Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

The unmarked patrol car does not have the ability to perform a traffic stop. I tried, but when it reaches the vehicle selected, it just drives in a pentagon pattern around the vehicle, like a chicken with no head. Haha. Just a minor bug, but it's just something I noticed. As well, the tiller trailer constantly whips through the cab when turning...Oh well, i'll use the ladder :)

em4freak

Guest diablo1675

Hoppah, can u fix the endless raining? I like some raining but this is getting too much, lowl. Ive disabled it by changing the whole parameters... Should be fixable in another way? or did something go wrong at the install?

The unmarked patrol car does not have the ability to perform a traffic stop. I tried, but when it reaches the vehicle selected, it just drives in a pentagon pattern around the vehicle, like a chicken with no head. Haha. Just a minor bug, but it's just something I noticed. As well, the tiller trailer constantly whips through the cab when turning...Oh well, i'll use the ladder :)

em4freak

Same problems here m8. Thats why i use almost every car for patrol, but not the Unmarked one.

Regards Diablo :1046276057_GroupHug:

Guest mrpolice1996
The unmarked patrol car does not have the ability to perform a traffic stop. I tried, but when it reaches the vehicle selected, it just drives in a pentagon pattern around the vehicle, like a chicken with no head.

em4freak

I have the same thing.

i doesn't matter much thought i never bother using the unmarked patrol car because it can't carry prisoners

Well, i did install the patch(es) (both are in the same exe??) I did that, but it still did not stopped raining, and it is very unlikely that its still raining after 28 hours in-game time. What to do? I prefer sunny anyways.

Greets Diablo

Well both patches are in the second patch. They are not both in the first patch so download patch 2 and run it to be sure.

I have a question. I have installed de LA mod 1.9, and i have selected that i want de new map, but when i play the mod i have de orginal map and not the new one. What can i do to solve this problem?

I have already deleted the mod and installed again, and i have do tha whit emergency 4 deluxe.

Sorry for my bad english, but my dutch is better.

I noticed this as well so I just copied and pasted the 3 map files to my desktop, renamed them dfreeplay.* and now I dont have to choose to play the original map, and if your good with the editor you can add your own deluxe events.

Hoppah, trafficlights stay red because there are cars on the crossing. I've noticed this, today, once you clear a crossing with an officer, the lights work again.

Thanks I noticed this problem but didnt realize what cause the problem.

em4freak

The undercover car was reported days ago. Check the first post. The tiller isnt so much a bug as simply the game itself. Its been said many times the tillers trailer can not contain physics. Otherwise it would catch on objects going around corners and such and end up detached and on the other side of the map.

Hoppah, can u fix the endless raining? I like some raining but this is getting too much, lowl. Ive disabled it by changing the whole parameters... Should be fixable in another way? or did something go wrong at the install?

Install the second patch located in the first post. This has already been fixed.

I have a question. I have installed de LA mod 1.9, and i have selected that i want de new map, but when i play the mod i have de orginal map and not the new one. What can i do to solve this problem?

I have already deleted the mod and installed again, and i have do tha whit emergency 4 deluxe.

Sorry for my bad english, but my dutch is better.

Is it really too hard for you to take a look at the menu of the game and select the NORMAL map instead of the DELUXE map which is selected by default?

The installer clearly mentions it replaces the original (=normal) freeplaymap, so everone is able to play it.

This topic is driving me nuts because of posts like this.

Guest Firefighter21213

Hoppah we love you dont be mad!!! Has anyone got the La mod 1.9 working on Vista?If you do how did you get it to work,lol...Crashes to windows anywhere from 5-25 mins.Am i missing a setting on Vista to allow it to work,Reg emergency 4 works fine.Just the best mod in the world malfunctions :-(

Hoppah we love you dont be mad!!! Has anyone got the La mod 1.9 working on Vista?If you do how did you get it to work,lol...Crashes to windows anywhere from 5-25 mins.Am i missing a setting on Vista to allow it to work,Reg emergency 4 works fine.Just the best mod in the world malfunctions :-(

I have vista 64 and it works perfect for me

There's this hostage event that doesn't really have a hostage inside the building, only the hostage taker. This has happened to me twice already.

Here's a screenshot of the building:

LOL

Hostage taker: Bring me a car

Negotiator: Litsen bud, I do you a favor you do me one. I've been doing this for 30 years so dont think you can play me understand???

Hostage Taker: NO!!!!! Im in control here bob understand? If i dont see a car in 1 hour the plants gonna get it understand?

Negotiator: Listsen John!! Im gonna get you that car ok, dont do anything stupid cause I got 40 guys with guns out here who would love to blow your head off ok? just stay put and im gonna get you that car

I don't know if this has been said already or if this has happened to anyone, but I've notced when I'm playing the campaign I can't exit out of the first mission.

This topic is driving me nuts because of posts like this.

I had a feeling youd say that. Why not have your map replace both the original and deluxe map to avoid this problem? Just a thought. Sit back and relax Hoppah. I think most of the bugs have been found as the topic going in circles now.

I have it working on Windows 7 x64 so it should work fine on Vista. Have you bothered to read the FAQ?

There's this hostage event that doesn't really have a hostage inside the building, only the hostage taker. This has happened to me twice already.

Here's a screenshot of the building:

Been said quite a few times now.

Guest madforce
I don't know if this has been said already or if this has happened to anyone, but I've notced when I'm playing the campaign I can't exit out of the first mission.

Same issue here. I've reinstalled the game from scratch in a new location even, getting it out of program files, with a fresh LA Mod and patches and I get the same issue.

You get the completion screen, showing your results and efficiency, then thats it. If you click continue, it goes away, and your back at the map. Click escape and traffic starts flowing again. Can't call in units any longer, and you can't bring up the game menu to exit to main menu and instead have to close out of the game the improper way.

Not sure exactly what the issue is, but I just kinda moved on from it. I tried again with a clean setup, but same difference.

Guest madforce
Hoppah, trafficlights stay red because there are cars on the crossing. I've noticed this, today, once you clear a crossing with an officer, the lights work again.
Thanks I noticed this problem but didnt realize what cause the problem.

I'm not sure there is a fix, I believe it occurs when a car is occupying the VO for the traffic light that was signaled, usually when traffic begins to backup and cars can't clear the light, for some reason that kills the timing. I think you just have to clear the upstream jam so traffic can clear the VO and then your ok.

I may be completely wrong about my assumptions, but that's what it appears to me, and I don't know if that's something that's scripting, but it's prob a function in the game and just something we'll have to work around when planning maps and paths to make them more efficient and self clearing after a jam.

If there's something to do differently, i haven't learned it yet and would be very eager to learn that as I'm very interested in working on traffic flows and correction after jams and redirects and trying to keep traffic moving, and as self correcting as it can be.

The traffic lights are hard coded into the game. Technically, I think this could be cleared up if Hoppah or some one wrote there own script for the traffic lights so they function based off of the newly made script rather then whats hard coded in to the game. This might even open the door for delayed signals to allow time for intersection clearing, programing the length of red,green and yellow lights based on time of day, and other options as well.

Hoppah, have you looked at missioninfos.xml. Theres only 20 missions listed. Maybe this is why people are having trouble with the missions disappearing.

I think there may need to be a traffic light added to the intersection north west of the one where the yellow truck was stuck. My patrol cars constantly cause traffic jams here during the day. Usually at night time its not a problem, just during the day.

Guest altoproxima
I think there may need to be a traffic light added to the intersection north west of the one where the yellow truck was stuck. My patrol cars constantly cause traffic jams here during the day. Usually at night time its not a problem, just during the day.

Xplorer4x4 I've tried that one allready, it only delays it a little bit. Besides, during this night I've watched the behavior of the patrolcars/ambulances, they run through the red light sometimes.

I've also placed a traffic light at the intersection of the cinema/expo (round building east of the Fire station) That does delay alot of the traffic problems. But one crucial mistake was made when you look at the south west corner of the police station. Cars make a left turn from the first lane. I have so far found two of them.

Point 1 at the wallmart.

post-5732-1254655980.jpg

Point 2 at the cinema

post-5732-1254656026.jpg

I am going to try and change the sequence of the traffic lights and look if that might help a little.

The traffic lights are hard coded into the game. Technically, I think this could be cleared up if Hoppah or some one wrote there own script for the traffic lights so they function based off of the newly made script rather then whats hard coded in to the game. This might even open the door for delayed signals to allow time for intersection clearing, programing the length of red,green and yellow lights based on time of day, and other options as well.

Noticed that too, no scripts whatsoever, softcoding would open up a lot of neat new stuff for the cops, they could regulate traffic etc... Perhaps version 3.0 ? ;)

Found a bug,if you look at the top left corner of my screen shot you can see the trailer for the tiller truck,not sure why it is there,it shows up on mini map too,i will try and remove it with editor,but just thought i would point it out.

Also seems the patch has solved traffic jams,good job Hoppah

em42009100410540099.th.jpg

Xplorer4x4 I've tried that one allready, it only delays it a little bit. Besides, during this night I've watched the behavior of the patrolcars/ambulances, they run through the red light sometimes.

I've also placed a traffic light at the intersection of the cinema/expo (round building east of the Fire station) That does delay alot of the traffic problems. But one crucial mistake was made when you look at the south west corner of the police station. Cars make a left turn from the first lane. I'll post a screenshot this afternoon.

They always run red lights unless there is a civilian car between them and the light.

Pretty sure Patch 2 resolve the pathing in front of the police station. I forgot I had renamed my files to dfreeplay. I replaced them now and seems as though the traffic is flowing just fine except for when a patrol car gets stuck or people block traffic.

Found a bug,if you look at the top left corner of my screen shot you can see the trailer for the tiller truck,not sure why it is there,it shows up on mini map too,i will try and remove it with editor,but just thought i would point it out.

Also seems the patch has solved traffic jams,good job Hoppah

That reminds me I had a similar issue with one of my trucks getting stuck there.

Hoppah its posiblle to turn off the rain :)

Yes he already fixed that.

Found 2 more small bugs. I had a brush fire next to the rail road tracks. Sent a brush truck in and put it out. Then told it to return to HQ but it couldnt get past the bridge pillars. I had to send it back on a main street before sending it home. Also, this might be unfixable, but some times the police cars dont line up straight with a suspect and one officer ends up shooting there PD cruiser. I dont believe it can be fixed but just throwing it out there.

In case you get the following error while trying to install the patch:

errorzx.jpg

Why and when does this error appears when LA Mod v1.9 is already installed?

It means you probably moved the whole game folder to another location (an external hard drive for example) after initial installation of 911:FR. The patch program looks for registry keys which keep the initial location of the game (Picture of my registry editor). If the registry keys are there the patch program will then look for the location of the game and it checks if the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.9' exists. Once you move the game's folder, the registry keys become invalid and the program can't find the mod anymore. Result: That error. I can't really help it, because that error does not even appear if you don't even have the registry keys. You are not supposed to move software to a different location on a computer. EM4 or 911:FR are not just some portable games.

Because I do not want to let people down you can download the patch files in a .rar package now, so you can install the patch yourself manually.

Link: * DOWNLOAD *

Size: 1,41 mb

Please take note that this .rar package contains the EXACT same files as the .exe version of patch 2.

How to install:

1. Download and unpack the .rar package.

2. Move the folder to your Mods folder and click 'Yes' when asked to overwrite older files.

3. Done

Hoppah

Hoppah