Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Guest altoproxima
Might be audio or video codecs too. Every time I minimize (alt-tab) the game, I got the ffdshow audio decoder (which is part of the K-Lite codec pack) icon in my taskbar. That means codecs are running on the background when the game is started.

I've had that problem, I removed the the complete FFdshow codec and another set of problems were gone.

You might want to consider removing FFdshow and see if that helps.

My problem was eventually caused by a USB keyboard. It gave me a DXinput error.

That will do.

I have trees all over the map! :unsure:

I have people all over the map! :s

I have traffic lights all over the map! :mellow:

I have cars all over the map! :huh:

I have buildings all over the map! :Oo

You are either blocking all streets yourself or you really need to show pictures of the where the jams have been started.

haha great!

Greetings! I have issue about game. It crash all time when i play with my friend. He host the game and i joined it. After ten minutes it complete crash.

I have windows 7. I try assign rights, set compability but nothing helps. Please i need some advice!

You both have to have the EXACT same files. That means you have to have the same submods, and everything.

Might be audio or video codecs too. Everytime I minimize (alt-tab) the game, I got the ffdshow audio decoder (which is part of the K-Lite codec pack) icon in my taskbar. That means codecs are running on the background when the game is started.

Why use K-Lite when ffdshow gets the job done for everything :P

Might be audio or video codecs too. Everytime I minimize (alt-tab) the game, I got the ffdshow audio decoder (which is part of the K-Lite codec pack) icon in my taskbar. That means codecs are running on the background when the game is started.

If it helps, I originally didn't have ffdshow on my computer at first, then I saw someone said they had the newest version and it fixed there problems, so I installed the newest one and it still did the same, I've ran it both enabled and disabled, same ending. I've also played with the different codecs (enabling this one, disabling that one, etc) still no-go.

I just noticed this today, not sure.. I need someone else to confirm it:

"Mitsubish's EVO doors open backwards (As in, go into the car's body)"

"Using the Chase command on MP as host during a stolen car, Disables the car ability to be picked up,shot,turned around"

"FBI crash Mp Game anymore?"

*This I know.

"Lambo is still not pick up able.. -_-" (You think after two versions and 5 patches you would remember this by now..)

Guest altoproxima
If it helps, I originally didn't have ffdshow on my computer at first, then I saw someone said they had the newest version and it fixed there problems, so I installed the newest one and it still did the same, I've ran it both enabled and disabled, same ending. I've also played with the different codecs (enabling this one, disabling that one, etc) still no-go.

What you can do is try this config file -- download --

Tell me if that did the job.

Now concerning the codecs. Disabling the codec programs does not actualy stop the codecs from working. They are loaded at startup if I am not mistaken. Try to remove the programs (wich will remove the codecs too) both K-lite and ffdshow. Reboot and try again by installing the game from scratch. I've said it before, it took me also a loOOoong time before I had the game up and running

What you can do is try this config file -- download --

Tell me if that did the job.

Now concerning the codecs. Disabling the codec programs does not actualy stop the codecs from working. They are loaded at startup if I am not mistaken. Try to remove the programs (wich will remove the codecs too) both K-lite and ffdshow. Reboot and try again by installing the game from scratch. I've said it before, it took me also a loOOoong time before I had the game up and running

I tried all four config files (even though I knew the deluxe ones wouldn't work for me, which they didn't).

The high-end system config file displayed "Mod Check Failed" when I clicked to load the mod, the low-end system file just froze like normal.

I disabled the codecs using the codectweaker, I don't have any programs running codecs besides the system, but I have a huuuuuge list of codecs that came with the system. I'm going to play a bit more with them, maybe I just need to find the right combination.

Guest pappy02us

I didn't find his reported earlier and maybe it's just in my game, but when the battalion chief returns to the station he gets out of his vehicle and goes back inside the station, he does come back if I raise the full house alarm. It's a problem only cause I send him out frequently with other units, and sometimes forget to stop him from going in. If it only my game I'll live with it.

hello i know a lot of these have probably been mentioned but one bug i have found is that there is a trauck that drives around and it isnt finished it says something prototype on the top. and the unmarked police car cant chase people. thanks :rolleyes:

:welcome: to the forums. The Unmarked car chase bug can be fixed if you change the vehicle type to STW in the editor ;)

Guest altoproxima
I tried all four config files (even though I knew the deluxe ones wouldn't work for me, which they didn't).

The high-end system config file displayed "Mod Check Failed" when I clicked to load the mod, the low-end system file just froze like normal.

I disabled the codecs using the codectweaker, I don't have any programs running codecs besides the system, but I have a huuuuuge list of codecs that came with the system. I'm going to play a bit more with them, maybe I just need to find the right combination.

Then I am all out of ideas, :nixweiss: perhaps one more thing you can try and that is a fresh install of your OS and then see what the game does.

Then I am all out of ideas, :nixweiss: perhaps one more thing you can try and that is a fresh install of your OS and then see what the game does.

I'll wait until I get Windows 7 for that, haha. I bought this computer last month and it took me a week straight to finally get it completely updated, ha.

Thanks for all the help, even if nothing has worked so far.

Remove ALL codecs and then only install ffdshow. I run ffdshow, CoreAVC, and XVID. ffdshow does all the decoding, but I have xvid and CoreAVC for encoding and decoding. ffshow decodes xvid more efficiently then the real xvid codec, and CoreAVC decode AVC better then ffdshow. Plus its easier to have CoreAVC doing the encoding rather then setting up ffdshow to do it. ffdshow should play any video with no problems and codec packs suck because the codecs contained with in can easily conflict and cause problems.

I didn't find his reported earlier and maybe it's just in my game, but when the battalion chief returns to the station he gets out of his vehicle and goes back inside the station, he does come back if I raise the full house alarm. It's a problem only cause I send him out frequently with other units, and sometimes forget to stop him from going in. If it only my game I'll live with it.

This is not a bug. You can try to use soulbodys submod if you want him to stay in the vehicle at the station.

Remove ALL codecs and then only install ffdshow. I run ffdshow, CoreAVC, and XVID. ffdshow does all the decoding, but I have xvid and CoreAVC for encoding and decoding. ffshow decodes xvid more efficiently then the real xvid codec, and CoreAVC decode AVC better then ffdshow. Plus its easier to have CoreAVC doing the encoding rather then setting up ffdshow to do it. ffdshow should play any video with no problems and codec packs suck because the codecs contained with in can easily conflict and cause problems.

I did just that when I first installed ffdshow.

Well I dont think its a codec issue then. I cant be asked to dig through all the replies at 3 AM but have you tried removing the game, and all its folders and mods, and then reinstall it.

I've currently done every traditional attempt.

i have the issue of the mission (10 new ones) are not listed in the menu i have uninstalled and reinstalled the mod free play works as la mod and in the campaign menu if you select continue the first of the 10 mission (bus) will play however after you finish the games freezes.

I experienced a similar problem recently, I played a bunch of missions and I think I quit the game halfway through the protection for the top informant mission, I played a couple LA ones, and some original ones, I came back, and the new ones were gone.

Bug has been reported and I think Hoppah is trying to figure out whats up

I looked at other similar posts, i also tried to use the cheat to unlock all missions however that does not work, my issues seems to be different in the fact that no missions at all not 11-30 even, now before i enact the mod in the modifications section i have the orginal missions that i completed listed.

I looked at other similar posts, i also tried to use the cheat to unlock all missions however that does not work, my issues seems to be different in the fact that no missions at all not 11-30 even, now before i enact the mod in the modifications section i have the orginal missions that i completed listed.

The all missions cheat works if you enter it ingame during a mission or something. It also seems to work on normal EM4 but not Deluxe for some strange reason.

Has the problem been solve at the 4 lane intersection with the other 4 lane intersection? Where cars in a right lane turns left at the intersection.

Clearly that breaks traffic laws. This cause traffic jams.

Also where all the new Fire Engines that spawns near Mike's Pawn Shop that road gets jam with traffic at time and the spawning Engine get stuck because no other exit and many objects get in the way so they can't go off road. I pointed at the area before. That it might be a problem before release.