Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

I want to steal you installer for my Mod! :P

I wish you can install new maps without having to replace a map. I would like it if we could add a buttons to play other maps in game.

That's unfortunately not possible and that's also why I made an installer so people can choose what freeplay map they want; the normal one or the new one. I used Inno Setup 5 to make the installer, so you need some scripting experience to build a similar one, even if I give you my source code. :)

His custom install information attatched to the installer is what requires the scripting, generally the installer application software should be able to install things like patches and what not from what I know about the program. If you wish to have options you would have to make scripts in order for it to function correctly.

That's unfortunately not possible and that's also why I made an installer so people can choose what freeplay map they want; the normal one or the new one. I used Inno Setup 5 to make the installer, so you need some scripting experience to build a similar one, even if I give you my source code. :)

I was curious about the size of the mod in an .exe file compared to the .e4mod file.

So I packed v1.8 into an .exe file as a test. Comparable results:

Installed (fully unpacked): 296 MB

.e4mod file: 195 MB

.exe file (default compression): 155 MB

.exe file (solid compression method): 144 MB

That will save some traffic when I release v1.9. :)

wouldn't it just be easier to use a mass remote desktop control, and edit all the files on everyone's game at once?

Haha, jokes.

Smaller file size is always better, on both sides of it, means we get it faster, and Stan's traffic doesn't over load.. I have a question, feel free to answer or not, but I was wondering, will the LA river go straight through the middle of the map like the current one, or will it be somewhere else? If you already answered that, woops, but I did read and find nothing, so I figured I would ask :)

I will post more of the map soon, but the river doesn't run accross the whole map,

Thanks, I was curious about that.

so out of curiosity, is the la river that huge drainage system? or is it an actual river?

From what I understand about that river, it isn't actually a real river, it is used for water drainage in the giant concrete field of LA. Water has to go somewhere, right? Now I am not sure if that was built in place of a river that exsisted befpre, but had to be stopped due to the expansion of the City or not, I will have to look into that later on tonight !

Guest LAFD_17

If i may make a suggestion, I knwo that topic is closed however in the LA Mod of Emergency 3 you had Firemen in Blue T shirts and turnout Pants, that is more along the lines of what we wear on a day to day basis rather than the turnout coat and blue pants. thx for the Mod its amazing and again i apologize for posting on an already closed topic

Guest MonkeySquasher

I agree, that was also pretty cool. Having the FFs run out of the back, suit up, jump on the trucks, and roll was fantastic. But I believe Hoppah cut that out due to both time spent scripting it, and the lag in response it caused.

Since, you know, fires in EM4 spread like everything is covered in gasoline. haha

Thanks, I was curious about that.

From what I understand about that river, it isn't actually a real river, it is used for water drainage in the giant concrete field of LA. Water has to go somewhere, right? Now I am not sure if that was built in place of a river that exsisted befpre, but had to be stopped due to the expansion of the City or not, I will have to look into that later on tonight !

Actually, the Los Angeles River is indeed a real river. It was filled with concrete though to stop alluvial flood plains from developing.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/457/screen04g.jpg

I love how the dirt road goes up an over the tunnel. You do some amazing stuff hoopah!

Will there be a train wreck by any chance? All the freeplay maps have trains but we never get to actually cut them open.

My apoligies for asking about an airport earlier on, I forgot you had mentioned it in the first post.