bama1234

NYC Private Mod

PM me the model and I can take a crack at it, but as mikey said, zmod just doesnt work well with imports.

Why did you choose a Caprice rather then a 1994 Chevy Caprice Classic? I mean I am sure your bound to see such a car in NY. Hell on my trips to Chicago I was seeing Maseratis and thats something you will be lucky to see once in your life here.

PM me the model and I can take a crack at it, but as mikey said, zmod just doesnt work well with imports.

Why did you choose a Caprice rather then a 1994 Chevy Caprice Classic? I mean I am sure your bound to see such a car in NY. Hell on my trips to Chicago I was seeing Maseratis and thats something you will be lucky to see once in your life here.

well i think i may have a fix, but i like the 2004 models. and i do have a '94 model, it is hoppahs caprice taxi reskinned. its in one of these screens i think.

If you wanna bother me with a PM with the model in the format that isnt going into Z2, just make shure that the file it's outputting has a filesize, if it is 0bytes that means your 3D Studios isnt exporting correctly. If it has a size I'll tinker with it and see if I can't get it to work right in z2, it may have to go thru a medium app before z2 sees it correctly.... IF I can make it work I will tell you the proceedure to do it.

Unfortunately the 04 Cappies are not used in america so it'll be a very cool car but fictional in the NYPD scheme=) For whatever reason only the GTO came over from Holden's line.

If you wanna bother me with a PM with the model in the format that isnt going into Z2, just make shure that the file it's outputting has a filesize, if it is 0bytes that means your 3D Studios isnt exporting correctly. If it has a size I'll tinker with it and see if I can't get it to work right in z2, it may have to go thru a medium app before z2 sees it correctly.... IF I can make it work I will tell you the proceedure to do it.

Unfortunately the 04 Cappies are not used in america so it'll be a very cool car but fictional in the NYPD scheme=) For whatever reason only the GTO came over from Holden's line.

Oh god, lol, I meant to say Impala this whole time!! The model is 2004 impala, not caprice, sorry everyone. :)

And for "copy protection" reasons, I'll send you a sample car in 3DS format and you could try to work with that, it'd be the same as having the caprice.

That's fine by me, nobody noticed it but I did the 2005 Impala too already so I have one too=) I just need an exported file from your app to try to figure out why it won't take it in, preferably something simplish but with something more than a cube to it so I can tell what the file is doing, a cube looks the same regardless of how it's placed in zmod, a car you can tell if it's upside down or whatever:)

Impaler isnt done yet, it just happened we both were building the same car at about the same time....... I am not sure what I'm going to personally do with it yet so for general release it's probrably not going to happen yet because I think I'm going to start my own mod but I need some new cars out there to get somewhere with it... and honestly it would suck to have the models all done but someone else did my mod before I could because they just borrowed all my models=( That is generally why I go case by case basis on whether I distribute the models, some people need them for their mod and I believe that generally if you're putting in the work on a mod yourself you shouldn't have to make all new models when good ones exist already.. Once I find a use for those that I've got roaming about building a "simple" mod should come fast enough... In one of the modding question topics there is a post that has the picture of the impaler because it was what I had available at the time to show what I use,etc...

I think you're using Z2 which I hate with a passion, in truth I use it for normals calculation and exporting, otherwise I avoid Z2 like the plague bama so hopefully you can understand Hoppah's tutorial=( Glad you figured out the 3DS process to get it into z2 correctly. You MAY want to export it as a V3O and ensure that it is not mirroring or inverting the model or anything stupid like that, my app does do that when imported to Z2, so yours might as well.

Okay everyone, I finally got a model into the GAME!!!!!!

Problems: (lol)

1. Model is too small and when I scale it in Zmodeler and replace the old with new it is still the same size.

Other than that it is goin good!

[please help]

if I remember correctly you need to tick these settings to fix that problem, everyone else seems to have it but me=(

Display>Local Axis>Reset to World

there is a little box next to local axis, click that and make sure you have these checked:

Keep Orientation checked

Orientation Selected and then try to rescale that should work I think if I remember right.

Hooray! :)

I finally have modelled a 1990 Ford Crown Victoria which will be used as a police car in my mod. This took hours of frustrating work to build and to get it to work. I'd like to thank Hoppah for his tutorials and MikeyPI for his help.

post-3134-1241234760_thumb.jpgpost-3134-1241234770_thumb.jpg

Please comment

Guest RescueMe

I finally have modelled a 1990 Ford Crown Victoria which will be used as a police car in my mod. This took hours of frustrating work to build and to get it to work. I'd like to thank Hoppah for his tutorials and MikeyPI for his help.

Please comment

I like old ameriacan police cars :police: I'm very happy because you make one of them and it will be place in your mod.

RescueMe

Please comment

I don't thing NYPD is still using those cars.

But I might be wrong.

Guest RescueMe
I don't thing NYPD is still using those cars.

But I might be wrong.

It doesn't matter because he make this for fun, for himself ;) It si a great idea puttinh old things in sometihng modern, new etc

RescueMe

looks nice bama, btw don't know if it was mentiend but most if not all batallion chief cars hve a lightbar towards the back as well as the fron't just saying.

Ps: i wish i could model like you

Welcome to what I said is the part most of us modelers despise=)

Uv mapping the things takes the most effort to get to have a usable vehicle, that's where you waste pretty much all your time unfortuantely... This is more of a learning experience for him I should think rather than a car that he intends to use for much of anything... Generally this is what you do when you're learning the ropes, you build a model just because you like the vehicle, then you put the mesh on and skin it, then you play with it for a bit, then you redo it because you see things you think you can do better, then you compare V1 of it to V2 and you go "good god, how did I think that was perfect?!" sadly, that is the way it always plays since you steadilly gain experience and can do something better... I think I've managed to get two vehicles "perfect" to where I don't wanna change things later on them=(

You're basicly free to release your OWN models as a submod for the Los Angeles Mod.

They're not made by me, so they can be released (either as a new mod or a submod).

Just... nobody actually tried to do that yet,

Hoppah

The .eft files in de /Maps/ folder. .eft files can't be opened. You need to download the original map files in .jpg format from our download database. You can change and convert them to .eft later. It's not possible to convert from .eft back to .jpg or .tga

The .eft files in de /Maps/ folder. .eft files can't be opened. You need to download the original map files in .jpg format from our download database. You can change and convert them to .eft later. It's not possible to convert from .eft back to .jpg or .tga

Okay and by "download from our database" you mean the download center and by "convert" you mean just rename, right?