Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Confirmed and added two extra bugs to the start post:

- Chase command: Can chase emergency personnel

- When it starts raining on any of the freeplay maps it never stops raining again

I have also checked out the bridge. My vehicles and personnel can access the bridge as they should be. The only difference I noticed is that it takes a bit longer for the personnel to respond when you send them to the bridge. Other than that it seems to work fine.

It say its not installed in my computer. :1046276372_bawling:

My my mouse cursur almost hit the DELETE key of your post. I suppose you are talking about the patch for v1.9? It has been tested thorougly and seems to work fine. Did you try to reinstall the mod already? And what game version do you have? It seems like 911:FR is having more problems with the mod than EM4 and EM4 Deluxe...

I have been out of the country and just got back to see that there is a new version :) I was using v1.7 and IDK what it is but for some reason i cant get the new LAmod instaled. I can download it but when I try to instal it it says it cant find a place ot install the mod. Then it proceds to let me install it but I am not able to find it and make it the default for the game. If anyone has any help or advise that would be great.

I too have the bridge bug,im using EM4 uk version,it not really a majot issue,it just funny when ambulance comes to abrupt halt,and when treating anyone on the bridge,the paramedic runs all the way up the road,gets on the path and then runs all the way back down,he can only access the bridge by doing this,but he eventually gets to the casualty,so its weird why he have to use the path and not run in the road on the bridge,i will try and get a short video to show you what i meen sometime.

Edit:i just had a thought,this maybe a game bug,simply because sometimes when i used to send crane to bridge on old map and in the mission where the bridge collapses,sometimes it would try and send the crane under the bridge on old map,and it actually went under the bridge on bridge collapse mission,only a thought,but that might be what the vehicles try and do along with the personnel,and when the vehicles cant they just stop,where as the people eventually work out where they are going

Added another two extra bugs to the list in the first post:

- Diver not available in mission 7 (Police chase ends in tragedy)

- When the fire engine is not present in FS2, the HAZMAT squad parks wrong.

@ GB619:

Try to send your units further on the bridge. The LA River is not accessible at all so the game will not try to send your units under the bridge. The road under the bridge is accessable though, and maybe that part of the bridge is causing problems only.

Not sure if this has been reported already. But anyways, when you send the battalion chief vehicle back to the station, it parks at the same place as the engine 1 instead of the parking lot outside the station.

That does not happen here, I just tested it. Did you install any submod? Or do you have a screenshot of your problem?

Thanks

Hoppah

Hoppah, the chase command does not work with the unmarked car. I suppose this is something to do with the UMC having 4 officers rather then 2 like the other cop cars. It will just chase them forever and never stop, let the officers out, and draw there guns.

Tried with 2 officers in the car rather then 3 and it still did not work.

I have a video of the traffic problem near the L.A. bridge, I'm thinking that it's a problem with the traffic lights.

And Hops 1 question...

If Mike is skinned as the L.A. battalion cheif, and he's watching the station in the map... what's going on.

And you do appear in the mod you're the U.S. Army General (Hope you don't mind but I kinda accidentaly destroyed your limo.

I guessed the mist would only appear at night. Apparently, it doesn't. It makes it more spooky though. :1046275767_ugly:

The car jam which starts at the beginning (where the yellow pickup truck gets blocked immediatly) will be fixed in patch 2. As well as many other bugs. Check out the first post for more information. I hope to release patch 2 in 1 or 2 days. :)

Guest Medic870
Confirmed and added two extra bugs to the start post:

- Chase command: Can chase emergency personnel

- When it starts raining on any of the freeplay maps it never stops raining again

I have also checked out the bridge. My vehicles and personnel can access the bridge as they should be. The only difference I noticed is that it takes a bit longer for the personnel to respond when you send them to the bridge. Other than that it seems to work fine.

My my mouse cursur almost hit the DELETE key of your post. I suppose you are talking about the patch for v1.9? It has been tested thorougly and seems to work fine. Did you try to reinstall the mod already? And what game version do you have? It seems like 911:FR is having more problems with the mod than EM4 and EM4 Deluxe...

im sorry but I installed it like 3 times and it says its not installed its LA Mod 1.9 and i have 911 FR.

You installed a submod?

Mission 11 (church) is now my 1st listed mission too, no submods. Your missions were listed but now they aren't - I think it happened when I accidentally clicked "New Compaign" or continue.

I also got the bridge issue - my fire engine tries to cross the bridge on the oncoming lane, which he cant do when there is traffic. It only happens when there is a traffic jam on the road BENEATH the bridge, and its only that small section that messes up.

Another fun thing: The earthquake caused a fire in the ambulance bay at the hospital... which immediately incapacitated my stretcher crew and they dropped the patient they were delivering. The ambulance caught fire and exploded quite fast, but I was able to move the paramedic away in time.

The traffic accident south of the hospital happened again, just as before, 5 cars explode immediately. Only 1 victim remained. Also when you send an ambulance to the hospital from that location, they sometimes just back up to the building that borders the hospital parking lot and the stretcher crew gets out to walk.. of course they have to go around the block :P

Great work Hoppah - really like the map (except when I spend about 10 minutes dealing with traffic rather the emergencyies; but hey I get to laugh about it afterwards :P ).

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but there's a bug with eastern-most boat launch / landing area - it doesn't work. You can't unload the boat into the water there and you can't drop off people with the boat. Only noticed it when I had a drowning from the pier next to the bugged landing area. :unsure: