bama1234

NYC Private Mod

Guest MonkeySquasher

Bama, about the State Troopers..

1) NYSP cars are actually navy blue

2) Car tags are number, letter, two numbers. The first number is Zone, the second is Troop, the last two are Unit number. At my local barracks, we have such units as 1A11, 1A22, 1A15, etc. However, your mod would have things like.. 1NYC** (where as ** would be your unit number. Might I suggest 11 and 22, as those seem to be popular.)

They don't normally have the numbers on the trunk, but I don't think that'd be a problem. Also, NYSP have Chargers, but almost none are actually used on the road, they still just use Crown Vics. And SP themselves aren't used much in NYC, but they are there.

Bama, about the State Troopers..

1) NYSP cars are actually navy blue

2) Car tags are number, letter, two numbers. The first number is Zone, the second is Troop, the last two are Unit number. At my local barracks, we have such units as 1A11, 1A22, 1A15, etc. However, your mod would have things like.. 1NYC** (where as ** would be your unit number. Might I suggest 11 and 22, as those seem to be popular.)

They don't normally have the numbers on the trunk, but I don't think that'd be a problem. Also, NYSP have Chargers, but almost none are actually used on the road, they still just use Crown Vics. And SP themselves aren't used much in NYC, but they are there.

rofl they're actually blue. (sigh). :)

That'll be changed when I get around to it, thanks, because I never actually noticed that :)

As for the license plates, I really don't care (don't take that the wrong way), they're just plates and noone will notice in the game.

The crown vic that is used for CHP in the regular mod I cannot change; the paint scheme, I mean; because I am using that car's .v3o file for the LAPD/NYPD cruiser.

Thanks for info! :)

-Bama1234

Nice work Bama, I have to say that sheriff car is UGLY! Of course thats not your fault, its just a crappy paint scheme imo.

I agree the paint scheme for the sheriff is ugly, but they're apparently used in NYC, so there we go. :)

Here are some ideas that you should consider to make this mod more like New York:

Since Hoppah has so many cool versions of the crown, you need to come up with new amazing ideas to replace the skins, here are some things you should change:

1. Make the LASD Prison Transport Van look like the NYPD Traffic Enforcement Van http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/308252..._b443526247.jpg

2. Make on of the Crown Vic's like this http://www.nycustoms.com/photos/medium/nypd%20traffic.jpg

3. Make the LAPD Ford Explorer look like this http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3269/291393..._0425eb4fb6.jpg

4. When we sound the alarm at the station, make it sound like the real FDNY tones.

5. Make call boxes

Please contact me if you have any questions, I know all about NYC and its public safety

Mike

CHEROKEE COUNTY FIRE & EMERGENCY SERVICES

Here are some ideas that you should consider to make this mod more like New York:

Since Hoppah has so many cool versions of the crown, you need to come up with new amazing ideas to replace the skins, here are some things you should change:

1. Make the LASD Prison Transport Van look like the NYPD Traffic Enforcement Van http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/308252..._b443526247.jpg

2. Make on of the Crown Vic's like this http://www.nycustoms.com/photos/medium/nypd%20traffic.jpg

3. Make the LAPD Ford Explorer look like this http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3269/291393..._0425eb4fb6.jpg

4. When we sound the alarm at the station, make it sound like the real FDNY tones.

5. Make call boxes

Please contact me if you have any questions, I know all about NYC and its public safety

Mike

CHEROKEE COUNTY FIRE & EMERGENCY SERVICES

Good idea with the van, but if you look back I've already done the traffic cop and SUV. I used the airport police car for the traffic cop :)

The crown vic that is used for CHP in the regular mod I cannot change; the paint scheme, I mean; because I am using that car's .v3o file for the LAPD/NYPD cruiser.

Why not make copies of the v3o files then just edit them to point to the new dds.

I didnt quite understand what you meant though so i may be wrong.

For example in a v3o files you will see something likes this:

SRF, Dive_Rescue_6, 0, 0, 0, Dive_Rescue_6.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Then replace Dive_Rescue_6 with the name of the dds file minus the dds extension and then the name of the dds file with the dds extension as you see above. I have done this on many v3os. You will have to go to edit childs and replace the doors but its a pretty easy process. If this is confusing pm me and I will try to explain better.

Why not make copies of the v3o files then just edit them to point to the new dds.

I didnt quite understand what you meant though so i may be wrong.

For example in a v3o files you will see something likes this:

SRF, Dive_Rescue_6, 0, 0, 0, Dive_Rescue_6.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Then replace Dive_Rescue_6 with the name of the dds file minus the dds extension and then the name of the dds file with the dds extension as you see above. I have done this on many v3os. You will have to go to edit childs and replace the doors but its a pretty easy process. If this is confusing pm me and I will try to explain better.

How can I edit a v3o file? it is a 3d-model file. (please excuse me if this is a stupid question) :)

Make sure its unlocked(i am sure you already know this but just checking :P) and then open it with wordpad, or in my case i prefer notepad2. Then you can use the v3o as many times as you want with out any complicated modeling or uv mapping. :)

My fault for not mentioning wordpad and such above, it was late :$

Make sure its unlocked(i am sure you already know this but just checking :P) and then open it with wordpad, or in my case i prefer notepad2. Then you can use the v3o as many times as you want with out any complicated modeling or uv mapping. :)

My fault for not mentioning wordpad and such above, it was late :$

thanks very much!!

I got it to work! :)

I owe you one man, thx

hey bama i just thounght of somthing. Since a lot of people have sugestd the traffic cop 3 weel car. mabie you could use the one form la mod v2.5 and import it to zmodler and out put it into a format for la mod 1.8 for emergency 4.

hey bama i just thounght of somthing. Since a lot of people have sugestd the traffic cop 3 weel car. mabie you could use the one form la mod v2.5 and import it to zmodler and out put it into a format for la mod 1.8 for emergency 4.

There was a 3-wheeler in EM3 LA-Mod?

oh wait no just looked like it mabie you could use the green truck or whaterver it is that is civil just move the wheel over and give it commands i will give the spefic unit name in a minute