According to the geneva convention WICH THE US signed, they also agreed that The International Comitee of the Red Cross should have access to all POW's. A terrorist organisation is not a state and can by that NOT sign the geneva conventions...

DUDE, SERIOUSLY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?! POSTING PICS OF DEAD PEOPLE?! RESPECT THE DEAD MAN!!!!!!

And also, i belive that EVERYONE should be treated equally

I see what your talking about, but you got to remember that the prisoners at Gitmo are not POW's but Criminals. Watch the news for month. They are killing, kidnapping, attacking, and hurting aid workers from other countries. They DO NOT care about the convention. I do not know one case in which they brought up the convention for there defense because they cant use it. They Know it, I know it, everyone knows it whether these guys are 30yr olds who decided to blow up a convoy, or someone that helped with the planning of the attacks on 9/11. Like i stated in my post earlier you cant attack a non- military place in a conflict- well I dont think I need to say that place. Terrists are like a Gang, lets take the Italian Mafia for example, (needed a well known group). They attack and murder, kidnap and kill, but at the end of the day they are in Italy. Now look at Osama and his men. They are like a gang of terrorists who run around doind criminal things in other country's hurting people. But they are NOT a military power for a nation. This means that they are not POW's but instead criminals of war who dont deserve the same rights as real POW's that surrender rather then get caught doing something bad. The information that the U.S. is getting may just save the lives of anyone here, mabie even end this all for good.

It was a spaceship piloted by Xenu. He mistook the Pentagon for a friggin' volcano.

EDIT: Actually, Hulk Hogan did 9/11. I have photo evidence. Here, case closed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/10d..._hogan_9-11.jpg

Man this is rather disrespectful!

6000 + people died on that day, and you make fun of it!

Do you want us to post pictures about what your forces have done to civilians ? We can't because most of this evidence are destroyed or hidden or not accessible for the public. You know Nazi soldiers died too but I'm not going to pray them for being good soldiers. They were Fascist assh*oles...

So you think soldiers hurt civilians on purpose or for fun and that only US soldiers do that. Who are you to say that? I think your view is a bit twisted. And again, you ARE ignorant as hell, because Nazi soldiers were not fascist assh*oles. Just like every soldier in the world, they did what they were told and teached by their leaders. And you can't really refuse to execute an order as a soldier. Your knowledge about these subjects is minimal. Even my sister can tell you more about the Nazi propaganda in 1930s and 1940s and basic military hierarchy. Are you familiar with the definition of indoctrination?

You know what, im done with this... It seems like you are a totally ignorant person, who blames all muslims for your buds death... And i do not care who you are or what you have done or are dooing, everyone should be treated with respect no matter what... They are still humans.

You keep forgetting that each terrorist in Guantanamo Bay probably or might have commited many crimes against humanity before they were arrested and send to that camp. Why don't you mention that? Oh wait, you are blinded by your hate. I do not approve what might have happened in Guantanamo Bay, but you can't put terrorists next to shoplifters in the common prisons. If people should treat each other with respect then it are the extremists who should start with that. Is it really that hard to look beyond the treaties and try to understand the reasons? Do you approve what terrorists do to achieve their goals? Sacrificing innocent human lifes ON PURPOSE for their 'greater good'? Why are you ONLY able to blame the US for their deeds?

Do you want us to post pictures about what your forces have done to civilians ? We can't because most of this evidence are destroyed or hidden or not accessible for the public. You know Nazi soldiers died too but I'm not going to pray them for being good soldiers. They were Fascist assh*oles...
You just exposed your ignorance. Soldiers that fought for Hitler were German, not all of them were Nazi. I'd say a majority of them didn't share Hitler's Nazi beliefs. Geopolitics my ass.

EDIT: Damn you Hoppah stealing my arguments. :P

I am currently thinking about trowing this topic into trash very fast.... bad bad bad things to talk about on internet without being found

Please, do it.

No. It's only a discussion. Nothing wrong with that and there have been no posts which violates the TOS yet. If you don't like it, don't post here.

exept for the picture of the dead people?

So you think soldiers hurt civilians on purpose or for fun and that only US soldiers do that. Who are you to say that? I think your view is a bit twisted. And again, you ARE ignorant as hell, because Nazi soldiers were not fascist assh*oles. Just like every soldier in the world, they did what they were told and teached by their leaders. And you can't really refuse to execute an order as a soldier. Your knowledge about these subjects is minimal. Even my sister can tell you more about the Nazi propaganda in 1930s and 1940s and basic military hierarchy. Are you familiar with the definition of indoctrination?

They were not all fascists. Many of them were against Hitler and the German resistance people tried to kill this madman many times... I'm not an expert I just know some things but never said that they are correct. I'm open to new things(as I did when I turned from Nationalist to Left-wing politics supporter) and information. As for the indoctrination: Yes I am a bit familiar to this definition.

You just exposed your ignorance. Soldiers that fought for Hitler were German, not all of them were Nazi. I'd say a majority of them didn't share Hitler's Nazi beliefs.

Read the post.

They were not all fascists. Many of them were against Hitler and the German resistance people tried to kill this madman many times... I'm not an expert I just know some things but never said that they are correct. I'm open to new things(as I did when I turned from Nationalist to Left-wing politics supporter) and information. As for the indoctrination: Yes I am a bit familiar to this definition.

Read the post.

A sniper from Switzerland almost killed Hitler 3 times,he hid for 3 years until he was found and executed.

According to the geneva convention WICH THE US signed, they also agreed that The International Comitee of the Red Cross should have access to all POW's. A terrorist organisation is not a state and can by that NOT sign the geneva conventions...

DUDE, SERIOUSLY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?! POSTING PICS OF DEAD PEOPLE?! RESPECT THE DEAD MAN!!!!!!

And also, i believe that EVERYONE should be treated equally

What POW?

As I state the Geneva protection is for states not for terrsiot who want blow civilan up. That means the Terriost have no rights under it other then get medical treat and such which I posted. Were in that pervious post did it say that terrirost get the right for visit form the ICRC. Beside which maybe the reason the been refused was the Terriost in question did not want a visit from a christian Organization?

Begin treat equally is a good goal. But when some is a harm to themself or others they need to be netural in way that harms the least amount of people.

As for equal rights what about all the people that died to terrorist? Where are there rights? I guess that do not deserve any. At least according to you.

Say like the young man that lived below me at eglin Air Force base. I Fight plane mechanic. Single. No wife, no kids. Never had a change to get married. Because some terriost decide to blow up the building he was current living in.

He was there because a few years early Iraq invade Kuwait. So what about his rights!!!!!! You know the right to Live. A right to be married and happy!

No you generalized the former German Army as an army of Nazis and called them Fascist assholes. Don't worry, I can read English just fine.

What POW?

As I state the Geneva protection is for states not for terrsiot who want blow civilan up. That means the Terriost have no rights under it other then get medical treat and such which I posted. Were in that pervious post did it say that terrirost get the right for visit form the ICRC. Beside which maybe the reason the been refused was the Terriost in question did not want a visit from a christian Organization?

Begin treat equally is a good goal. But when some is a harm to themself or others they need to be netural in way that harms the least amount of people.

As for equal rights what about all the people that died to terrorist? Where are there rights? I guess that do not deserve any. At least according to you.

Say like the young man that lived below me at eglin Air Force base. I Fight plane mechanic. Single. No wife, no kids. Never had a change to get married. Because some terriost decide to blow up the building he was current living in.

He was there because a few years early Iraq invade Kuwait. So what about his rights!!!!!! You know the right to Live. A right to be married and happy!

WRONG!!! They are to be concidered as POW's because they are captured in a country where the US have NO jurisdiction in... America seems to belive they are the worlds police or something

Uh here comes the fourms longest post: This is from the united nations

Article 4

A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:

1. Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces.

2. Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfil the following conditions:

(a) That of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;

(b) That of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;

© That of carrying arms openly;

(d) That of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.

3. Members of regular armed forces who profess allegiance to a government or an authority not recognized by the Detaining Power.

4. Persons who accompany the armed forces without actually being members thereof, such as civilian members of military aircraft crews, war correspondents, supply contractors, members of labour units or of services responsible for the welfare of the armed forces, provided that they have received authorization from the armed forces which they accompany, who shall provide them for that purpose with an identity card similar to the annexed model.

5. Members of crews, including masters, pilots and apprentices, of the merchant marine and the crews of civil aircraft of the Parties to the conflict, who do not benefit by more favourable treatment under any other provisions of international law.

6. Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war.

B. The following shall likewise be treated as prisoners of war under the present Convention:

1. Persons belonging, or having belonged, to the armed forces of the occupied country, if the occupying Power considers it necessary by reason of such allegiance to intern them, even though it has originally liberated them while hostilities were going on outside the territory it occupies, in particular where such persons have made an unsuccessful attempt to rejoin the armed forces to which they belong and which are engaged in combat, or where they fail to comply with a summons made to them with a view to internment.

2. The persons belonging to one of the categories enumerated in the present Article, who have been received by neutral or non-belligerent Powers on their territory and whom these Powers are required to intern under international law, without prejudice to any more favourable treatment which these Powers may choose to give and with the exception of Articles 8, 10, 15, 30, fifth paragraph, 58-67, 92, 126 and, where diplomatic relations exist between the Parties to the conflict and the neutral or non-belligerent Power concerned, those Articles concerning the Protecting Power. Where such diplomatic relations exist, the Parties to a conflict on whom these persons depend shall be allowed to perform towards them the functions of a Protecting Power as provided in the present

seems to me that terrists are none of the above, unless you can prove me wrong ;)

But you said it not a war. So how can they be POW?

Beside that jab16 points tells me they not. What evidence do you have that are? I mean all you do is make claims I seen no facts to back your claims.

Beside you never answer my question. What about the right of the young american that died in Saudi Arabia terriost attack. What about his rights?

By the way he and other were there because the government of Saudi Arabia ask the US military to help defend there country form a Hitler like dictator who invade the county call Kuwait on there border.

So what about that Airman's Right and his 18 Fallen Brothers? Or the ones that died on Sept 11, 2001.

WRONG!!! They are to be concidered as POW's because they are captured in a country where the US have NO jurisdiction in... America seems to belive they are the worlds police or something

CoolStoryBro.jpg

We are the world's police? I had no idea that we are the only ones in Iraq and Afghanistan. I guess we are also the only ones that take the Taliban prisoner, we are also the only ones that have set foot in Afghanistan and Iraq. We are the only one who have ever killed a civilian in either country. Jesus Christ. Open your goddamn eyes, ignorance is fucking bliss.

Oh and what happened to being done with the thread.

You know what, im done with this... It seems like you are a totally ignorant person, who blames all muslims for your buds death... And i do not care who you are or what you have done or are dooing, everyone should be treated with respect no matter what... They are still humans.

Hi, Everyone tone it the hell down, or I'm gonna have to start warning people and this topic will be closed. It's fine debate, but don't dare start picking personal wars, or else it's over. Sound good?

I'm not letting people start fighting with eachother.

Just a nice little reminder from the moderator...

You can all consider this the verbal warning, if it gets out of hand there will be none others from me, just a real warning

America seems to belive they are the worlds police or something

No, wrong again. It's 9 out of 10 times when the UN approves to solve a conflict in another country by sending a peacekeepers force for example. Bringing arrested terrorists to camps is a direct result of that. Lets try to understand an example about one of the most destabilized countries in the world:

http://allafrica.com/stories/200912040756.html

Somalia, where a civil war is going on since 1991. Definately caused by rebels and a government who can't control the situation. What would be YOUR solution to the conflict? Sending another UN peacekeepers force? In your opinion they'd only kill innocent victims and torture terrorists. Or do you actually expect that any of the (neighbouring) Muslim countries will try to ever stablize the situation in that country by sending a force (again)? You and your Geneva Convention, it's all theoritical. Maybe you should try to read in in some of the recent conflicts in the world. There is NO country who can obey these treaties in a war. War is total chaos. War is never the best solution, it only costs human lives and alot of money. The Geneva Convention is great in theory, but it never works out like that in reality. That's something you don't seem to understand yet. Yes, it might be true that the US is violating human rights, I do not approve it either. But the situation in countries like Somalia is at least 10 times as worse compared to that. But you don't seem to care about that AT ALL. Your view regarding these subjects is very limited, based on nothing and sometimes even incorrect. Blaming the US is easy, because 'everyone' does that you do it too, but you don't have any knowledge about the impact of (civil) wars at all. Like usmc123 said, open your eyes and look beyond the hate. The world isn't a pretty place.

Well, UN never approved it...

Art 3. In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following

provisions:

(1) Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria. To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:

(a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;

(b) taking of hostages;

© outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment;

(d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

(2) The wounded and sick shall be collected and cared for.

An impartial humanitarian body, such as the International Committee of the Red Cross, may offer its services to the Parties to the conflict.

The Parties to the conflict should further endeavour to bring into force, by means of special agreements, all or part of the other provisions of the present Convention.

The application of the preceding provisions shall not affect the legal status of the Parties to the conflict.

Art 4. A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:

(1) Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict, as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces.

(2) Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfil the following conditions:[

(a) that of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;

(b) that of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;

© that of carrying arms openly;

(d) that of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.

(3) Members of regular armed forces who profess allegiance to a government or an authority not recognized by the Detaining Power.

(4) Persons who accompany the armed forces without actually being members thereof, such as civilian members of military aircraft crews, war correspondents, supply contractors, members of labour units or of services responsible for the welfare of the armed forces, provided that they have received authorization, from the armed forces which they accompany, who shall provide them for that purpose with an identity card similar to the annexed model.

(5) Members of crews, including masters, pilots and apprentices, of the merchant marine and the crews of civil aircraft of the Parties to the conflict, who do not benefit by more favourable treatment under any other provisions of international law.

(6) Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war.

B. The following shall likewise be treated as prisoners of war under the present Convention:

(1) Persons belonging, or having belonged, to the armed forces of the occupied country, if the occupying Power considers it necessary by reason of such allegiance to intern them, even though it has originally liberated them while hostilities were going on outside the territory it occupies, in particular where such persons have made an unsuccessful attempt to rejoin the armed forces to which they belong and which are engaged in combat, or where they fail to comply with a summons made to them with a view to internment.

(2) The persons belonging to one of the categories enumerated in the present Article, who have been received by neutral or non-belligerent Powers on their territory and whom these Powers are required to intern under international law, without prejudice to any more favourable treatment which these Powers may choose to give and with the exception of Articles 8, 10, 15, 30, fifth paragraph, 58-67, 92, 126 and, where diplomatic relations exist between the Parties to the conflict and the neutral or non-belligerent Power concerned, those Articles concerning the Protecting Power. Where such diplomatic relations exist, the Parties to a conflict on whom these persons depend shall be allowed to perform towards them the functions of a Protecting Power as provided in the present Convention, without prejudice to the functions which these Parties normally exercise in conformity with diplomatic and consular usage and treaties.