or minimum requirements? If so, then try to close out as many programs as possible (Task Manager, Processes, End Process), or just closing out of said program. I know that after like an hour of gameplay, my screen gets a bit laggy but soon returns to normal stage in about 30 seconds. I don't mind it much, because if I scroll along the screen, the game makes itself work harder to maintain steadiness.

One last set of questions:

What type of computer do you run? (XP, Vista, 7, Mac)

What brand? (HP, Dell, Compaq)

What year? (2004, 2009, etc.)

What Graphics Card do you use? (My computer, Hardware Manager, Video; or something like that)

Hope my advice helps?

Racer

Guest dave22644

It does it on both desktop and laptop, my desktop was made in 04 and I added two gigs of RAM and it has windows XP, My laptop was made in 08 and has about 2 gigs of RAM also with windows XP professional.

What type of computer do you run? (XP, Vista, 7, Mac)

What Graphics Card do you use? (My computer, Hardware Manager, Video; or something like that)

Hope my advice helps?

Racer

XP and Vista arent a type of computer. A geek Squad member would know this.

What advice?

It does it on both desktop and laptop, my desktop was made in 04 and I added two gigs of RAM and it has windows XP, My laptop was made in 08 and has about 2 gigs of RAM also with windows XP professional.

Well this would have been useful to know in the first place. First try updating your video card drivers(you never did say what video cards your running) and then if that fails try running it off one core.

I have the same bug, as some of the users on page 1,2 & 3, Whenever i choose a unit, it slows down.. Deselecting it speeds everything up to normal again, And its not my PC speed..

2x DUal core processors 5200+ 2.71 GHz, 2x Nvidia 9200 GTX

I have the same bug, as some of the users on page 1,2 & 3, Whenever i choose a unit, it slows down.. Deselecting it speeds everything up to normal again, And its not my PC speed..

2x DUal core processors 5200+ 2.71 GHz, 2x Nvidia 9200 GTX

Do these lags already start in the beginning?

It doesn't slow down here, so I can't do much. The only reason I can think of is one or more lagging scripts. As soon you select a unit the scripts of the assigned commands of that unit will be activated too (they already check for available targets for examples). One of these scripts might cause lag. :Oo

There is something you can try (to help me) though. Start the editor, load the mod and start removing commands from a vehicle which is causing lag in the game. Then test the mod ingame again. This way you should be able to take out the scripts that are or aren't lagging. When the game still lags while that vehicle has no commands at all, we can conclude the problem is not related to scripts. Trying this out would definately help me. Someone else can try this too ofcourse. :12:

Hoppah

My game crashes after the intro, i did update drivers. I upload my DxDiag and Logfile before. thanks!

And of course we immediatly remember the exact number of the post in which you uploaded them so there is no need to provide a link.