Right wrong or indifferent, we are commited to a war we can probably never truly win. The Russians tried to pacify Afghanistan in the not too distant past and got their collective ass handed to them. War is a big part of the Middle Eastern psyche and wars in the Middle East tend to go on forever.

I don't want to step on any toes, but to me not supporting the war somehow minimizes the sacrifices made by our troops. Our guys are fighting this war not because it's what they've always dreamed of doing but because it's what their country requires of them. I don't think anyone truly comes home from the war truly unscathed. They have almost to a man seen and done things that have left them scarred forever.

So, do I agree with the war? Absolutely not. But, do I support our troops and the insurmountable task before them? My answer to that is an unequivocable yes.

oh my god, the UN is the most pointless organization in history (except for maybe PETA). they dont do anything. and when they "try" it usually just ends up making everything worse (like PETA lol)

the fact is, terrorism can NEVER be stopped and will always be a constant thorn in our side. there is no way; there are just too many people and factors involved to make a successful campaign against anyone calling themselves a terrorist. war is so pointless. it gets nothing done save for the destruction of man. as long as there is the idea of individuality and freedom, there will be radicals like terrorists. terrorists want publicity; thats their only weapon. ignore them and theyll go away.

As Yasser Arafat said: "Whoever stands by a just cause cannot possibly be called a terrorist."

(not that i support terrorism, just saying they will always be there)

Sure 9/11 was bad but honestly, it only happened once. the war following it has been going on constantly since then and guess what, more US people alone have been killed in it than everyone combined on 9/11. one problem leads to an even bigger one. we should just pull out and let them take care of their own problems.

fighting for liberty? right. anyone in the military is just throwing their life away at the most pointless and unlawful conflict in history. weve been there and accomplished what we needed to. now we need to leave and focus on the problems at home instead of pissing around in some countries nobodys ever heard of.

the Recession were in is in part because of the trillions were spending on war and military. Christ, you could feed the entire lower class in the US for like a year with just the cost of all the F-22 Raptors in the world.

*End of rant*

Yes but everybody should care about dead people(both Americans and Muslims). I believe that the US aren't the victims in this situation but the ones who do bad things to others ;)

So its just Americans and Muslims fighting in the war is it?

we should just pull out and let them take care of their own problems.

Well then our troops have died for no reason at all.

fighting for liberty? right. anyone in the military is just throwing their life away at the most pointless and unlawful conflict in history. weve been there and accomplished what we needed to. now we need to leave and focus on the problems at home instead of pissing around in some countries nobodys ever heard of.

Im sorry, but if those people in the military were not there, you would not be sleeping at night.

I would've been in the military under different circumstances. Thanks man.

Why that?

Whole world gone bang?

Possible. There were no WMD's in Iraq in 2003, without the invasion they MIGHT have got them by now. Remember that Saddam Hussein was a dictator and already used WMD's on a 'smaller' scale before (Iraq-Iran war and the Kurdish people). And don't forget Iran, they seem to have the resources to build them now.

Without troops terrists would be able to conduct attacks on the U.S. everything that is going on is not to stop attacks completly but to prevent them from happening. With troops putting pressure on terrists they are not able to carry out attacks like 9/11

They got pretty close to you on July 7, 2005. You aren't even save on a little island.

No, they got London. Most of the British population is confined to small places, so technically he's safe.

Does the OP know who might have done it? Or did he hand out his msn to hundreds of people?

Yep^

I suppose if i had gone travelling to London on that day i might not be here. Same with people all over the world. :(

But if i stay in my little house I'm safe :)

post-5140-1259879391.jpg

Make sure to dig a cave there if you want to be safer than that. That house can burn down and I don't think there is a fire department out there. :)

You didn't really got the point of my previous post. Terrorists were able to blow themselves up in downtown London, that means they had the resources and the opportunities to complete terrorist attacks. What if they used something on a larger scale? (airplanes, chemical, biological or even nuclear weapons). Terrorism goes far beyond the actual attacks itselves also. I'm sure you were frightened that day (unless you was like 8 back then).

Make sure to dig a cave there if you want to be safer than that. That house can burn down and I don't think there is a fire department out there. :)

You didn't really got the point of my previous post. Terrorists were able to blow themselves up in downtown London, that means they had the resources and the opportunities to complete terrorist attacks. What if they used something on a larger scale? (airplanes, chemical, biological or even nuclear weapons). Terrorism goes far beyond the actual attacks itselves also. I'm sure you were frightened that day (unless you was like 8 back then).

F*ckin Right on Hoppah! If you people don't like war, you don't like government, not soldiers. Soldiers sign up for two resons:

1) Either they believe in the cause, or

2) They don't want conscription/drafting to come into effect and their friends and/or family to have to go.

Me, I found my own reason. Its not about the war, or the government, or oil. It's about the poor soldier next to you, who wants to get home just as bad as you do. But, he's got more reasons. Be it his mother was just diagnosed with cancer, or his Girlfriend/Wifer was in a car accident, or his BEST friend is in the Intensive Care Unit still trying to recover after 9/11, or he just wants to hear his newborn baby cry. But, he doesn't know if he's going to be able to COME home. Those are my reasons.

It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,

And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC

Simple. The British have a weapon against terrorists - Glasweigians.

"eh, naw. Wit de yer think yer da'in? The only da'in ter'rism roond here is me!"

The one who can get the most kicks and punches into a burning terrorist before the police arrive is the winner.

Edit: that really bad glasweigian impression is going to get me stabbed/raped/mugged/shot/stabbed (probably in that order LOL) - nice knowing you guys :P

(no offence to Glasweigians, just joking)